General art-related discussion.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Hopefully the Carlin print goes through. Awesome you've got this far :clap:
markenglert
Art Expert

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:32 pm

RobotTails wrote:do a Shadow of the Colossus print. You must.
One of my very favorite games... I play through it at least once a year.
Drumavarium
Art Expert

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 pm

THIS.
bribe
Art Enthusiast

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:31 pm

Panoramic desert tree of woe.

Wonder how tired of print ideas Mark is getting?

Seriously though...

Contemplate that on the Tree of Woe!
jb518
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:41 am

If you are taking ideas for prints, I'd suggest Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. A print with Link riding across an open field with the castle in the distance and perhaps the mountains to the right would be fantastic. Just a thought.
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:42 am

Holy cow! :shock:

I can't believe no one is giving Mark more props for making such a great impression on Carlin's family. Instead you're all begging for video game prints. Awesome games, yes, but COME ON! :!:

Mark- that was a seriously classy way to reach out to his family. Show them the print, let them take it where they may. Not to sound superior, but since I don't know you from Adam I have to say you really impressed me there. Bravo, sir. :pint:
markenglert
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:32 am

jb518 wrote:If you are taking ideas for prints, I'd suggest Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. A print with Link riding across an open field with the castle in the distance and perhaps the mountains to the right would be fantastic. Just a thought.
LoZ is my favorite game series, and OoT is one of the best... I'd love to do a Zedla print, of course.

I just have to wrap my head around how to make a print that will live up to my very high expectations.
markenglert
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:38 am

bhutanpro wrote:Holy cow! :shock:

I can't believe no one is giving Mark more props for making such a great impression on Carlin's family. Instead you're all begging for video game prints. Awesome games, yes, but COME ON! :!:

Mark- that was a seriously classy way to reach out to his family. Show them the print, let them take it where they may. Not to sound superior, but since I don't know you from Adam I have to say you really impressed me there. Bravo, sir. :pint:
Thanks for that.

I'm just really lucky that Kelly Carlin and Sally Wade saw the print, liked it and deemed it worthy enough to pay more than passing attention.
markenglert
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:42 am

Hm, after trying to take pics of det er en slags ting GID, I've decided to have that re-made as well... I want to beef that up a bit so you can more easily tell what it is.

Right now, the explosion is the only thing the reads well and if you really look hard, you can make out the rest... I want it to be like, "Whoa!" and not like, "Huh? Oh, I think... ohhhh."
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:13 am

markenglert wrote:Hm, after trying to take pics of det er en slags ting GID, I've decided to have that re-made as well... I want to beef that up a bit so you can more easily tell what it is.

Right now, the explosion is the only thing the reads well and if you really look hard, you can make out the rest... I want it to be like, "Whoa!" and not like, "Huh? Oh, I think... ohhhh."
That's kind of the way I felt about the preview image on p. 56, but I figured it was more of a photography issue than a print issue. You really have to have a tripod and long exposure to capture it well in my exerience. What is the plan for this, if you don't mind me asking? I assume it involves a re-draw somehow since I don't think you can just make the ink "glow more." It may be a bit of a catch-22. If you make the cloud stuff more prominent for the dark, you may lose the subtle quality in the day. But what the hell do I know Image? I think we all appreciate that you're trying to get the most out of these. :clap:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Pretty please. And Yay! on the Carlin.
yesterday
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:28 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:
Pretty please. And Yay! on the Carlin.
:drool: :drool: :drool:
Image Image
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:25 pm

I have no idea what Shadow of the Colossus is. I think the Carlin image as a stamp is a cool idea.
mcnail
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:41 pm

markenglert wrote:FedEx came...

...goodbye, other half of living room.
Which Yazoo tubes are these? I've never seen big square boxes like that.
mcnail
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:43 pm

You didn't accidentally buy the light-duty handout tubes did you?