Mark Englert?

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:20 am

starkdesign wrote:
markenglert wrote:My Dad and I do that all the time... Packers lose and I'll text him, "Shaka, when the walls fell"

:clap:
Could be worse - my wife quotes Garak from DS9 quite a bit. Awesome in the nerdy sense, but given the character's propensity for duplicity and backstabbing... :?
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 am

jkw3000 wrote:Could be worse - my wife quotes Garak from DS9 quite a bit. Awesome in the nerdy sense, but given the character's propensity for duplicity and backstabbing... :?
LOL yeah, totally!

Been rewatching all the TNG episodes while up late working (thx to netflix), and just finished rewatching the episode with them visiting DS9 (thinking I would jump into a marathon of DS9 next after this is over), but ugh, Dr. Bashir, forgot how annoying he is. (not to mention, not a big Chief O'Brien fan either)

So now I am thinking of jumping back into LOST next.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:56 am

With all this JP talk, I had to do this for my http://www.nesbrick.com build last night lol:

That doesn't look very scary. More like a six-foot turkey.
http://instagram.com/p/qwd9KxhkV0/
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Particle
Art Expert

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:14 am

This is a poster for a movie coming out a year from now, right?
Brian2013
Art Expert

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:16 am

Particle wrote:This is a poster for a movie coming out a year from now, right?
yeap
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:19 am

Yep. To be fair it's meant to be a teaser poster image, the fact that they went with an actual image on a screenprint they can sell instead of the usual "here's the logo and the date, oooo" is different...then again, Mondo sold a poster for this year's Godzilla last year.

Forget about it Jake, it's SDCC.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:05 pm

starkdesign wrote:
simplyrob wrote:
markenglert wrote:I actually talk like that in real life... my wife doesn't watch a lot of movies and usually has no idea what I am talking about.
Oh man, that's funny. I've had to show my wife movies just to explain references before. Sometimes I catch her looking at me as she walks past, I always say, "Spaniard" and nod. That one I just leave as is.
LOL it took my wife 5 times or so before she remembered what I was referencing when I would say "Hold on to your butts" while driving... now she just rolls her eyes at me :cry:
I do the same thing all the time to my girlfriend lol.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Ill just leave this here! Process work shots are pretty awesome on his Twitter feed right now!

markenglert
Art Expert

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:48 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Yep. To be fair it's meant to be a teaser poster image, the fact that they went with an actual image on a screenprint they can sell instead of the usual "here's the logo and the date, oooo" is different...then again, Mondo sold a poster for this year's Godzilla last year.

They are giveaways... rather than spend the same amount of money on printing up a ton of lithos with the logo, they went with something a bit more fun.

Also, they are still gonna print up some 11x17 lithos of these things to plaster the sidewalks with, but I made sure to make them move the logo around to help differentiate it from the screenprint.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:13 pm

markenglert wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:

They are giveaways... rather than spend the same amount of money on printing up a ton of lithos with the logo, they went with something a bit more fun.

Also, they are still gonna print up some 11x17 lithos of these things to plaster the sidewalks with, but I made sure to make them move the logo around to help differentiate it from the screenprint.
Nice to hear! Don't get me wrong, super happy for ya and not bothered by how they're approaching this (the internet's abuzz withh this image and that's great), just more anxious for the movie to be good when the art teasing it is already a keeper.
markenglert
Art Expert

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:25 pm

From what I saw, it looks pretty drymounting rad and I have high hopes... I mean, if the director took as much time as he did to focus on a teaser poster, I can only imagine what he is putting into the movie itself.
shibbyaholic
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Two words Mark... Top Gun.......

Inverted international relations print..... Please!
Image Image Image
markenglert
Art Expert

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:20 am

Martin Hammond knocks another one clear out of the park:

MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:38 am

Wow! Hurts not being able to snag one of these! :(
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:49 am