Mark Englert?

General art-related discussion.
Gkohler
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:14 pm

markenglert wrote:Update: deposit sent for "they all float"

First color for "det er en slags ting" complete, ought to be be done by Thursday and shipped out by Friday!

Printer sent me some process pics:

oh this is great news! keep the process pics coming!
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
Navinabob
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

You are rapidly becoming one of my favorite print artists. Keep up the great work and take my money!
bmerel
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:32 pm

wicked work. any idea when "they all float" is gonna drop? cheers human!!!
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks for making my month so early into it. Now I can just coast til something gets me this excited in May. :pint:
FroDawg
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Mark Englert = Charles Darwin of poster art.

Nice to understand the evolution Mark. Thanks for including us in the process!
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
markenglert
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:08 am

bmerel wrote:wicked work. any idea when "they all float" is gonna drop? cheers human!!!
"they all float" ought to be dropping sometime near the end of next month. I want to have the prints in hand or at least in the process of being printed before I sell them so that people won't have to wait so long and I like the idea of everyone getting a look at a printed one before they decide to purchase.

"der et en slags ting APs will go on sale as soon as I've shipped the numbered edition and they have all arrived safely.

I'll give plenty of warning for both, and give a date(here, on facebook group, blog and twitter), but the drop times will be random.
SKEEEZ
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:13 am

Love random drops, it gives us UK EBers a chance.

Well done on increasing the border size BTW. It looks tons better.
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Hey Mark, in regards to "det er en slags ting", can the printers confirm that they are exactly 12"x36"? Or is that the sort of thing that you can't tell until you have them in hand and varies from print to print? I'm just asking because I was thinkin about getting a frame ready now, and it would be most unfortunate if I had a frame for that size and the print arrived to me being 12'x36-and-a-quarter", something like that.
recycler
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:09 pm

RestlessEye wrote:Hey Mark - any idea when we'll see the det er en slags ting APs available? I totally missed the regular version.
How do you miss a timed release?
Wawaad
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm

recycler wrote:
RestlessEye wrote:Hey Mark - any idea when we'll see the det er en slags ting APs available? I totally missed the regular version.
hmmmm simply didn't know about it?
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RestlessEye
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Wawaad wrote:
recycler wrote:
hmmmm simply didn't know about it?
Yep - only found out about it after it had ended.
markenglert
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:28 pm

RelaxingDragon wrote:Hey Mark, in regards to "det er en slags ting", can the printers confirm that they are exactly 12"x36"? Or is that the sort of thing that you can't tell until you have them in hand and varies from print to print? I'm just asking because I was thinkin about getting a frame ready now, and it would be most unfortunate if I had a frame for that size and the print arrived to me being 12'x36-and-a-quarter", something like that.
I'll go measure the proof they sent right now...
markenglert
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:36 pm

markenglert wrote:
RelaxingDragon wrote:Hey Mark, in regards to "det er en slags ting", can the printers confirm that they are exactly 12"x36"? Or is that the sort of thing that you can't tell until you have them in hand and varies from print to print? I'm just asking because I was thinkin about getting a frame ready now, and it would be most unfortunate if I had a frame for that size and the print arrived to me being 12'x36-and-a-quarter", something like that.
Ok, the proofs I have, which may NOT be indicative of the finals, are actually 11 7/8 x 36. So, you might want to wait until you have it in hand.

I don't anticipate the finals being any more off than that, I HATE it when a print says it's 18x24 and it winds up being 18 1/2 x 23 or something. However, I can't absolutely guarantee the exact size of each one, so the best policy might be to wait, or you can PM me and I'll make a note on my list to make sure you get one that is exactly 12x36 or at least as close as possible.
Last edited by markenglert on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I have a 12X36 sitting in the corner of my living room waiting for this, so here comes a PM...
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:10 am

markenglert wrote:
markenglert wrote:
Ok, the proofs I have, which may NOT be indicative of the finals, are actually 11 7/8 x 36. So, you might want to wait until you have it in hand.

I don't anticipate the finals being any more off than that, I HATE it when a print says it's 18x24 and it winds up being 18 1/2 x 23 or something. However, I can't absolutely guarantee the exact size of each one, so the best policy might be to wait, or you can PM me and I'll make a note on my list to make sure you get one that is exactly 12x36 or at least as close as possible.
I know how you feel. And no worries, I'll just wait until I get it before I go get a frame fitted (I've already got to wait longer for the custom numbering).