Is this the right thing to do?

General art-related discussion.
cuyler41
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:33 pm

A while back i was contacted, he wanted to trade me his Ben Harper emek for my Pearl Jam L A klausen a/p. after some back and forth we worked out a deal. I sent him my print before Christmas but after afew days he said he was sick and unable to get my print in the mail.

He said he would ship it after Chrismas, through his workplace, today he says he got my print and its damaged, the tube was crushed. He also says that his poster was never mailed (a mix up in his shipping dept) to me.

I am in Canada but he is in the Arizona , I feel as though he's got me by the Short and curlies. Hes got both posters, claims ones damaged. I insured it through canada post, and I've asked him to send it back. This was my first trade and I am wondering if this is my best option.

cuyler41 :(
Last edited by cuyler41 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotniks160
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:41 pm

unless you got gas money----not much you can do from here but post about him being a bad trader---and before you do a trade check with the regulars to see if your trading partner has a reputation...good or bad---sorry man hopefully he has pnemonia and is sick as hell---is he saying hes gonna ship ur poster back to you?
cuyler41
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Looks like he's gonna ship it back, seems like a good guy , just had me worried.
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:56 pm

cuyler41 wrote:Looks like he's gonna ship it back, seems like a good guy , just had me worried.

'bout to say......I'm pretty sure edgar is on the level.
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:34 am

jojobadass wrote:
cuyler41 wrote:Looks like he's gonna ship it back, seems like a good guy , just had me worried.

'bout to say......I'm pretty sure edgar is on the level.
thanks jojo - i am indeed on the level as many of you here on eb have found out both recently, and in the past. tho im sure one JB lover may say otherwise since im currently holding 7 prints of his :twisted: (haha kidding)

i just sent Jess pictures, of the tube, and the print (tho it was tough to get really good shots of the damage) and his print goes back tomorrow, insured, etc.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:31 am

Aw, I love happy endings.
cuyler41
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:54 am

Happy ending, cept now I have to deal with the Post office ! I'm guessing that will be ordeal(insurance claim) its a sad day when a great poster is ruined :(.

Edgar no hard feelings, bud, thats just the way she goes sometimes. The poster gods have not been kind to me this week, I sent one out that got ruined and recieved a ruined one myself, Luckily It was one of the Pearl Jam Slater CCFA's 20 buckers. The have been pretty cool about it, offered several ways to work it out
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:21 am

cuyler41 wrote:Happy ending, cept now I have to deal with the Post office ! I'm guessing that will be ordeal(insurance claim) its a sad day when a great poster is ruined :(.

Edgar no hard feelings, bud, thats just the way she goes sometimes. The poster gods have not been kind to me this week, I sent one out that got ruined and recieved a ruined one myself, Luckily It was one of the Pearl Jam Slater CCFA's 20 buckers. The have been pretty cool about it, offered several ways to work it out
believe me, i'm also bummed...that was a GREAT trade for me...maybe next time it'll seem worth it to stick with the heavier tube.

thanks for bein cool - and like i said, i'm still going to send that extra pkg of stuff along...

no hard feelings here either.
cuyler41
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:35 pm

I tried with the heavier tube, but because that print was so big, the tube was too heavey. At least for Canada post's liken anyway. Danm international shipping, its always a bit sketchy.
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:10 pm

cuyler41 wrote:I tried with the heavier tube, but because that print was so big, the tube was too heavey. At least for Canada post's liken anyway. Danm international shipping, its always a bit sketchy.
How about a triangular DHL/FedEx type mailers excellent for this sort of thing? Throw the thin tube inside and mail the whole deal.