Death Waltz Recording Company official thread

General art-related discussion.
DeathWaltzRecs
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 am

statik wrote:I'm just not feeling the hype. I want balls to the balls excitement in what you're doing and so far it just seems lackluster. You need to take a class in Jaiden or something.
Tough crowd. If you are not excited by having Zombi 2 on coloured vinyl with brand new commissioned artwork for the first time ever with extensive exclusive sleevenotes from the composer, Stephen Thrower & the artsist then we are obviously not the label for you sir !
statik
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:40 am

DeathWaltzRecs wrote:
statik wrote:I'm just not feeling the hype. I want balls to the balls excitement in what you're doing and so far it just seems lackluster. You need to take a class in Jaiden or something.
Tough crowd. If you are not excited by having Zombi 2 on coloured vinyl with brand new commissioned artwork for the first time ever with extensive exclusive sleevenotes from the composer, Stephen Thrower & the artsist then we are obviously not the label for you sir !
I read your first reply but then you got angry and came back for another. ;/
drymount your sig!
sapien
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:11 am

I can't swing the sub and don't want all the releases but I'm gonna try for maybe half of the vinyl releases.

Looking forward to whatever I can afford and score.
Film4Me
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:45 pm

DeathWaltzRecs wrote:
ulrick wrote:70$ for a 20x20 poster....ouch count me out.
that's fine.
As a subber you already get a 12 x 12 litho print & an A2 posters.

The giclees / screen prints are intended for collectors that want something a lillte extra special and maybe don't want the vinyl.
These are not just 'posters' this Graham Humphreys print is a giclee on 300 gm velvet somerset deckled edge paper , it's stunning. I never intended the label to have the same ole style prints as other people out there ... .
You can't please all of the people .....
You either buy them or you don't.
I am a collector myself and I am looking at creating a package that people will love , not just think is OK.
I thought it would be good to engage with folks but maybe I was wrong?
I think it is GREAT that you are trying to engage with us and get people excited about the releases! I am really looking forward to getting a sub and seeing the art that will coincide with each release.
stanley
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Film4Me wrote:I think it is GREAT that you are trying to engage with us and get people excited about the releases! I am really looking forward to getting a sub and seeing the art that will coincide with each release.
Same here!

just to make absolutely sure...

once I have a sub I get all vinyl + small print etc AND besides that I get the opportunity (pre market) to buy any of the additional larger prints?
The large prints are not included but I have the option to buy.

cheers stan
Tonto

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:26 pm

DeathWaltzRecs wrote:
You can't please everyone and it would be a waste to try. You're putting together some great stuff, DWR, and I look forward to getting my hands on some of it.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 pm

I really need a new record player + speakers.
Maybe for x-mas.
DeathWaltzRecs
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:40 pm

stanley wrote:
Film4Me wrote:I think it is GREAT that you are trying to engage with us and get people excited about the releases! I am really looking forward to getting a sub and seeing the art that will coincide with each release.
Same here!

just to make absolutely sure...

once I have a sub I get all vinyl + small print etc AND besides that I get the opportunity (pre market) to buy any of the additional larger prints?
The large prints are not included but I have the option to buy.

cheers stan
Correct and at a cheaper price too ;)
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:42 pm

So colored vinyl will be available in addition to subs? Also, once colored runs out, will you still have regular black for everything? :P
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
DeathWaltzRecs
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:45 pm

cheers chaps. I'm a fan so just eager to share ...
s
dasher12
Art Expert

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:31 am

Is this still going up today ?
stanley
Art Enthusiast

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:39 am

dasher12 wrote:Is this still going up today ?
site gives a new date april 30th... which is queensday in the Netherlands so changes are I'm not going to be in...
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:44 am

@deathwaltzrecs: make sure you are signed up to our mailing list as they will get the heads up when the site goes live today http://t.co/qBpRTHP0

From twitter. 8:58 EST
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:44 am

Yeah.... but he was tweeting like it was still today. I don't know what is going on. I will probably just get the individual records.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
lazk
Art Expert

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:54 am

I cannot keep up with all the date changes...
T.K.C.