Spoke Art - News, Releases, Shows, & Info!

General art-related discussion.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Now that's what I'm talking about! Can't wait for my Banana Stand set!

Hey Ken, before I forget to ask, what's the status on the Spoke Shirts that were previewed awhile back?
WowBobwoW
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:34 am

Just got confirmation from Ken, shortly followed by a shipping notification for all three prints ordered. In the words of Ice Cube, "Today was a good day."
Ken
Art Expert

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:45 am

Darkknight37 wrote:Hey Ken, before I forget to ask, what's the status on the Spoke Shirts that were previewed awhile back?
Excellent question!

As you're already well aware, we really try to go above and beyond on every show, release and project that we do. We've just gotten in our custom printed Spoke Art garment tags for the shirts, and are now waiting on the custom hang tags. As we're screen printing the shirts ourselves here in our warehouse (with water based inks no less) my rough estimate would be that the shirts will be ready for official release in mid to late March. Regardless, they're on their way!

piratesprayer
Art Expert

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Ken wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:Hey Ken, before I forget to ask, what's the status on the Spoke Shirts that were previewed awhile back?
Excellent question!

As you're already well aware, we really try to go above and beyond on every show, release and project that we do. We've just gotten in our custom printed Spoke Art garment tags for the shirts, and are now waiting on the custom hang tags. As we're screen printing the shirts ourselves here in our warehouse (with water based inks no less) my rough estimate would be that the shirts will be ready for official release in mid to late March. Regardless, they're on their way!

I CAN HAZ? wow the shirt looks cool so far! definatly picking some of these up. way to go ken.
what artists will you be able to choose from?
talkingdeads wrote:My nipples just did a back flip!
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Cool show ... nice work guys!
Ken
Art Expert

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 am

Late night color correcting session for the new edition with artist Steven Daily, featuring his classic "Gogo" image from our Quentin vs. Coen show. Almost done!
Ken
Art Expert

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Printing and deckling were completed last night, Steven will be signing these prints this weekend and we'll have them ready for release tomorrow!

Here are the details:
Steven J Daily
"Gogo"
limited edition giclee print
signed and numbered
hand deckled border
edition of 35
8" x 10"

Releasing Sunday, February 12th at 3PM PST

Both the prints and original painting can be viewed here:
http://store.spoke-art.com/artist/steven-daily

ianpotter
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm really looking forward to March 9th Ken.
Waiting 3 weeks for that drop is going to kill me. :wink:
jools
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 pm

jools wrote:yay - shipping conf on my GID Hugginkiss - cheers Ken :pint: :clap: :notworthy:
spoke too soon...just got a mail sayin due to oversell imma gettin an AP instead, just been shipped so it'll be another 2-3 weeks until it arrives over here - hohum, no biggie
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
tehhippy
Art Expert

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Shipping notice on the IJ.
Ken
Art Expert

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Alrighty EBeaners, brand new print release now available for Tim Doyle's highly successful "Unreal Estate" show. For the first time ever, we're doing a 48 hour time release to ensure that all our collectors who are interested can pick up a print or two!

Sale ends midnight on Tuesday (PST) and please give us a couple weeks to print and ship!

http://store.spoke-art.com/category/tim ... eal-estate

cutterbutter
Art Expert

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey, if any of you are Redditors and have a minute to go upvote the spoke-art link over on r/thesimpsons it would be cool to spread the word to a new community.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheSimpsons/com ... oyle_hand/
ananda
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:42 am

Ken wrote: Image
really like this one :clap:
Ken
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Hey everyone!
Just got back from my sponsored talk at the University of Hawai'i. I absolutely hate public speaking, but a week in Hawai'i I just couldn't say no to!

A very big thank you to everyone who purchased the recent Tim Doyle time release print, we're expecting these to arrive at the warehouse by next Friday and hope to have all orders fulfilled and shipped out within a week of getting them in!

I missed a few PMs while out of town, if you ever have to get in touch and it's urgent, just shoot an email to the gallery, we've got someone there five days a week and they can usually sort out your request! My apologies to anyone who had to wait a few extra days for a response, all PMs have been answered!

Thanks again for all the support EB! We've got some amazing new prints coming up, including a new Caia Koopman tomorrow and a new Brett Amory in a couple weeks, woot!
Ken
Art Expert

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:43 pm

New fine art print by Caia Koopman released today.
Edition of 100, 18"x24", COA, deckled edges, signed and numbered.

Only 25 copies left in stock, so as a warning, I expect these to be sold out by the end of the day!

http://store.spoke-art.com/product/caia-koopman-escape