Predator Poster

General art-related discussion.
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:08 pm

ironjaiden wrote:My one request there is that Ripley's drawn in her disco panties from the end of the movie. :drool:
THIS :clap:
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Rainbolt wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:My one request there is that Ripley's drawn in her disco panties from the end of the movie. :drool:
THIS :clap:
Jay's will be done 8) I'll have to pop in the movie and watch it again, but I do remember those snazzy disco wear :D
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:35 pm

skyloreang wrote:
Loobaz wrote:This poster is awesome! Great job.

(My only suggestion would be to immediately start work on a companion Terminator print! :D )
I actually played with the idea of a companion alien design. :D
Oh! Hell! Yeah!

An Alien, or better yet Aliens, companion print would kick soo much ass.

Game over man! Game over!
ironjaiden wrote: ...because I'm a 14 year old boy trapped in a middle aged asshole suit.
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:38 pm

CrustaR wrote:
phips wrote:apologies but i think that Predator countdown at the top looks out of place and a bit bizarre...maybe its just me.
just trying to help if i can. :?
I respectfully disagree! :wink:
I also disagree. I like the countdown.
ironjaiden wrote: ...because I'm a 14 year old boy trapped in a middle aged asshole suit.
spartacus
Art Enthusiast

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Hey guys, im a new member here, just saw this thread, and im blow away by the design!...WoW! :shock:
When and where can we order one? :D
phips
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:44 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Feedback is always welcome but I'm pretty sure this one is in the bag. The consensus among folks I sent the final version to is that the countdown in the tagline area is not only clever but balances the red at the bottom of the poster a bit.
Not everyone is going to love every element of the poster but I think Kevin did a phenomenal job with this one and I'm looking forward to printing it.
Oh no doubt that poster is great and he did do a phenomenal job.
Cant wait to see a photo of the printed, finished product.
CrustaR wrote:
phips wrote:apologies but i think that Predator countdown at the top looks out of place and a bit bizarre...maybe its just me. just trying to help if i can. :?
I respectfully disagree! :wink:
Go for it. :D
clandestinex
Art Expert

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:04 am

Damn, you just keep getting better and better man! AtB and now this, both truly feel like posters from EB and for EB. Looks like we're gonna need a Kevin Ang Movie Poster Requests thread pretty soon! :notworthy:
On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:39 am

Image on the credits block and eye fix. I was back and forth earlier about the forehead laser, but I think that's defintely better without having now seen both. I could probably take or leave the countdown, but it's a cool idea also. I'm excited to see the actual print!
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:10 am

Just me, but it feels like the credit block is uncomfortably jammed in there and Arnold's gun completely disappears. Not saying I don't like the block being on the poster, just feels like Arnold has a credit block crammed up his crotch.

Loving it, great job guys, wish I'd remembered to hop on the ATB drop...big oops there. :shock:
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:11 am

TattooMike wrote:An Alien, or better yet Aliens, companion print would kick soo much ass.
Nope. He had it right the first time. A L I E N is tops!
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:47 am

harrykeogh wrote:
TattooMike wrote:An Alien, or better yet Aliens, companion print would kick soo much ass.
Nope. He had it right the first time. A L I E N is tops!
I'm not one to disagree. But I've seen several nice Alien prints. I'd really like see at least one good Aliens print.
Xander
Art Expert

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:00 am

Is it just me, or does the Predator's head seem like it's just floating?
spartacus
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:25 am

adamsmasher wrote:Just me, but it feels like the credit block is uncomfortably jammed in there and Arnold's gun completely disappears. Not saying I don't like the block being on the poster, just feels like Arnold has a credit block crammed up his crotch.

Loving it, great job guys, wish I'd remembered to hop on the ATB drop...big oops there. :shock:

I have to agree, its a shame the credit block just covers the Gun, if the block can be moved down, by moving the current logos along the bottom to the side and then lining them up to the bottom row of the block, this will allow for the gun to be more exposed.....you don't want to miss out on that detail!
karza
Art Expert

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:46 am

spartacus wrote:
adamsmasher wrote:Just me, but it feels like the credit block is uncomfortably jammed in there and Arnold's gun completely disappears. Not saying I don't like the block being on the poster, just feels like Arnold has a credit block crammed up his crotch.

I have to agree, its a shame the credit block just covers the Gun, if the block can be moved down, by moving the current logos along the bottom to the side and then lining them up to the bottom row of the block, this will allow for the gun to be more exposed.....you don't want to miss out on that detail!
What is this Arnold's Gun print??
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:48 am

karza wrote:
spartacus wrote:

What is this Arnold's Gun print??
:lol:
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...