Mark Englert?

General art-related discussion.
Celsius
Flipper

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:52 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Jon1701 wrote:
markenglert wrote:Also, more ALIENS commission progress coming soon... the Ripley/Newt drawing i was nearly done with got kinda damaged during the move, so I may have to start over on that, ugh. :hanging:

But, maybe I will try to finish it anyway and auction it for Sandy relief or something.
I find the idea of someone scooping this up in a charity raiser and getting part of a private commission before its actually finished to be mildly amusing.
I assume he would only do that after the commission is finished. That would be a bad move contractually otherwise. I would assume all imagery used to generate a commission would be intellectual property of the commission group anyway?

At least he has already posted images online which should assist in a quicker turnaround on the new piece.
So the 'Elite 10' Group has now become the 'Elite 11'? :shock:
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
iambillyg
Art Freak

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Celsius wrote:So the 'Elite 10' Group has now become the 'Elite 11'? :shock:
No. And 'Elite 10' is a terrible name.
Celsius
Flipper

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 pm

iambillyg wrote:
Celsius wrote:So the 'Elite 10' Group has now become the 'Elite 11'? :shock:
No. And 'Elite 10' is a terrible name.
I didn't come up with it.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:58 pm

EB Illuminati
That's what she said
RobotLoggia
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Jon1701 wrote:
markenglert wrote:Also, more ALIENS commission progress coming soon... the Ripley/Newt drawing i was nearly done with got kinda damaged during the move, so I may have to start over on that, ugh. :hanging:

But, maybe I will try to finish it anyway and auction it for Sandy relief or something.
I find the idea of someone scooping this up in a charity raiser and getting part of a private commission before its actually finished to be mildly amusing.
This thread just got interesting.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Super Adventure Club?

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Jon1701
Art Expert

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:18 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:Super Adventure Club?

“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
markenglert
Art Expert

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Hurm, well I might just rip up the damaged Ripley/Newt piece, or send it to the group to do with what they will... I just know some folks hit pretty hard by Sandy and am trying to do whatever I can to help the general relief. I've already helped who I know personally as much as i can, now I'm looking to give to charities.
markenglert
Art Expert

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 pm

ryanfromindiana wrote:I thought the Walking Deads sold out?
I held back a bunch of the numbered run to cover any damaged that might happen during shipping... there were also a couple of people with GID layer oddities, like big gobs of ink that you could only see when it glowed.

So, I'll be selling the ones I held back... not many variants, left, though.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 pm

markenglert wrote:
ryanfromindiana wrote:I thought the Walking Deads sold out?
I held back a bunch of the numbered run to cover any damaged that might happen during shipping... there were also a couple of people with GID layer oddities, like big gobs of ink that you could only see when it glowed.

So, I'll be selling the ones I held back... not many variants, left, though.
Any idea on the price of those Walking Dead reg AP's? I've also been patiently waiting for the zombie portrait drop..
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Jon1701 wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:Super Adventure Club?

Post of Day
deestar
Art Expert

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 pm

markenglert wrote:Hurm, well I might just rip up the damaged Ripley/Newt piece, or send it to the group to do with what they will... I just know some folks hit pretty hard by Sandy and am trying to do whatever I can to help the general relief. I've already helped who I know personally as much as i can, now I'm looking to give to charities.
May i suggest an EB giveaway? $5 - $10 buy in, 50-100 lots and then a random number generator draw by Mark or the Mods and then everyone is happy...... I think? Hope i didnt offend the Illuminati OG's?
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 pm

markenglert wrote:Hurm, well I might just rip up the damaged Ripley/Newt piece, or send it to the group to do with what they will... I just know some folks hit pretty hard by Sandy and am trying to do whatever I can to help the general relief. I've already helped who I know personally as much as i can, now I'm looking to give to charities.
Mark, giving to charity is commendable, but not without the agreement and consent of whoever owns the product you are raffling...

Thats where I'm coming from....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RobotLoggia
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:31 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Mark, giving to charity is commendable, but not without the agreement and consent of whoever owns the product you are raffling...

You just listed a ton of prints you have leftover. Instead of marking up the prices and buying cake, put them on eBay and give the money to charity. Can't be that daft.
markenglert
Art Expert

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm

RobotLoggia wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

You just listed a ton of prints you have leftover. Instead of marking up the prices and buying cake, put them on eBay and give the money to charity. Can't be that daft.
I won't be marking up any prices... they'll be sold for the same amount as they were initially.