New Zoltron/Primus Prints

General art-related discussion.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu May 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Damn it Stanley! I want a signed print of his, but I laugh at this price.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fredo
Art God

Thu May 24, 2012 4:53 pm

I wouldn't pay $250 for the beer coaster.
just a foil for me today, thanks
statik
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2012 4:55 pm

jools wrote:
statik wrote:
fredo wrote:BAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!
I want some of whatever the Mouse is smoking if he thinks I'm going to fork out $250 for a print that looks like something I could of drawn in Paintshop. Your name is big yes but I don't reward people who are taking advantage of that with such a sub par piece of work.
oh come on now, have some respect
"the drawing was done on the back of a beer coaster when we were in NY a month ago"

bring on the travis louie
I have plenty of respect. I just think it's bogus that were suppose to accept this as the norm just because of who he is. At that point it feels like their taking advantage of their name simply because they can. I would of bought this in a heartbeat if it showed they actually took some time to give a damn but this just feels like "so yeah, I was drinking in a bar, I figured drymount it I'll knock this project out right here". If the price was more reasonable I would probably be nicer but I can't find a reason at this point and the annoying thing is, I Want to!
drymount your sig!
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu May 24, 2012 4:58 pm

oh, I drew this while shitting, and it's worth as much as gold because my signature is on it!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jools
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2012 5:00 pm

statik wrote:
jools wrote:
statik wrote:
fredo wrote:BAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!
I want some of whatever the Mouse is smoking if he thinks I'm going to fork out $250 for a print that looks like something I could of drawn in Paintshop. Your name is big yes but I don't reward people who are taking advantage of that with such a sub par piece of work.
oh come on now, have some respect
"the drawing was done on the back of a beer coaster when we were in NY a month ago"

bring on the travis louie
I have plenty of respect. I just think it's bogus that were suppose to accept this as the norm just because of who he is. At that point it feels like their taking advantage of their name simply because they can. I would of bought this in a heartbeat if it showed they actually took some time to give a damn but this just feels like "so yeah, I was drinking in a bar, I figured drymount it I'll knock this project out right here". If the price was more reasonable I would probably be nicer but I can't find a reason at this point and the annoying thing is, I Want to!
oh sorry i forgot the rolling eyes emotidude :roll: - just so we're clear, i wasn't questioning your respect or lack of, i totally agree with you 100% - the image is poor and the price is ludicrous - but meh...there's always another piece of paper eh? :pint:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
statik
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2012 5:13 pm

jools wrote:
oh sorry i forgot the rolling eyes emotidude :roll: - just so we're clear, i wasn't questioning your respect or lack of, i totally agree with you 100% - the image is poor and the price is ludicrous - but meh...there's always another piece of paper eh? :pint:
No worries, it's the net so it's easy to misunderstand someone.

Always another, plenty more.

Honestly if anything, the person I feel bad for the most here is not even me. My friend who goes by ChronicCrusader on here is my fellow Primus freak when it comes to collecting. Not to mention a very cool person in person too, friendship made through loyalty to Primus ha! I have no doubt in my mind he has the biggest Primus collection that exist. I have a feeling I take second place for that. He's a completionist though so even the prints from the last series that were kinda "meh" he had to purchase just on principle. This one though has really made it hard to question so that sucks.

Wasn't it Alan Hynes that had the Fish On variant last series that was originally priced $140 I believe? I thought that was a lot but I loved the concept and once I received it i had no regrets. If you want to ask for such a price at least make it worth our while. I'm tempted to take one of my many vinyl records and make it a DIY project of painting this image on it just because I can.
drymount your sig!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2012 10:07 pm

I hate to break in on this Stanley Miller lovefest, but my black velvet 1/1 Reuben Rude Primus variant arrived today. It's outstanding, with metallic silver ink and such... and I got the same type of handwritten note statik got, with an oversized test print of the image rather than a regular edition thrown my way by Mr Bellyache!

The variant is flattening now. I'll post a pic or two over the weekend
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Here are a few pics:
100_2079.JPG
100_2078.JPG
100_2081.JPG
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 9:57 pm

... and the test print Reuben threw in:
100_2082.JPG
100_2085.JPG
100_2084.JPG
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat May 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Did not hit me until you posted these pictures that it's Baba Yaga. Nice.
That's what she said
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Maybe the witch herself will appear in an upcoming Bellyache image. That would make for an awesome diptych with this one.
statik
Art Expert

Sun May 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Milwaukee, WI - by Jonathan Bergeron
drymount your sig!
statik
Art Expert

Tue May 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Doug Boehm is suppose to be tonight. Trying to find a preview but nothing so far.
drymount your sig!
statik
Art Expert

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:29 pm

More to add that weren't before.

Tulsa, OK - Tim Doyle

Springfield, MO - John Seabury

Albuquerque, NM - Travis Millard

Flagstaff, AZ - The Date Farmers
drymount your sig!
statik
Art Expert

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 am

Los Angeles, CA (represent!) - Jeff Soto

...pretty much called this one since day one. I knew it had to be Jeff and I'm glad it is. Keeper for sure.
drymount your sig!