DRIVE poster by James White

General art-related discussion.
Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:32 pm

tranito wrote:Not sure why this has become the new trend, but it's such a pain. It's much easier to access information when each poster has its own thread.
For example, someone who would like to have info on the new Rambo would have (for example, the timing ain't perfect here), to dig through countless pages of : ''my Drive poster arrived damaged''.. I hate that. Let's be more specific.
Agreed. That something I should set up, or a moderator?

If me, which forum would be best? Here in the Art Discussion or elsewhere?

Can ya tell I haven't used a forum since 2006? :P
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Signalnoise wrote:
tranito wrote:Not sure why this has become the new trend, but it's such a pain. It's much easier to access information when each poster has its own thread.
For example, someone who would like to have info on the new Rambo would have (for example, the timing ain't perfect here), to dig through countless pages of : ''my Drive poster arrived damaged''.. I hate that. Let's be more specific.
Agreed. That something I should set up, or a moderator?

If me, which forum would be best? Here in the Art Discussion or elsewhere?

Can ya tell I haven't used a forum since 2006? :P
Anybody can submit ''New Art'', but of course since you enjoy being a part of the community, the artist himself is better and will ensure the info regarding the poster is as complete as possible and exact.

''My Page'' --> On the left under Member Info --> ''Add Art''

A mod will go through it to accept it (time will vary), and then it will automatically create a thread to discuss the art and a release discussion to discuss, well obviously anything related to that.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:21 pm

tranito wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:Just do an official "Signalnoise: The Art of James White" thread. I'm pretty sure James isn't going anywhere. Congrats on locking down Rambo man. You should do FBPII motion stickers with the exploding soldier on em.
Not sure why this has become the new trend, but it's such a pain. It's much easier to access information when each poster has its own thread.
Well yeah dude each poster should be entered into the db and have it's own comments / release thread but if an artist is willing to wade through this swamp they should also have an official thread. That's the place for pre-release process pics and general bullshitting. I can think of at least one other artist around here who does that and it works just fine 8)
wmd
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Just skip to the final 12 seconds or so.

Signalnoise
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:42 pm

wmd wrote:Just skip to the final 12 seconds or so.

Haha, yeah I saw that this morning. Total surprise.
James White • Artist and Designer
Signalnoise Studio
WebTwitterInstagram
FloB
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Remaining Drive Posters from James personal archive are on sale https://signalnoise.bigcartel.com/produ ... A-uZdFtuBM
Price is in CAD$