Tiny info about a Tiny Media Empire aka Daniel Danger thread

General art-related discussion.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:41 am

wonkabars7 wrote:Can’t decide if this is the best or worst self call out thread evar

The initial self call out was a weak 4.5/10, but the JP tru-fan supplement easily boosted it to a solid 9/10
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:42 am

bapaik wrote:I don't get where the asshole part comes in? Were people like berating him for APs? Or deceiving him? What you just said doesn't sound like anything other than just inquiring for APs? There has to be more? Question mark? Question mark?

Edit: I'm not doubting the asshole call out by DD.
Not sure what else happened besides myself, but I do know I asked someone next to me in line that wasn't buying a JP if they could buy me one as well for someone who had asked me for one.
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
bsharp
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 pm

sleal16
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Might have been the same for several people. I asked a couple of folks that went to see if they can get me a copy, but none were really able to in combination of b/c of the capped line and AP's stopped being sold at the con.

Needless to say I should have been more patient and not buy one the day after on the bays and could have saved a little bit of money. But I get a little impatient with certain things :cry:
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:06 pm

BenRichards wrote:
bapaik wrote:I don't get where the asshole part comes in? Were people like berating him for APs? Or deceiving him? What you just said doesn't sound like anything other than just inquiring for APs? There has to be more? Question mark? Question mark?

Edit: I'm not doubting the asshole call out by DD.
Not sure what else happened besides myself, but I do know I asked someone next to me in line that wasn't buying a JP if they could buy me one as well for someone who had asked me for one.
Gotcha -- that makes more sense. Thanks.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:25 pm

it was a culmination of a few people just being odd. right when i got back from the signing a dude was being pushy and i very politely told him i would put some out later, would announce as such in advance, but i was tired and needed a little bit. mind you this was like my fifth day of the show and i was exhausted, so the last thing i needed to hear was a fully sincere "...but i already walked over here." also someone else yelled about how "thats not how kevin tong does it." (?????). i dont like yelling at people, but i dont much care for being casually disrespected. also i admittedly very much needed breakfast.

otherwise sdcc was fun, i had fun and will do it again and id very much like to thank everyone who came by and said hi or picked up any of the new releases.
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:13 pm

i got one fwiw. i liked that it was basically royal tenenbaums with dinosaurs.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:37 pm

danieldanger wrote:it was a culmination of a few people just being odd. right when i got back from the signing a dude was being pushy and i very politely told him i would put some out later, would announce as such in advance, but i was tired and needed a little bit. mind you this was like my fifth day of the show and i was exhausted, so the last thing i needed to hear was a fully sincere "...but i already walked over here." also someone else yelled about how "thats not how kevin tong does it." (?????). i dont like yelling at people, but i dont much care for being casually disrespected. also i admittedly very much needed breakfast.

otherwise sdcc was fun, i had fun and will do it again and id very much like to thank everyone who came by and said hi or picked up any of the new releases.
You really need a "What Would Kevin Tong Do" shirt now.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:39 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
danieldanger wrote:it was a culmination of a few people just being odd. right when i got back from the signing a dude was being pushy and i very politely told him i would put some out later, would announce as such in advance, but i was tired and needed a little bit. mind you this was like my fifth day of the show and i was exhausted, so the last thing i needed to hear was a fully sincere "...but i already walked over here." also someone else yelled about how "thats not how kevin tong does it." (?????). i dont like yelling at people, but i dont much care for being casually disrespected. also i admittedly very much needed breakfast.

You really need a "What Would Kevin Tong Do" shirt now.
:2thumb:
So it goes...
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:09 am

Lol
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:47 pm

tulip1637 wrote:i got one fwiw. i liked that it was basically royal tenenbaums with dinosaurs.
Just as long as it’s not a creepy house then you’re good...? :roll:
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm

-----> my comment

your head <---------
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Not really. Any luck on your Fairey ISOs?
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:55 pm

another day of "i dont even know what is happening on expressobeans" i see
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 pm

danieldanger wrote:another day of "i dont even know what is happening on expressobeans" i see
otherwise known as any day ending in "y".
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump