New Flesh: News, Updates, & Freebies

General art-related discussion.
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Short:
I really dig this forum, so I want to keep giving you updates and free things. This will be the thread for that. (Read the bottom for a free offer!)

Long:

How am I not myself?

Hi, EB, my name is Vince and I own/run this repugnant little shop known as New Flesh. We're based in Austin (yes, another one). I say "we" because there are several people that are involved in this project. I guess I'm kind of like the 'Metatron.' I've had the pleasure of talking with a few of you, and meeting some of you at Austin events. If you went to MMMIX, I was the nerd dressed up like George Romero. I was stupid excited, and generally like that most of time. If you've talked to "New Flesh" on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Fles ... 1559074515), Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/newfleshprints), or if you've had a message answered through our Big Cartel (http://newfleshprints.bigcartel.com/), or on here, then that was me.

New Flesh:

This was started just a couple of months ago. We now have a work space in East Austin and an office/dungeon/chicken ranch in North Austin. Our main medium is going to be paper screen prints, but we have also started working on shirts, stickers, and media dependent on the other artists. We also hold "guerrilla screenings" of movies in weird public places. The last two were on a roof. The next ones will be random.

Artists:

1. Right now our main artist is known as N.E., as he's done the handbill and poster designs (full size: http://www.newfleshprints.com)

Aside from N.E., I'm also working with other Austin/Texas-based artists.

2. One Austin artist that I'm really excited about is an ASM programmer who programs her own Nintendo games. We'll be making some prints for her gigs (she currently tours nationally at 8-bit festivals) and some art prints direct from visuals she coded. We're also going to be working alongside her installation releases, as she currently sets them up during the many art tours here in Austin and even within museum galleries. Think colorful blocks and nostalgic shapes.

3. Another Austin artist is a guy that has moved here from LA and will be working with us from manufacturing perspective. He has worked in set design and is a prop master (worked on some crazy fudge for the Sci-Fi channel). This will probably be the hardest thing that we are working on, and even harder to explain. The general idea is artistic items such as sculptures and even props inspired by film and television. When we do start making our art pieces with him, the fudge will be bananas.

4. Last but not least, we have some Austin street artists that we are working with. They are more elusive and will be releasing very limited edition runs of their stuff.

Free shiz:

We love to give stuff away. So, let's dedicate this rubber boat with a $5 bottle of Brut.

I'm going to fill a tube with each of our prints that we have left (official ones and extra APs) and handbills (even the rare variant 'Long Live the New Flesh' handbill) and we will ship it to you for free (in the US) or drop it off (if you live in Austin-proper). All someone has to do is 1. be a gentleman or lady and donate to the forum (at least $5), 2. not have won anything from us in the past, and 3. let me know on this thread AND PM once you do. Time code wins. Also don't lie, or we'll come at you like a chupacabra. 8)

Long live the new flesh!
New Flesh - Web | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
jayfl77
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:41 pm

I'll Jump in on this
I just donated $25 to EB
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:41 pm

jayfl77 wrote:I'll Jump in on this
I just donated $25 to EB
Cool dude. Just PM your address and it will be en route tomorrow!
fnord
Art Expert

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Welcome to the board, and nice giveaway.

Does the programmer have a site? Digital arts are something I feel like I should know more about than I do.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
bhutanpro
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Great update Vince, and a very nice giveaway!

Looking forward to more from New Flesh!

Cheers,
Bill
:pint:
trarex
Art Expert

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Thought I'd chime in.
I followed your guerrilla screening posts.
Sounds like you guys are having fun and producing some cool work.
Welcome and good luck. :pint:
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
Jon1701
Art Expert

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:39 pm

I know these guys...they're ok I suppose.

keeeding lol :heart: New Flesh
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:54 pm

fnord wrote:Welcome to the board, and nice giveaway.

Does the programmer have a site? Digital arts are something I feel like I should know more about than I do.
Speak of the devil. She has a very casual blog right now and goes by the name 'Party Time! Hexcellent!' (http://www.partytimehexcellent.com/).

Her visuals are epic in person. Working with her to apply her technique into prints is going to be fun. She has a lot of creative ideas and they are going to be amazing.

Video: http://youtu.be/duF1sU0SIt4
bhutanpro wrote:Great update Vince, and a very nice giveaway!

Looking forward to more from New Flesh!

Cheers,
Bill
Thanks, as always, Bill. :pint:
trarex wrote:Thought I'd chime in.
I followed your guerrilla screening posts.
Sounds like you guys are having fun and producing some cool work.
Welcome and good luck. :pint:
Awesome, thanks!

Perhaps we have a little too much fun. I think I get to enjoy it the most. Spending my days on Twitter and stalking this place while the others toil away. :twisted:
Jon1701 wrote:I know these guys...they're ok I suppose.

keeeding lol :heart: New Flesh
One day I'm going to hire you to be my own personal Justin Ishmael. You smooth, drymount.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:00 pm

I really dig what's going on here :pint:
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:05 pm

ironjaiden wrote:I really dig what's going on here :pint:

Your 'Videodrome' is hanging up in our shop at the moment, least to say a big fan of yours. :notworthy:
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Haven't been able to make it out to one of your screenings, but will soon. :pint:
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:27 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:Haven't been able to make it out to one of your screenings, but will soon. :pint:
Totally. Need more cool Austin print nerds there.
jayfl77
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks again for the freebies. As a pay it forward type deal, I will be creating a print giveaway soon. I really wish I was in Austin to come to some of the screenings but I'm stuck in Jacksonville for the next year or so. Plan to move to Austin though
newflesh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:14 pm

jayfl77 wrote:Thanks again for the freebies. As a pay it forward type deal, I will be creating a print giveaway soon. I really wish I was in Austin to come to some of the screenings but I'm stuck in Jacksonville for the next year or so. Plan to move to Austin though
Let us know when you get here. We'll get you drunk on beer and tacos. :pint:
fnord
Art Expert

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Drunk on tacos? Please elaborate as I have much to learn..
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E