The Black Keys

General art-related discussion.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:14 pm

That's weird. It's a "Your package is on the way" email from paypal that was sent 12 days ago. There was a tracking number but when I click on it I only get the "Electronic Shipping Info sent" message. I guess I'm not worried anymore if you all just got an email a couple days ago. Thanks for the reply!
ImageImage
smokey289
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:42 pm

First time for a Stout Lottery for me, guess I better cross all fingers/toes
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:43 pm

smokey289 wrote:First time for a Stout Lottery for me, guess I better cross all fingers/toes
I've been picked for his gig poster lottos pretty often, compared to NEVER for his movie posters.
nowhitespace
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Man, for once in a really long time, prints have gotten me into a new band (well, new to me). I have been shrugging them off for the past 2 years, but this weekend I downloaded their entire discography and gave their evolution as a band a good hard listen, and man they're incredible. We need more great new rock n roll like this. I cant wait to go see them next month. I hear they play a lot of the same songs night in night out. I'm going to check that to verify. If they mix it up a good bit, I'd be willing to hit the road and see these guys in different venues. Just as much as seeing a new to me band, I also like seeing new to me venues. Ive been to well over 1k shows in my concert life but still have a ton of venues on my bucket list. Its been forever since a band like this got me excited about music again. Gear stuff!!

Any word on print artists for the USA dates. WHose hitting up any of these shows. For anyone hitting up shows that I am not at, I'd love to find a poster buddy to help each other out. PM me if interested in doing this. I'm def in for 2 shows, and am looking at another 2-3.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:13 pm

I just read an article where Dan mentions that the setlists have been pretty static because they are getting use to be an arena band that plays for 90 minutes. They use to barely crack an hour!! But there was a comment that they are looking to mix it up in the future and highlighted their headlining shows at Coachella both weekends having unique setlist picks.

As for right now, you are going to get a Brothers and El Camino dominated setlist, but the middle portion of shows where the band leaves and its just Dan and Pat up there those songs can be anything. They kill live though, and are a ton of fun to sing along and rock out. Dan is one of the best guitarists out there right now IMO. I'm stoked that more and more people are getting into them, I just hope they dont forget all their pre-Brothers material with this success but I have faith since they are pretty down to earth dudes.

I'll be at Coachella weekend 1, and they had a poster specific to when they played in 2011 so I look forward to picking up whatever it is. Hopefully its not a big effort to grab some stuff as it was a bit of rush last year.
nowhitespace
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 pm

To give an idea as to the last band I have this interested in was 90s with Phish. They brought back a lot of old school stuff to classic rock and rock n roll, that I felt was missing from everything else coming out at that time. Although I hate to compare any bands to Phish, mostly because they dont stack up, I see the Black Keys as similar to Phish in that notion. That says a lot for me. I'm stoked to see their upcoming Coachella and Colorado shows. I'm going to wait and see if I want to see them after that. I love the Brothers and El Camino albums and would like to see those songs played, but also some older stuff for sure. Good to see them realizing this and making some changes. They'll like the response 110% imo. So here's to waiting until later this month to see what they have for their sets/shows. Cant wait!!
ihaveabadmonkey
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 am

nowhitespace wrote:To give an idea as to the last band I have this interested in was 90s with Phish. They brought back a lot of old school stuff to classic rock and rock n roll, that I felt was missing from everything else coming out at that time. Although I hate to compare any bands to Phish, mostly because they dont stack up, I see the Black Keys as similar to Phish in that notion. That says a lot for me. I'm stoked to see their upcoming Coachella and Colorado shows. I'm going to wait and see if I want to see them after that. I love the Brothers and El Camino albums and would like to see those songs played, but also some older stuff for sure. Good to see them realizing this and making some changes. They'll like the response 110% imo. So here's to waiting until later this month to see what they have for their sets/shows. Cant wait!!

check out setlist(dot)fm and just search the black keys. It gives the set list for every show on this tour. I saw them both time at MSG and they played the same exact set.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Same sets but they tweak the songs differently each time. It's actually pretty neat to hear different renditions of the songs.
That said, I can't wait for the AC show. Different venue, way smaller than an arena and the seats are more orchestra type. I'm expecting a show like they would've played a couple years ago with a totally different setlist. A nice bonus would be a sexy poster
ImageImage
jools
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 pm

yay - scored a Stout - 2for2 in Tyler's lotteries for gigposters - awesomesauce
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:58 pm

^^congrats!^^
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:05 pm

jools wrote:yay - scored a Stout - 2for2 in Tyler's lotteries for gigposters - awesomesauce
grats
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:18 pm

jools wrote:yay - scored a Stout - 2for2 in Tyler's lotteries for gigposters - awesomesauce
Congrats. Did emails just hit?
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
jools
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:22 pm

bout half an hour ago
just got my Crosshair BK today too - so a good day allround :pint:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Matching #s 303 landed in the 303.
Same fudge, different drop.
andrewpiro
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Anybody at Coachella want to PB for me and grab a Kevin Tong Black Keys?