great to see Banksy x AMEX finally working together :P
:lol:
"I can't believe you morons actually put this fudge on credit"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2018 4:00 pm

heading up this wknd to see the existing piece and will definitely be there for the opening
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm

The Artwork Was Rejected. Then Banksy Put His Name to It.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/arts ... ition.html
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
noweyesee
Art Expert

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 am

Most commentators on Banksy’s Instagram post were supportive, but some said the committee had made the correct decision in rejecting the work first time round. “Let’s be honest, Banksy,” reads one comment: “This is a weak piece devoid of the trademarks for which you’ve become known. Submitting under a fake name allowed the judge to evaluate without the weight of your reputation and he made the right call.” The commenter added the hashtag #YouCanDoBetter.
I feel like there’s some truth to this.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:05 pm

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:00 pm

another new one?

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
noweyesee
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:23 pm

I could be wrong, but doesn’t really look like his style. The shadows look off and his balloons look nicer these days
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:37 pm

could be right. normally more contrast as well.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:56 am

Fake Banksy Walled Off Box Set warning: if you happen to have a bid on one of these listings, withdraw it. This dude in LA has been selling fake box sets with photocopied receipts and has been using multiple accounts/usernames sell fake "Ikea" sets for months now.

eBay 173401015962

eBay 173401008277

If you've bought a box set from bonjour_atelier, atelier1983, art_lab_la, artlab85, or nightvision8 (all the same thief), get your money back. The short story is that he's been molding his own stones, throwing them in Ikea frames, and selling them with fake photocopies of the same couple of receipts. He changes his username whenever he gets called out. The long story's here at UAA: http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/1 ... on-box-set
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 am

that UAA thread is unbearable to read
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 am

soupysound wrote:UAA is unbearable to read
FTFY
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:14 am

All those UAA folk deserve to get scammed. What a bunch of entitled blockheads. Yikes.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:19 am

(Google translate from Ukrainian Russian (edit: I had a couple of site open, turns the one I copied this from was in Russian))
Banksy's trace in Kiev: the metropolitan electric station was painted by the world-famous anonymous author
After the concert of the Massive Attack group, the graffiti signed by Banksy appeared on the metro electric station.

According to rumors, the frontman of Massive Attack Robert Del Nye and is Banksy - his graffiti sometimes appear in places where the group concerts are held.

Graffiti appeared near the gas station TOKA on the street. Naberezhno-Khreschatytska Street.

On the wall near the electric station, the artist painted a two-headed vulture, in which, instead of the heads, there were refueling pistols. At the same gas station appeared a mouse - a traditional hero of Banksy's drawings.

If this is not a fake, then now this wall costs $ 1,000,000 , - wrote about the graffiti co-founder TOKA Stanislav Lutskovich.

Another image on Facebook (here):

Doesn't look like the man's work to me.
fribhey
Art Expert

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:42 am

bubbie wrote:(Google translate from Ukrainian Russian (edit: I had a couple of site open, turns the one I copied this from was in Russian))
Banksy's trace in Kiev: the metropolitan electric station was painted by the world-famous anonymous author
After the concert of the Massive Attack group, the graffiti signed by Banksy appeared on the metro electric station.

According to rumors, the frontman of Massive Attack Robert Del Nye and is Banksy - his graffiti sometimes appear in places where the group concerts are held.

Graffiti appeared near the gas station TOKA on the street. Naberezhno-Khreschatytska Street.

On the wall near the electric station, the artist painted a two-headed vulture, in which, instead of the heads, there were refueling pistols. At the same gas station appeared a mouse - a traditional hero of Banksy's drawings.

If this is not a fake, then now this wall costs $ 1,000,000 , - wrote about the graffiti co-founder TOKA Stanislav Lutskovich.

Another image on Facebook (here):

Doesn't look like the man's work to me.
Nope. He also doesn’t sign his street pieces anymore, and hasn’t for a long time