New Banksy Print

General art-related discussion.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Lack of PC COA is not going to stop someone from listing one for sale.
soupysound
EB Team

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:51 pm

:spocth2:
I have ‘won’ the Banksy print, and I didn’t have enough money on my card on my card so I sent the link to my dad to checkout, and he has paid already. He, of course, has a different name to me (who entered the raffle). Do you think that this will make a difference when shipping it out? All of the billing/shipping details were correct.

I’m only 15 and as such haven’t even got the £500 needed to get a print at this price. I hope POW can sort through those that ‘deserve’ it and those who don’t fairly.
watersbrad
Art Expert

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:53 pm

spagucci1 wrote:Lack of PC COA is not going to stop someone from listing one for sale.
But lack of a COA will negatively effect the final price while excluding many potential buyers whom 'require' a COA.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 pm

soupysound wrote::spocth2:
I have ‘won’ the Banksy print, and I didn’t have enough money on my card on my card so I sent the link to my dad to checkout, and he has paid already. He, of course, has a different name to me (who entered the raffle). Do you think that this will make a difference when shipping it out? All of the billing/shipping details were correct.

I’m only 15 and as such haven’t even got the £500 needed to get a print at this price. I hope POW can sort through those that ‘deserve’ it and those who don’t fairly.
Duke's college is paid!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nikkyboy
New User

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Codeblue wrote:

Duke's college is paid!
lol this was me on another forum, frankly i'm ecstatic to have won and will be keeping this for the next few years,
although it is nice to know that when the time comes, i've practically paid off my student loans with £500 8)
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:20 pm

The other thing to consider is, if you buy this print on the secondary market (after getting the COA from the original owner in 2019) and then ask PC to update the name of the registered owner, who knows if they will decline the request for this particular release. This was a special release in that they specifically wanted these to go to "good homes."

Delaying the release of the COA until 2019 might just be one of the ways in which they are curbing secondary sales, at least in the short run.

Folks can try to sell this prior to receiving a COA, but if PC catches wind of it, they might never issue a COA to those sellers. Hard to tell, given the nature/context of this sale.

Good luck. :pint:
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Codeblue wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:No one would be silly enough to sell on ebay (or publicly, for that matter) without the PC cert. If PC somehow tracks them down, they will not want to send them the paperwork.

For any noobs that scored: you are welcome.
Luls. There's gonna be some nubs who can't front that kinda dough for dat long. Not everyone is rich uncle bulky.
Credit card interest charges are real! Hahaha
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:27 pm

nikkyboy wrote:
Codeblue wrote:

Duke's college is paid!
lol this was me on another forum, frankly i'm ecstatic to have won and will be keeping this for the next few years,
although it is nice to know that when the time comes, i've practically paid off my student loans with £500 8)
fudge what did you drop out after half a semester?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30 pm

If ya'd gone to college that joke might not have gone over yer head.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30 pm

I wasn't talking to you.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:59 pm

canuck wrote:I wasn't talking to you Duchess!
Fixed.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 pm

canuck, you sort of missed the point lolol
So it goes...
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:37 pm

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
mfaith