Predator Poster

General art-related discussion.
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:11 pm

I do like it, but I never really care for vertical titles.

It's a lot of fun that you do this, but remember art shouldn't be created by a committee :D Someday you're going to have to tell all of us to STFU and surprise us. 8)
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:I do like it, but I never really care for vertical titles.

It's a lot of fun that you do this, but remember art shouldn't be created by a committee :D Someday you're going to have to tell all of us to STFU and surprise us. 8)
they're horizontal lines at the moment, but yah I getcha. Was actually thinking of just busting out the next piece when it's near completion rather than from the start. Like I said, didn't really think of this samurai one to be all that serious, just some bit of experimental fluff that's why I thought of putting it up here rather than give it a thread of its own. And don't worry, I put my foot down on art choices I'm sure about 8)
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Moran wrote:Thats AWesome

My suggestion would be take the 2 & 4th slash and flip horizontal to see what kind of balance it lends to the piece.
Not sure bout the flip, kinda like it this way. But thanks for the compliment :)
Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:21 pm

skyloreang wrote:
MondoFanMichael wrote:I do like it, but I never really care for vertical titles.

they're horizontal lines at the moment, but yah I getcha. Was actually thinking of just busting out the next piece when it's near completion rather than from the start. Like I said, didn't really think of this samurai one to be all that serious, just some bit of experimental fluff that's why I thought of putting it up here rather than give it a thread of its own. And don't worry, I put my foot down on art choices I'm sure about 8)
please DO think about it seriously! I love the movie and I really like your ideas!
Imageth Circle * Image
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:35 pm

WHoa :drool: :rock: :shock: Me like
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:55 pm

a quick 'shop of what i was talking about, not sure if it read right..
sevenbrev.jpg
not sure how i feel..

EDIT - Sorry, got a little bored. Don't mind me. :) Made some tweeks.. (spacing on text, expansion of second area/moving down of rest, centering of text).

(I can be an ass sometimes when it comes to this, I look at it everyday with commercial printing and notice it all the time. i hate it!)
sevenbrev2.jpg
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 am

halftonegraphics wrote:a quick 'shop of what i was talking about, not sure if it read right..
sevenbrev.jpg
not sure how i feel..

EDIT - Sorry, got a little bored. Don't mind me. :) Made some tweeks.. (spacing on text, expansion of second area/moving down of rest, centering of text).

(I can be an ass sometimes when it comes to this, I look at it everyday with commercial printing and notice it all the time. i hate it!)
sevenbrev2.jpg
Cool of you to try :) I see what you were trying to go for, but I still prefer to keep it one color- probably the white one. Gives it a calligraphy feel. Great that you got into it and tried it your way to get an idea of what it looks like. Maybe I'll try it in that version when I finish finessing :) And yah I get what you mean bout the fonts and spacing ;) Meant to fix those later on. I think I'd like to play with the design a tad bit more before moving on XD
Last edited by skyloreang on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 am

halftonegraphics wrote:a quick 'shop of what i was talking about, not sure if it read right..
sevenbrev.jpg

Now THAT is art direction! This really pops with the characters in white and the rest in red and black. Nice choices on the p'shop version.

And very cool idea from the getgo skyloreang.
Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 am

skyloreang wrote:
sevenbrev.jpg
not sure how i feel..

sevenbrev2.jpg
Cool of you to try :) I see what you were trying to go for, but I still prefer to keep it one color- probably the white one. Gives it a calligraphy feel. Great that you got into it and tried it your way to get an idea of what it looks like. Maybe I'll try it in that version when I finish finessing :) And yah I get what you mean bout the fonts and spacing ;) Meant to fix those later on. I think I'd like to play with the design a tad bit more before moving on XD
This!
Imageth Circle * Image
Awesome
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Do you think you would be able to make the Predator blood glow in the dark? That would be fantastic.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Awesome wrote:Do you think you would be able to make the Predator blood glow in the dark? That would be fantastic.
Welcome to page 4. You're way behind. :P
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Awesome
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Yay =D
lastchild11
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 pm

update?
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm

lastchild11 wrote:update?
It'll be printed just need to find a time when I'm not frantically doing ten other things.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:04 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
lastchild11 wrote:update?
It'll be printed just need to find a time when I'm not frantically doing ten other things.
Who needs sleep?