New Flesh: News, Updates, & Freebies

General art-related discussion.
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 am

I always welcome another Metropolis print. Cant wait to see it.
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:48 pm

The prints are being cut down to 18' x 24' , signed, and numbered by N.E. He really did an outstanding job and the printing came out stellar.

Here's the final spec's:

1. 'Metropolis': Black, metallic silver, and light gray. Run of 15.

2. 'Metropolis' (Futura): Three shades of peacock blue. Run of 15.

3. 'Metropolis' (Moroder): Fire orange, pop blue, and violet. Run of 7.

Hi-res pictures will be up tonight and they go on sale tomorrow morning.

New Flesh - Web | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:49 am

More details and hi-res pictures. The 'Metropolis' prints go on sale today around 10:45AM CST at our 'Big Cartel' (http://bit.ly/vyQ45N).

If anyone ends up with all three, I'll make sure the numbers match. Also, all shipping will be done after Thanksgiving (US) that way nobody gets a tube sitting on their porch while they're on holiday.

'Metropolis'

You can really see the metallic silver here (the little specks that look like white spots are where it really glistens).

'Metropolis' (Futura Variant)

Another angle of these sexy blues.

'Metropolis (Moroder Variant)

This one is crazy, and I dig it so much.

BambooLounge
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:57 am

Love the colors on the Moroder, snagged one and cannot wait to see it in person.
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:58 am

BambooLounge wrote:Love the colors on the Moroder, snagged one and cannot wait to see it in person.
Awesome. You got the second to last one. :shock:
BambooLounge
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:12 pm

newflesh wrote:
BambooLounge wrote:Love the colors on the Moroder, snagged one and cannot wait to see it in person.
Awesome. You got the second to last one. :shock:

Now I just feel lucky. I thought I botched it by being too quick to checkout and forgetting to select my Country (had to do that).

Now we just need the variants entered into the EB database.
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 pm

BambooLounge wrote: Now I just feel lucky. I thought I botched it by being too quick to checkout and forgetting to select my Country (had to do that).

Now we just need the variants entered into the EB database.
Yeah, I entered them along with the main version. We're all sorts of last minute here, especially when it comes to posting up pictures. They're in the system and will probably pop up here some time: http://www.expressobeans.com/jump.php/art-detail/118590
rmoore wrote:Love those! Great job, man.
Thanks, Russ. I think posted it on your thread and on FB, but your splits came out amazing. I'm going to have to practice that! :notworthy:
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:33 am

Just some updates:

-First off, happy holidays to our friends state-side. Be safe in your travels!

-We've updated our international shipping to USPS First Class to save folks some money.

-We're packing up the tubes this weekend and they will be off to their homes starting Monday, November 28th.

-After having some suggestions, we've decided to start a very brief newsletter for those interested. It'll be direct updates, specifically when things are coming out (lower run variants, one-offs, and free stuff, et cetera). I'll let you know how to to get in on this soon.

-Party Time! Hexcellent! (http://www.partytimehexcellent.com/) has her new site up. We'll be doing some work with her which will be released in January.

LLTNF! :pint:
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:06 pm

December. :shock: Today marks our 47th day of being "open" (arbitrary, I know).

Movie Prints

The Blue Starlite Drive-in has posted up their schedule of movies (http://bit.ly/tpuU2Z).

We'll be at both showings: 'Edward Scissorhands' on December 10th, and 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' on December 23rd. I'm going to post the design of the ES print soon, and TNBC will be posted later. We're also going to be taking prints we still have available there so if anyone local wants to pick one up, they may do so without incurring shipping costs. We'll have a 'Square' (https://squareup.com/) device so we can accept cash and cards.

Art Prints

Now, the expansion. Our first art print is in the works and it will be with the Austin artist, Party Time! Hexcellent! (http://www.partytimehexcellent.com/ & @partytimehxlnt).

This is one of the drafts we were thinking about. Mind you this was all created using old school assembly code. I think its just gorgeous. :notworthy:

I'm also trying to talk her into printing out some of the code to go along with the eventual print.

Jon1701
Art Expert

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 pm

old skool awesome :drool:
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:59 am

Here is the design for our 'Edward Scissorhands' print. This is specifically for the December 10th screening at 'the Blue Starlite Drive-In' here in Austin, Texas.

:pint:

Jon1701
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:51 pm

:drool:
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Free stuff and you don't have to do anything to get it! This sounds like one of those "You might have already won!" I assure you that you don't have to buy any magazines though.

If you you've supported the shop (i.e. bought a print or taken us up on our free print offers) you'll be getting this small "thank you" item.

I wanted to keep this a secret, but I also don't want it to randomly get eaten by a dog or rabid mail man. Late next week we'll be sending you this small visitor. So keep an eye out for it some time near the middle or end of the month. :pint:
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 pm

newflesh wrote:Free stuff and you don't have to do anything to get it! This sounds like one of those "You might have already won!" I assure you that you don't have to buy any magazines though.

If you you've supported the shop (i.e. bought a print or taken us up on our free print offers) you'll be getting this small "thank you" item.

I wanted to keep this a secret, but I also don't want it to randomly get eaten by a dog or rabid mail man. Late next week we'll be sending you this small visitor. So keep an eye out for it some time near the middle or end of the month. :pint:
I'm proud that my 100th post is being used to thank Vince and his fine fuzzy friends at New Flesh for being so insanely cool!

Happy Holidays to you guys... and LLTNF!
:pint: