Ashley Wood

General art-related discussion.
x43x
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:55 am

How is there not a dedicated Ashley Wood thread? Or am I just not seeing it? Anyway, thought it would good to get a discussion going, even though it might make print acquisitions that much harder. Ash opened a store recently and has started selling prints and originals direct from him. Most prints have been low print runs, with some being hand colored as well. There are plenty of toy forums available, so let's keep this thread about the art.

Sign-up for the newsletter to get a heads-up on the drops. Keep in mind he likes to sell in batches, so if it's still in the store and says "Sold Out" there might be more dropped at some point.

His blog:
http://ashleybambaland.blogspot.com/

His store:
http://ashleywoodgallery.myshopify.com/
Last edited by x43x on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
markenglert
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:01 am

I love Wood's stuff!
x43x
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:24 am

It should also be mentioned that he has a couple dozen books that are all art related.

Oh..and I scored this print tonight

lobotomizer
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:33 am

This ones up right now for $350 edition of 10
31.7" x 31.7" glicee

I like the hand sneeking in the back door :lol:
shibby
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:49 am

x43x wrote:It should also be mentioned that he has a couple dozen books that are all art related.

want!

site mentions that prints are released in batches, so even though it says 'SOLD OUT' , does that mean the entire run is gone, or will more be available later?
RadicalRich1138
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:51 am

Managed to grab one (second drop), with 2 drops so far and an edition of 10, I don't know how many more drops they are going to do.
BigmanJames wrote: i am he who does drugs for my inlaws
x43x
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 am

shibby wrote: want!

site mentions that prints are released in batches, so even though it says 'SOLD OUT' , does that mean the entire run is gone, or will more be available later?
More will be up, but I'm not sure when. Ash is in Australia, so it's the afternoon for him...he could put up more today in a few hours, or in a few days. He might get the first batch packed up and shipped first, then put more up in a couple days like he did with the first prints.

He's been pretty surprised by the demand. I think he thought the prints would take a while to sell out but they are going instantly, which adds a lot of work to his already insane schedule. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the newsletter and his blog for updates. You gotta be fast though!
shibby
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 am

x43x wrote:
shibby wrote: want!

More will be up, but I'm not sure when. Ash is in Australia, so it's the afternoon for him...he could put up more today in a few hours, or in a few days. He might get the first batch packed up and shipped first, then put more up in a couple days like he did with the first prints.

He's been pretty surprised by the demand. I think he thought the prints would take a while to sell out but they are going instantly, which adds a lot of work to his already insane schedule. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the newsletter and his blog for updates. You gotta be fast though!

thanks for the info, I'll be keeping a close eye on that website. love that image.
murdock
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:19 am

Congrats on the score - I missed out (again).

Good thinking to give Ash his own thread, too. This will definitively heat up good when the JLG show is coming around...
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
treweman
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:19 am

x43x wrote:It should also be mentioned that he has a couple dozen books that are all art related.

Thanks for the heads up. This one sold out while I was looking through the store. One minute available, was thinking about it, the next minute sold out. Such is life. If more are available later, I'd really appreciate it if someone could alert me.
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:21 am

What is the website where these acutally go up for sale? bambalandstore.com?
treweman
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 am

Super_Dank_Nugz wrote:What is the website where these acutally go up for sale? bambalandstore.com?
Click the link in x43x OP.
exiter
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:25 am

Just woke up and I would love to grab one of these... :drool:
"It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." -Anton Szandor LaVey
¡Artistas Fantásticos! William Rupnik Gallery -> http://t.co/fjBY3mOv
1xRUN Invite -> http://1xrun.com/invite/exiter
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:28 am

Nice! I failed last night, but "there" just dropped again, and got one.

Sweet.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:32 am

Way to go, Scott!
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."