Audrey Kawasaki Thread

General art-related discussion.
d3ny
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 pm

I really dont understand deep waters at all...
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 pm

I love Kawasaki, but to me both of these are... meh.
DarthHippie
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:27 pm

wizdom wrote:Deep Waters is nice. The other one...meh.
This, but the opposite.
Audrey Kawasaki wrote:Limited Editions tend to sell out quickly.
This made me laugh... Instantly would have been better.

Kinda bummed, they are now shipping everything tubed. I don't know why, but I liked the flat shipping.
aldo
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:34 pm

DarthHippie wrote:
wizdom wrote:Deep Waters is nice. The other one...meh.
This, but the opposite.
Audrey Kawasaki wrote:Limited Editions tend to sell out quickly.
This made me laugh... Instantly would have been better.

Kinda bummed, they are now shipping everything tubed. I don't know why, but I liked the flat shipping.
I don't like how they give you the option to pick up the framed one, but not unframed. I'm local either way?
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Celsius wrote:How the hell did Forget Me Not lose on the polls again? :?
The ''People are drymounting idiots'' thingy.. Yeah, insert it here.

Never had such a lack of excitement for an AK release. And it's not only one print, it's 2 prints and 1 limited + 1 time release.. There should be a little bit for everyone.. But no.
I'm totally bitter.
2nd favorite was picked for the Hong-Kong event exclusive which I couldn't find a PB for. drymount me. :hanging:
Last edited by tranito on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
d3ny
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:40 pm

tranito wrote:
Celsius wrote:How the hell did Forget Me Not lose on the polls again? :?
The ''People are drymounting idiots'' thingy.. Yeah, insert it here.

Never had such a lack of excitement for an AK release. And it's not only one print, it's 2 prints and 1 limited + 1 time release.. There should be a little bit for everyone.. But no.
I'm totally bitter.
Can't really blame anyone, it's just the type of stuff she put out for her last show. she'll probably do something completely different in the next art show and kill it =)
aldo
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:42 pm

tranito wrote: I'm totally bitter.
2nd favorite was picked for the Hong-Kong event exclusive which I couldn't find a PB for. drymount me. :hanging:
You should have said something. There were a stack of them available at the Branded Arts Block Party a month back here in L.A.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:44 pm

aldo wrote:
You should have said something. There were a stack of them available at the Branded Arts Block Party a month back here in L.A.
I thought hijacking the actual release discussion thread of the print counted for saying something.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=102127
But thanks for twisting the knife in the wound.
Last edited by tranito on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
d3ny
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:46 pm

tranito wrote:
aldo wrote:
I thought highjacking the actual release discussion thread of the print counted for saying something.
You should have put up a thread in the ISO.

aldo and Celsius was there PBing for me. thanks guys for the help <3
aldo
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:47 pm

tranito wrote:
aldo wrote:
I thought highjacking the actual release discussion thread of the print counted for saying something.
Sorry :( I would have grabbed one for you if I knew. I thought it was HK only too until I saw them there on the table.
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:48 pm

aldo wrote:I don't like how they give you the option to pick up the framed one, but not unframed. I'm local either way?
Probably because they'd rather not deal with a ton paper collectors in person. :wink:

Plus having the few who pay for the framed versions to come and get them is much more convenient for Audrey's peeps because then they don't have to deal with packing and shipping those. Not to mention the fact that I bet they got a bunch of complaints about having to pay $25 or more for s/h the framed prints, when they're right in LA.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:51 pm

aldo wrote:
tranito wrote:
aldo wrote:
Sorry :( I would have grabbed one for you if I knew. I thought it was HK only too until I saw them there on the table.
I appreciate the good intentions. I wish she would have bothered to send a little heads-up through her mailing list or something.. Oh well.. Surprise, surprise..
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 am

TheThirdEye wrote:I love Kawasaki, but to me both of these are... meh.
i'm right there with you
Lomier66
Art Expert

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 am

piratesprayer wrote:Deep waters is nice but I can't get past the retarded look she has on her face with her tongue out.
Same for me. Easy pass on both, which is a shame when such a strong image was in the running
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
endlessmike
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:42 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed. I think I'll save my money for something else.