Spoke Art - News, Releases, Shows, & Info!

General art-related discussion.

Postby Darkknight37 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:54 pm

That Pellegrino is awesome!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby thatsthewayitgoes on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Hey guys, I put up remaining prints of my contribution to Spoke's Bad Dads 2 from last Fall up on my site: http://thatsthewayitgoes.com, all info on the site and image is below.

Cheers.

thatsthewayitgoes

Postby Ken on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Yup, big news!

After many months of meetings and emails, Spoke Art is proud to announce the debut of our official and exclusive partnership with the historic Castro Theatre in San Francisco.

The Castro is one of the country’s grandest original “movie palaces,” originally built in the 1920s and lovingly restored to its original grandeur and beauty. Their cutting edge programming of classic and contemporary films has made the theatre a top destination for movie buffs and an ideal candidate for our partnership.

To celebrate the beginning of a new chapter in the Spoke Art history, we will be releasing a brand new limited edition screen print by artist Joshua Budich on Friday, April 6th at the theatre to celebrate the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the De Young Museum of Fine Art.

Making this event even more special will be the release of not just a City of Lost Children print, but also an exclusive lobby card, which will be given away to the first 50 attendees of the night!

“City of Lost Children” will first be made available at the Friday night screening, and online the following Monday, April 9th at 3pm PST via the Spoke Art online store.

After CoLC, we've got a killer Wong Kar Wai set the week after, stay tuned!

Ken
Art Expert

Postby RadicalRich1138 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 am

Congrats Ken, can't wait to see all the movie posters you guys come up with!
RadicalRich1138
Art Expert

BigmanJames wrote:i am he who does drugs for my inlaws

Postby rubberneck on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 am

Wonder how this impacts David O Daniel? 8)
rubberneck
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:10 am

Ken wrote:Yup, big news!

After many months of meetings and emails, Spoke Art is proud to announce the debut of our official and exclusive partnership with the historic Castro Theatre in San Francisco.

The Castro is one of the country’s grandest original “movie palaces,” originally built in the 1920s and lovingly restored to its original grandeur and beauty. Their cutting edge programming of classic and contemporary films has made the theatre a top destination for movie buffs and an ideal candidate for our partnership.

To celebrate the beginning of a new chapter in the Spoke Art history, we will be releasing a brand new limited edition screen print by artist Joshua Budich on Friday, April 6th at the theatre to celebrate the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the De Young Museum of Fine Art.

Making this event even more special will be the release of not just a City of Lost Children print, but also an exclusive lobby card, which will be given away to the first 50 attendees of the night!

“City of Lost Children” will first be made available at the Friday night screening, and online the following Monday, April 9th at 3pm PST via the Spoke Art online store.

After CoLC, we've got a killer Wong Kar Wai set the week after, stay tuned!

Congrats! :clap:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Codeblue on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 am

No comment.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby RiotAct on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:24 am

Codeblue wrote:No comment.

you want some Budich action, don't lie.
RiotAct
Art Freak

1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.

Postby guerilladubber on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:28 am

I do! So, they must also be showing the 5th element? and what are the measurements of this Lobby Card :D ??
guerilladubber
Art Expert

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby cktbreaker on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:29 am

Move over Mondo?
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 am

Not really.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby adamsmasher on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:59 am

Ken, this is incredible, I'm so pleased to hear the news!

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us and what I'm seeing so far looks great, congrats! :clap:
adamsmasher
Art Expert

WIFE'S POSTER WEIGHTS: http://corkys.bigcartel.com/

I can answer all questions about HCG, but if it's regarding orders or shipping you'll get faster responses by emailing here: shipping@herocomplexgallery.com

Postby spankman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am

itsame wrote:MULTIPASS!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
spankman
Art Expert

"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson

Postby fCon on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:57 am

Ken wrote:...we've got a killer Wong Kar Wai set the week after, stay tuned!

Oh my! The possibilities.... In the Mood for Love, 2046, Chungking Express, Days of Being Wild .... :drool:. The right artist could make this a killer series.
fCon
Art Expert

Postby ottomatik71 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 am

rubberneck wrote:Wonder how this impacts David O Daniel? 8)

Maybe you guys will start getting his shipments quicker. :wink:
ottomatik71
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion