New Banksy Print

General art-related discussion.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:41 am

Most of the people posting on eb today have never heard of PoW. Without the bump here, they would still be oblivious to it. Who gives a fudge.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 am

No Baby Driver prints. fudge site.
That's what she said
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:45 am

finneganm wrote:No Baby Driver prints. fudge site.
Is that the new bill murray flick?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:47 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:

Saw baby driver the other day, it was fantastic.
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:49 am

soupysound wrote:
BB8 wrote:Oh please, stop acting like stuck up high brow turds. Who cares if he never heard of POW.
lol @ high brow. POW is somewhat relevant in a banksy thread. but the reaction proves precisely my point for EBers...
People come here to discuss things they know about and to learn about new things they don't know about. Everyone is doing just fine in here without you shitting on people. Whatever "point" you're making about what you think of ebers is negated by the fact that you're the only one here being negative. I rather have 100 clueless noobs in here than one dick who thinks he is better than everyone.
Last edited by BB8 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:50 am

soupysound wrote:
BB8 wrote:Oh please, stop acting like stuck up high brow turds. Who cares if he never heard of POW.
lol @ high brow. POW is somewhat relevant in a banksy thread. but the reaction proves precisely my point for EBers...
I don't collect street art, but I am interested in and appreciate Banksy and Invader and a few others. Don't own anything by either, but I do read the dedicated threads about them.

Not being familiar with the gallery, and being surprised that they "found" a stack of prints on a shelf for arguably the most popular artist in the world elicited me questioning the legitimacy of the lotto.

I'm sure you're a super sophisticated collector and have a million dollar collection . . . good for you. Sorry I offended. :roll:
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 am

BB8 wrote:
soupysound wrote:
People come here to discuss things they know about and to learn about new flips they don't know about.
fixed
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 am

soam24 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:

Saw baby driver the other day, it was fantastic.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. My biggest issue with the flick is the love story. Its the crux of the story and it just doesn't work on any level IMO. The soundtrack and action sequences are drymounting spectacular. Edgar Wright also made me enjoy Jamie Foxx which I didn't think was possible.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:55 am

Even Banksy is doing the #doyle now.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:55 am

$20 shipped for 3 Dismaland tee's not a bad deal.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Codeblue wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:As they state on the site..... Demand for this print is likely to be oversubscribed so we are operating a lottery system. Various security measures will be in place to ensure they go to good homes. Register your interest here...... Their first step would be most likely look to see who has ordered from them before. That should eliminate a lot. Then where they go from there to ensure not flipped and to a real fan, would be interesting to know how.
Luls.

P. S. I was wondering what it would take to get jojo to check back in.
Luls.... you're slipping Blue
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm

samuraiwriter wrote:No talk of the new Banksy print lottery on the soon to be shuttered POW?
:tumbleweed:
http://picturesonwalls.com/Home.asp

Good Luck!
Lets bump this link to the new page since some folks decided to full the thread with nonsense.
cerebus
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Pissed I missed on the soup cans. :(
butter80
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:19 pm

cerebus wrote:Pissed I missed on the soup cans. :(
Wouldn't be suprised if more went back up.
Will be interesting to follow.
Karma is coming Monkey boy! watch yourself...
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:25 pm

All banter aside, POW closing up shop is pretty big news. They introduced me to so many artists over the years, including Banksy, Invader, Paul Insect, etc... Hats off to them. I wonder what is next, if anything?