Ashley Wood

General art-related discussion.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:I'd like to see Ash increase his edition sizes, so we all can get one. And cut out the drymounting flippers....well some of them at least. :lol:
But, I know more people are into the value more than the artwork.
He can't/won't go to higher runs because he and his wife are doing these out of his house and Ash said 50 is about his breaking point.

When I suggested going back to open editions on the 3A forum to combat flipping he shot that down as well for the same reason. I was thinking in terms of outsourcing the actual printing/logistics to someone he trusts, like soph and Jem and the printer they use, but it seems like doing these himself is the only option he's considering.

Sadly charging 2x-3x not only deters flippers but fans as well.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:11 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Yourself included? I hate seeing you post things knowing you used Wood prints to obtain Geddes.

So the value worked for you.
:lol:
oh gonzo.
:roll:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:12 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:I'd like to see Ash increase his edition sizes, so we all can get one. And cut out the drymounting flippers....well some of them at least. :lol:
He can't/won't go to higher runs because he and his wife are doing these out of his house and Ash said 50 is about his breaking point.

When I suggested going back to open editions on the 3A forum to combat flipping he shot that down as well for the same reason. I was thinking in terms of outsourcing the actual printing/logistics to someone he trusts, like soph and Jem and the printer they use, but it seems like doing these himself is the only option he's considering.

Right, this i know. I was just commenting.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I know truth sucks. Where did There go? Where is the Gospel going?

Value is helping you so please don't complain about it.
Same fudge, different drop.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:

Guess he wants to micro manage the whole process, time consuming but allows for total control.

I am hoping for a There V1 giclee release more than anything else... :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
fnord
Art Expert

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 pm

I'll complain about it.
The secondary prices on these means I'll only be trying for primary sales.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:17 pm

fnord wrote:I'll complain about it.
The secondary prices on these means I'll only be trying for primary sales.
Good for you. I'm buying everything at inflated rates BUT because I like the art.
Same fudge, different drop.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:17 pm

...followed by this:

:drool:

sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:18 pm

gonzo303 wrote:I know truth sucks. Where did There go? Where is the Gospel going?

Value is helping you so please don't complain about it.
Blow me Gonzo.

There was traded for something I truly wanted, and guess what, it's on the drymounting wall.

Gospel is only going for another Wood i'd rather have on my wall.

Otherwise, it will prolly stay in my flat file.

Value? More like hype. I certainly wasn't going to pay for the Geddes at hype, errr, market value. Same goes for the Woods i'd like.

I don't care about value, but if it can help me obtain items i want on my wall, then sure, have at it.
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm

rubberneck wrote: I am hoping for a There V1 giclee release more than anything else... :pint:
As long as it's not to sexually explicit, I'm happy. Don't get me wrong, I find some of his more, I guess the word would be provacative, paintings to be fantastic. But trying to convince the little lady that it makes perfect sense to put a few vajayjays on the wall is difficult.
That's what she said
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Who cares what people do with their own prints
bmerel
Art Expert

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:23 pm

ha. vajayjays on walls
Bowley
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 pm

rubberneck wrote:...followed by this:

Man, that looks like it's right out of MGS4, except Ashley Wood robots instead of Metal Gear.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:29 pm

These other 2 are on the main flash page of WWR:
WWR.JPG

sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:30 pm

finneganm wrote: But trying to convince the little lady that it makes perfect sense to put a few vajayjays on the wall is difficult.
This is my issue with Gospel. I didn't quite realize that her junk is in plain view. Didn't go over well with the lady. Thus, I'd be open to trade it for a non-sexual Wood. :lol: