DRIVE poster by James White

General art-related discussion.
robped

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:18 am

Got both versions over the past week, the 22x28 was a little damaged but the 24x36 was sweet. It didn't feel right seeing copies made available again this week, what with the 30 to 150 fiasco and all that. If it were me I would have honoured the folks who had orginally ordered it, accepted cancellations and if that left me with surplus stock I'd have kept them for damaged returns only. Just my humble opinion.
bert
Art Expert

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:26 am

bert wrote:Waiting for my 24 x 36 in the UK - I'm not hopeful it's going to make it over the pond in good shape after reading through the last few pages :(
I just heard my doorbell ring - it was the postman with a tube from Merchline. The tube was thick and strong and the poster was packed really well for me - rolled with enough craft paper and also some foamy type stuff to protect it. End result is I have a 24 x 36 print that is in minty condition and I'm really, really pleased! It looks stunning and I think it's the best poster for a film which I hugely enjoyed, so I'm very happy. Thanks a lot James, I look forward to future releases.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:50 am

kryptonite wrote:James, have you considered paying the extra bit for Yazoo tubes so the remaining posters arrive safely? I'm not sure why the green light has been given to Merchline to still use these shotty tubes - they really do have no idea what they're doing. If it helps...I can take a 30 second video showing how to properly package a print. It's very simple; just requires a piece of large Kraft paper, a strong tube, and taped cap ends. That's it. My print arrived in a dented ~2 inch white tube with some weird piece of foam half the size of the print and a Kraft paper band around it; no idea why as neither of these serve a purpose. Very confused as to why this is happening with the 24x36" prints as it seems the majority of the 22x28" prints arrived damage.

Using an honest member like Billy wouldn't actually be a bad idea - that is, if he learns to ship a print without forty pieces of tape :lol: Personally, I think it's taking a gamble...again, on a company not familiar with this. If by "close to D&L" it means, D&L has referred them; that's a different story. If it means purely location...well...
I would be happy to help you out, James. Seriously.

You've already got my contact info. :)
GentleTrouble
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm having the same luck here as virtualmert unfortunately…
What to do now? Contact Merchline? I'm sure they are all gone by now. :(
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:30 pm

GentleTrouble wrote:I'm having the same luck here as virtualmert unfortunately…
Gentle, if you haven't yet already, contact Merchline; support@merchline.com. Provide them the same images shown here, but also include an image of your print number. It would also be good to provide your transaction ID from the original purchase. They should be able to work with you to get this sorted. That could mean a replacement or a refund. Can't say which, for sure.

If for any reason someone from Merchline gets your inquiry and pushes back (which they shouldn't, they should all know the drill regarding this release), contact James through here. He's become very active lately and will get things sorted.

Best of luck.
theartofmovieposters
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Well I must have done something to please the poster gods this month.

My 24x36 arrived today. Tube in tact and the print is perfect.

Beautiful poster too. Glad I got the large one!
GlockEH
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:27 am

theartofmovieposters wrote:Well I must have done something to please the poster gods this month.

My 24x36 arrived today. Tube in tact and the print is perfect.

Beautiful poster too. Glad I got the large one!
This bodes well for me then..I hope.
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Sorry man, just getting caught up on things now.

Yes, the info that Billy posted above is correct. Drop Merchline a note if you haven't already, with the photos attached and they will remedy the situation.

Real disappointing to see what happened with your order. We'll get it fixed up.
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
GentleTrouble
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Signalnoise wrote:
Sorry man, just getting caught up on things now.

Yes, the info that Billy posted above is correct. Drop Merchline a note if you haven't already, with the photos attached and they will remedy the situation.

Real disappointing to see what happened with your order. We'll get it fixed up.
Merchline replied super fast. I appreciate the extra steps you're taking on this drops (I'm pretty sure everyone does) - it really speaks to your character and work ethic.
I just can't wait to get this biatch finally framed and in my office!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Hey James, any updates on First Blood?
GlockEH
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:21 am

Staying up to 4am paid off, my poster arrived today perfectly intact. Now on to my first framing!

Thank you James for a glorious first poster drop. :notworthy:
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:51 am

GentleTrouble wrote:Merchline replied super fast. I appreciate the extra steps you're taking on this drops (I'm pretty sure everyone does) - it really speaks to your character and work ethic.
I just can't wait to get this biatch finally framed and in my office!
Thanks man. Just want to ensure people are happy with their purchases.
Darkknight37 wrote:Hey James, any updates on First Blood?
Almost. Something popped up just before we inked the deal, so it needed to be dealt with before we moved into production at DL. Delayed things a tiny bit, but these things happen. Sounds like we'll be ready to proceed is week. Meantime I've been messing with FIRST BLOOD variant options. I made a crack about a "burlap variant" a few pages back, still think that would be awesome.

Also been finishing up work on yet another poster.Been working on this latest one for the past 2 weeks.
GlockEH wrote:Staying up to 4am paid off, my poster arrived today perfectly intact. Now on to my first framing!

Thank you James for a glorious first poster drop. :notworthy:
Thanks man, pumped to hear your poster arrived safely. Not sure I'd use the word "glorious" when describing this drop. :)
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
kryptonite
Art Expert

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:38 am

Only took them a week to realize they were overselling :roll:

Hello, and thank you for your recent order with a Merchline-powered storefront.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we are out of stock of the Signalnoise 'Drive' poster 22" x 28". Because this is a limited run of posters, there will not be any more available. You have been fully refunded for the Small 'Drive' Print in your Order ######. The refund was placed on the Paypal Account used to make the purchase. Please allow up to 48 hours for the refund to reflect in your account.

The Large 'Drive' Print - 24" x 36" will ship today. You will receive another email the moment that it does.

Sorry again for any confusion or inconvenience. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Leah

Merchline.com Customer Support
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/merchline
/// Please include all previous correspondences within emails. Thanks! \\\
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:33 pm

You wanted the 22x28 also? Or were you doing an experiment?
kryptonite
Art Expert

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:34 pm

iambillyg wrote:You wanted the 22x28 also? Or were you doing an experiment?
Lol no, it went back up a few days ago so I purchased it. I'm assuming they ran out shipping out replacements :roll: