Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:29 am

file_747778_Bvelvet2.jpg
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:58 am

Greyvvolf wrote:So stoked right now! I didn't think I would be able to acquire a piece from Olly's 'Paper Cut' show. This one is called 'Last One Alive, Lock the Door' and it's from the PC video game Team Fortress 2. This is the Soldier. One thing to note is that there is two teams in TF2; RED (Reliable Excavation Demolition) and BLU (Builders League United). Since I can't tell which color this is, I'm going to say this is the superior RED team. :lol: The image is so clean and almost looks like it was printed. Sorry in advance if the image is too big.
Congrats! I know nothing about Team Fortress, but Olly did three of the characters for the Paper Cuts show. Nice score.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:19 am

middayshadows wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Guessing between the space and him not having anything (besides I Hate Mondos) they didn't need the table this year.
Is this really confirmed, that he won't have anything besides the I Hate Mondays?
I don't think it's confirmed, but at this point he hasn't mentioned anything else. Him not having a table makes it unlikely.

Mondo themselves might have the Die Hard reg though; but that's just an assumption.
charter
Art Expert

Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Die Hard reg lol
Greyvvolf
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:16 pm

middayshadows wrote:
Greyvvolf wrote:So stoked right now! I didn't think I would be able to acquire a piece from Olly's 'Paper Cut' show. This one is called 'Last One Alive, Lock the Door' and it's from the PC video game Team Fortress 2. This is the Soldier. One thing to note is that there is two teams in TF2; RED (Reliable Excavation Demolition) and BLU (Builders League United). Since I can't tell which color this is, I'm going to say this is the superior RED team. :lol: The image is so clean and almost looks like it was printed. Sorry in advance if the image is too big.
Congrats! I know nothing about Team Fortress, but Olly did three of the characters for the Paper Cuts show. Nice score.
Thanks. TF2 is primarily played on PC and it’s constantly updated, unlike the console versions. It wasn’t until I bought a laptop that I was able to play it. I can see how not a lot of people have heard about it. It was also released 10 years ago so it’s been around for a long time.

So there’s two other TF2 characters that Olly did a paper cut for? Or did I misread that?
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Greyvvolf wrote: Thanks. TF2 is primarily played on PC and it’s constantly updated, unlike the console versions. It wasn’t until I bought a laptop that I was able to play it. I can see how not a lot of people have heard about it. It was also released 10 years ago so it’s been around for a long time.

So there’s two other TF2 characters that Olly did a paper cut for? Or did I misread that?
Cool. Nah, I'm sure it's well-known, I'm just not game-literate.

No you read it right, there are two others unless I'm confusing them with something else. I was at the show, I'll dig up some pics.
iwokeinrelief wrote:
middayshadows wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Guessing between the space and him not having anything (besides I Hate Mondos) they didn't need the table this year.
Is this really confirmed, that he won't have anything besides the I Hate Mondays?
I don't think it's confirmed, but at this point he hasn't mentioned anything else. Him not having a table makes it unlikely.

Mondo themselves might have the Die Hard reg though; but that's just an assumption.
Die Hard reg would be my guess. They went through all the time and the trouble of approvals after all.

His Ghiblis all got English-titled regs. Zelda and Mario did not, but those weren't Mondo releases.
Greyvvolf
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:15 pm

middayshadows wrote:
Greyvvolf wrote: Thanks. TF2 is primarily played on PC and it’s constantly updated, unlike the console versions. It wasn’t until I bought a laptop that I was able to play it. I can see how not a lot of people have heard about it. It was also released 10 years ago so it’s been around for a long time.

Cool. Nah, I'm sure it's well-known, I'm just not game-literate.

No you read it right, there are two others unless I'm confusing them with something else. I was at the show, I'll dig up some pics.
Alright, sounds good. It’ll be interesting to see what other two classes he did.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:20 am

finneganm wrote:I bought em. I’ll let you know how terrible they are when they land
They’re not that good. I mean they’re 25 bucks, but most came with some hard folds.
That's what she said
patquelly
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Yeah, mine are pretty bent. I think I might try to return them.
BackToTheFutureFan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:07 pm

Doesn't feel like a screen print either. Looks like a photocopy.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:13 pm

Were they supposed to be screenprints? Seemed like they were just gonna be lithos on cardstock (at best).
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 pm

The DB shows them as giclees, and the DB's never wrong. :shock: lol. But yeah, definitely not screen prints.
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:09 am

Something something TGT.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 am

Even calling them a giclee is probably being too generous for the shitty quality of the prints.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 am

C'mon, what did you guys think you were gonna get? Posters had Spencer's black light room written all over them.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.