New Zoltron/Primus Prints

General art-related discussion.
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:15 pm

I think I might need some popcorn to view this frame up. Nice!
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:19 pm

i sometimes think you are offering sex for these things from Z.

can't wait to see the video
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:44 pm

video, video, video!!!
We want more!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
geezer
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Good stuff, Statik !!
smm24339
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:27 pm

geezer wrote:Good stuff, Statik !!

In my best Cartman impersonation, "god, I hate you statik".

Unreal. That thing is amazing.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Although I love how Emek and Jason combined to turn this into a completely custom piece, with the purple foil and the doodle, I'm surprised that no one has ever posted (to my knowledge) that they've used a different colored backing foil on any of Emek's lasercut prints. I've toyed with his Dead On The Road poster by placing yellow and silver foils behind the poster to see how it looks, but I ended up framing it with the red foil that came with the poster. I know the foil he provides has the Emek chop stamp imprinted on it (in it?), but it's hidden behind the image so you don't see it when it's framed, so it's impossible to tell whether the foil you use is the foil that came with the poster. People should play around with their calavera skull and this one to see what alternative colorway foils work for them.
Just my $0.02.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:39 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Although I love how Emek and Jason combined to turn this into a completely custom piece, with the purple foil and the doodle, I'm surprised that no one has ever posted (to my knowledge) that they've used a different colored backing foil on any of Emek's lasercut prints. I've toyed with his Dead On The Road poster by placing yellow and silver foils behind the poster to see how it looks, but I ended up framing it with the red foil that came with the poster. I know the foil he provides has the Emek chop stamp imprinted on it (in it?), but it's hidden behind the image so you don't see it when it's framed, so it's impossible to tell whether the foil you use is the foil that came with the poster. People should play around with their calavera skull and this one to see what alternative colorway foils work for them.
Just my $0.02.
The master has spoken truth again. :notworthy:

Love this idea!
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
statik
Art Expert

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:44 pm

soam24 wrote:i sometimes think you are offering sex for these things from Z.

can't wait to see the video
Ha! Nah, no sex. Though thanks to you I have now have strange mental images of Z having sex with a paper bag over his head (since he's the mystery man after all). Z actually had nothing to do with how I landed this one. I blame crazy good timing, patience, Scratch, and Emek for making this all possible. I failed miserably at the drop. I was only going for the black variant so that's part of the blame, hate the color red so I really didn't want that regular. After the drop I had quite a lot of offers of people trying to flip theirs on me which I turned down. I did have offers for a regular at cost (thank you) but I turned those down too. I saw Scratch had the black variant a few weeks later after the drop for sale in one of his Goodfoot Gallery shows where Emek had a recent show. I snatched it up having no clue it came with a custom frame job and the rest? Well you're looking at the rest. :D

A video will be done. I want it to be good though so I'm not rushing it. I'm still learning all the different buttons on the remote too. This video has to be good though since the plan is to have Primus post it on their Facebook wall and maybe I can get Emek to do the same? Heck I still have to decide on which track to play for the video, that's not easy when you prefer to stray off into the lesser known territory of Primus tracks.

Yeah, I'm surprised about the lack of custom foil too. I just knew I wanted purple in the frame up, wasn't even thinking of the foil color specifically at the time. It's such a busy image on it's own that I didn't want to go crazy with the outside frame itself. Green compliments purple so damn well, just look at the top strain marijuana plants for proof of this. I knew black on black flush stye would also look nice but decided we should change it up. It's pretty funny that Scratch was hesitant at first with working with purple but I made him a quick believer. The purple foil came from Emek himself once I told him about the frame up I had in the works. I did not expect that request to go as well as it did but I'm glad I just said "drymount it" and talked to Emek like a normal person versus freaking out on him. And it's been a true pleasure to work with both of them and I can't thank them enough for hooking up all the extras that I have yet to share on here.
drymount your sig!
yostarama
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:34 am

Any word on posters for the upcoming tour? I'm gonna go to the show in Jersey....I'm curious what ole Deaner has planned?
yostarama
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:27 pm

Is there a artist lineup for the tour?
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Zoltron is on his way to Bordeaux, France for an exhibition, so it's anybody's guess as to when he'll announce the lineup.
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:30 am

Yesterday Zoltron teased they had the line-up with this quote "This time around, I called on a number of heavyweight poster artists to be involved and they all responded with such enthusiastic replies as, "yeah, i guess..." "umm, ok..." and "who's Primus..?"" So getting a little excited. They play Monday in Birmingham, its an hour and half drive, on a work night...but I might just have to go.
smm24339
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:22 am

It's a 9 hour drive for me (or $300 flight) but....that Kansas City show is pretty tempting. Wife wouldn't be too happy with me either. But for Qotsa and primus??!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:15 am

The artist lineup is up at zoltron.com