The Acme Archives/Specialty Art & Ltd. Art Gallery Thread

General art-related discussion.
mike123230
Art Expert

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:39 am

For sale @ acme specialty or the regular site?
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:02 pm

i saw this and was thinking about picking it up, but i am reconsidering. I have not been blown away by the printing for the Acme prints. I bought Nightmare and Animal and they both just feel a bit washed out. Same complaint others have made, no pop.
Celsius
Flipper

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm

mike123230 wrote:For sale @ acme specialty or the regular site?
Neither. It'll be here: http://darkinkart.com/

maddoghoek100 wrote:i saw this and was thinking about picking it up, but i am reconsidering. I have not been blown away by the printing for the Acme prints. I bought Nightmare and Animal and they both just feel a bit washed out. Same complaint others have made, no pop.
Hmmm. Both this and the others are done by "DL Screenprinting." I wonder if it's the same as "D & L Screenprinting." Or maybe it's not a typo.
Last edited by Celsius on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 pm

How many drymounting sites do they have now?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Celsius wrote: Hmmm. Both this and the others are done by "DL Screenprinting." I wonder if it's the same as "D & L Screenprinting." Or maybe it's not a typo.

I know D&L is based out of Seattle, so it wouldnt be too big of a stretch to think that Ltd. Gallery (located in Seattle) uses them for printing. Idk about Acme though
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
Celsius
Flipper

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Acme Archives Ltd. Press Release wrote:Burbank - ACME ARCHIVES is proud to announce the launch of its newest brand
DARK INK.”

Evolving from Acme’s Specialty Art Group, DARK INK builds on Acme’s success with officially licensed, limited edition, silk screens and other specialty releases. Acme’s silk screen market with price points in the $50 to $75 range has seen wild growth necessitating its own branding and presence in the marketplace,”
says Acme’s Creative Director Chris Jackson.

“Dark Ink is something we began planning in early 2008 and has finally come to the forefront in a big way.” Acme’s experience with its hugely successful Disney Underground line, its Family Guy C.R.A.P. Series and exhibitions and its work on the popular Star Wars Visions book with Lucasfilm and Abrams of NY set the perfect foundation for the new brand.

“Dark Ink will focus on the silk screen process of fine art reproductions all hand signed by today’s hottest artist and each an individually numbered and certified piece.” continues Chris.
Look forward to art from artists such as Dave Perillo, Michael De Pippo, Stephan Martiniere, Peter Ferk, Steve Thomas, and Joshua Budich among the bunch working on pieces from Alice in Wonderland, Alien and Aliens, This Simpsons, Family Guy, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Young Frankenstein, The Big Lebowski and other fan favorites.

Dark Ink is a registered brand of Acme Archives of Burbank California.
Acme is an official licensee of various entertainment companies providing property based fine artwork to galleries, museums, exhibitions and promotional events world wide.
There is also a preview of an upcoming band leader Mickey screen print. Looks awesome.

Additionally, tomorrow`s Alice in Wonderland release is only going to be $50 ----NOT $60 as indicated earlier :clap:
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

Celsius
Flipper

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 am

Got my Perillo alice in wonderland today. Love the new tube. It has endcaps!

But, the way it was rolled. The kraft paper was on the inside as opposed to the outside? So it was like the poster was protecting the kraft paper.

With that said, the poster arrived mint and it looks great! Keep em' coming. Thanks for listening to feedback about the tubes too. Shipped quickly as well.

maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:29 am

how are the colors? washed out at all or bright
Celsius
Flipper

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 am

maddoghoek100 wrote:how are the colors? washed out at all or bright

See pic here: https://twitter.com/#!/Montygog/status/ ... 69/photo/1

Definitely not as bright as the jpeg here. It's definitely darker, but my sis thinks it looks good.

MeanJoe
New User

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:50 am

Got my copy of Alice via fedex today...Mint condition as well!!
GCGCAC
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Received my Alice today. Packed good (reversed paper for some reason, but other then that it was good--and there is nothing wrong with the reversed Kraft paper)
AND Poster looks REALLY good!
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 pm

GCGCAC wrote:Received my Alice today. Packed good (reversed paper for some reason, but other then that it was good--and there is nothing wrong with the reversed Kraft paper)
Ditto. Wtf. Last time I checked you wrap the craft paper around the print and not the print around the craft paper.

:hanging:
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Celsius wrote:
maddoghoek100 wrote:how are the colors? washed out at all or bright

See pic here: https://twitter.com/#!/Montygog/status/ ... 69/photo/1

Definitely not as bright as the jpeg here. It's definitely darker, but my sis thinks it looks good.
The blue and pink are bright. The yellow is quite dull.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
MeanJoe
New User

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:11 pm

GCGCAC wrote:Received my Alice today. Packed good (reversed paper for some reason, but other then that it was good--and there is nothing wrong with the reversed Kraft paper)
I had no problem with the way it was wrapped...it arrived in perfect condition!!
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Ltd. Gallery just put up 5 more Perillo's Nightmare Before Christmas.
http://www.ltdartgallery.com/product/ni ... en-12-x-36

$50
Last edited by GatorsCanes on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED