Predator Poster

General art-related discussion.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:30 am

looks great! really like the latest additions!

great job!
karza
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 am

I dig it, can't wait for it to come out. it will look great next to ATB. :D
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:53 pm

ironjaiden wrote:MPAA ratings boxes didn't contain reasons for the rating in 1987.
Stay tuned for final imagery 8)
I see reasons in the rating box.
Does it say "This film contains some of the most awesome fudge you'll ever see on the big screen. Be warned." ????
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:13 pm

Right now it just says "No one under 17 admitted without..." but I'll change it to the Awesome fudge warning before it goes to print.
phips
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:33 pm

apologies but i think that Predator countdown at the top looks out of place and a bit bizarre...maybe its just me.
just trying to help if i can. :?
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:42 pm

phips wrote:apologies but i think that Predator countdown at the top looks out of place and a bit bizarre...maybe its just me.
Feedback is always welcome but I'm pretty sure this one is in the bag. The consensus among folks I sent the final version to is that the countdown in the tagline area is not only clever but balances the red at the bottom of the poster a bit.
Not everyone is going to love every element of the poster but I think Kevin did a phenomenal job with this one and I'm looking forward to printing it.
I'll let everyone know when it'll be out as soon as I do :)

Ps. Free sharpies to anyone who'd like elements removed from their poster.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:47 pm

phips wrote:apologies but i think that Predator countdown at the top looks out of place and a bit bizarre...maybe its just me.
I respectfully disagree! :wink:
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:10 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
Feedback is always welcome but I'm pretty sure this one is in the bag. The consensus among folks I sent the final version to is that the countdown in the tagline area is not only clever but balances the red at the bottom of the poster a bit.
Not everyone is going to love every element of the poster but I think Kevin did a phenomenal job with this one and I'm looking forward to printing it.
I'll let everyone know when it'll be out as soon as I do :)

Ps. Free sharpies to anyone who'd like elements removed from their poster.
Yup! This is more or less in the bag. Don't get me wrong though, feedback is very welcome (though I do think the countdown does add to it). Part of the reason why I posted the process in the first place was so people could give feedback early on and I can steer it to a better direction. There are things I'd never have noticed, and it makes me a better artist in the end. That said, I won't end up agreeing with some suggestions, or others are just a bit too impractical, but in the end I tried to make it the best I can. And I'm grateful for every constructive feedback, whether or not I acted on them or not. Not all elements will please everyone, but I hope the final image does the film enough justice :D Cuz there's a lot of awesome fudge to live up to in that movie.
Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:25 pm

This poster is awesome! Great job.

(My only suggestion would be to immediately start work on a companion Terminator print! :D )
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:29 pm

keefdotorg wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:"This film contains some of the most awesome fudge you'll ever see on the big screen. Be warned."
I think you should include this in the ratings box on your poster.
ironjaiden wrote:Right now it just says "No one under 17 admitted without..." but I'll change it to the Awesome fudge warning before it goes to print.
oh my god did i just influence the final art

oh my god i think i just creamed my jorts
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Loobaz wrote:This poster is awesome! Great job.

(My only suggestion would be to immediately start work on a companion Terminator print! :D )
I actually played with the idea of a companion alien design. :D
lastchild11
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:32 pm

skyloreang wrote:

:drool:
Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm

skyloreang wrote:

That was gonna be my other suggestion! :wink:
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Loobaz wrote:
skyloreang wrote:

That was gonna be my other suggestion! :wink:
Yah I thought it would make a good parallel. They both had one kick-ass hero, 6 doomed members and one of the meanest sci fi monster in movie history.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:51 pm

My one request there is that Ripley's drawn in her disco panties from the end of the movie. :drool: