The Art of Ravi Zupa

General art-related discussion.

Postby willg on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Keep missing these by a few minutes :cussing:
willg
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Chucktown

Postby phubar2 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Damn, I really wanted that but wasn't expecting it to get snapped up so quickly...
User avatar
phubar2
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4090
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: 303

Postby chuckkeppler on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:37 pm

anyone else go for the matchboxes today? I was able to snag 4, and already got a shipping notice (and a 5$ refund for combined shipping I guess). looking forward to getting them
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby nomdeguerre on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:40 am

Some great stuff here, what a classy style :drool:
User avatar
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:17 pm
Location: the land of lost dreams
*hand censored by the magical m'faith

Postby thescofieldkid on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:45 pm

Good for a laugh this AM, but too pricey for me. Collab w/Arna Miller
http://sallycentigrade.storenvy.com/pro ... -ravi-zupa
Image

Never Forget: 24x36 (standard frame size); French Paper 100lb "cement green"; 6 colors; limited edition signed and numbered by Arna Miller and Ravi Zupa.
$95
This poster style is inspired by circus posters. The idea for this poster began when my mom retired in 2010, and I draw a picture of an elephant escaping a burning circus tent into freedom for her. My mom doesn't "get" my art. But Ravi does, and together we developed this poster, both contributing to the concept, drawing and computer work. Marty Hammond helped me print this big poster with his professional equipment. Ravi and I have learned how to work together over the years, and it's getting better each time. However, during each collaboration I vow to never work with him again.
User avatar
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Pacific Wonderland
Collect them all. Before you Die®

Postby natemacd on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:57 am

pretty cool print, interesting combination of styles. also the print is $80 + $5 for US shipping on the site right now. not too bad for a 6 screen 24x36
natemacd
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: CT

Postby ciphe on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:53 am

My girlfriend picked me up a match book, I found a nice shadow box for it. Any suggestions how to mount it?
User avatar
ciphe
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1181
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby Ken on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Excited to say that Ravi will be having a solo show at Hashimoto Contemporary in San Francisco later this year. To be placed on the advance collectors preview list, please email info at hashimotocontemporary dot com!
User avatar
Ken
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Postby chuckkeppler on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:04 pm

ciphe wrote:My girlfriend picked me up a match book, I found a nice shadow box for it. Any suggestions how to mount it?


where'd you find it? been looking for a way to display them behind glass. I was thinking of running fishing line through them (not piercing the box, but through it), then running the line behind the box and through a piece of matting or foam core, and tying it in the back. seems like there would be an easier way, though. maybe some metal brackets?
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby ciphe on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:09 pm

chuckkeppler wrote:
ciphe wrote:My girlfriend picked me up a match book, I found a nice shadow box for it. Any suggestions how to mount it?


where'd you find it? been looking for a way to display them behind glass. I was thinking of running fishing line through them (not piercing the box, but through it), then running the line behind the box and through a piece of matting or foam core, and tying it in the back. seems like there would be an easier way, though. maybe some metal brackets?



Aaron Bros, it's a 3x4 shadow box

I was thinking that or getting really fine pins, placing them top and bottom and wedging the matchbox between them.

I couldn't tell how they did it from the framed versions that were available on the site.
User avatar
ciphe
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1181
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby chuckkeppler on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:39 pm

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how they were mounted in the gallery ones either. Post up some pics if you figure something out
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby MrMurk on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:56 am

chuckkeppler wrote:Yeah, I couldn't figure out how they were mounted in the gallery ones either. Post up some pics if you figure something out

They are basically glued on in a way so they should never fall off. My advice would be to get a similar matchbox and practice/test before trying with the artwork. Museum Gel may be an option for easy removal and strong enough to support light to moderate weight
User avatar
MrMurk
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Denver, CO.

Postby bulkhead72 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:13 am

Ken wrote:Excited to say that Ravi will be having a solo show at Hashimoto Contemporary in San Francisco later this year. To be placed on the advance collectors preview list, please email info at hashimotocontemporary dot com!


Sweet.
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9209
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles
Check out my auctions.

Postby chuckkeppler on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:37 am

MrMurk wrote:
chuckkeppler wrote:Yeah, I couldn't figure out how they were mounted in the gallery ones either. Post up some pics if you figure something out

They are basically glued on in a way so they should never fall off. My advice would be to get a similar matchbox and practice/test before trying with the artwork. Museum Gel may be an option for easy removal and strong enough to support light to moderate weight


hmmm...but they're signed on the back...won't that damage/remove the signature? not that you'll be able to see that when it's in the shadowbox.
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby electrachrome on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:00 pm

ciphe wrote:
chuckkeppler wrote:
ciphe wrote:My girlfriend picked me up a match book, I found a nice shadow box for it. Any suggestions how to mount it?


where'd you find it? been looking for a way to display them behind glass. I was thinking of running fishing line through them (not piercing the box, but through it), then running the line behind the box and through a piece of matting or foam core, and tying it in the back. seems like there would be an easier way, though. maybe some metal brackets?

Aaron Bros, it's a 3x4 shadow box
I was thinking that or getting really fine pins, placing them top and bottom and wedging the matchbox between them.
I couldn't tell how they did it from the framed versions that were available on the site.

Use magnets. 1 in the box & 1 behind the matt or glued to the backing.
eBay 291626809168
User avatar
electrachrome
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17367
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], christorge2, daz4311, rikkirattoe, tuffghost and 28 guests