New Castro / David O Daniel Prints up!

General art-related discussion.
Navinabob
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 pm

WhoLikesRingo wrote:
Navinabob wrote:Anyone know his address by any chance?
I mean I have a tube with it on it, but what do you want it for?
I could most likely find out what happened to him. I do corporate investigation work so I have access to a lot of public records. If I find something really bad I won't post it. Last thing I wanna do is smear an artist... I'm just sorta curious why the guy dropped off the map.
hellosir
Art Freak

Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

I have access to a lot of public records too. It's called Google
summoner
Art Freak

Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Navinabob wrote:
WhoLikesRingo wrote:
Navinabob wrote:Anyone know his address by any chance?
I mean I have a tube with it on it, but what do you want it for?
I could most likely find out what happened to him. I do corporate investigation work so I have access to a lot of public records. If I find something really bad I won't post it. Last thing I wanna do is smear an artist... I'm just sorta curious why the guy dropped off the map.
It might have something to do with what I am suspecting was about 70% of the orders that were placed with him on Black friday were never received by the people that purchased them and the Paypal claims were aplenty?
Image Image Image
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 11, 2013 11:02 am

Another twist in the saga. Bigcartel site back up and running.
wneff
Art Expert

Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 pm

lucy.jpg
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Mon May 13, 2013 10:43 pm

I may try for the birds again but I get so excited and then such a letdown when they never arrive
Maybe this time they'll get it right anyone also gonna go for anything?? Or have we all learned our lesson by
now?
TheBlack
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 14, 2013 4:05 am

lordhelmet wrote:I may try for the birds again but I get so excited and then such a letdown when they never arrive
Maybe this time they'll get it right anyone also gonna go for anything?? Or have we all learned our lesson by
now?
If you're tempted then purchase, but make sure to file your claim if it doesn't arrive within the file-claiming period.
KarelPatchouly

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:10 am

Hey guys, actually I am new here. I found this page while looking for infos about O'Daniel's bigcartel shop.
I bought 3 posters 10 days ago and since then, no mail, no update, no answers, no nothing.
So after reading the last pages of this thread, looks like I'll never get anything...
desch
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 am

KarelPatchouly wrote:Hey guys, actually I am new here. I found this page while looking for infos about O'Daniel's bigcartel shop.
I bought 3 posters 10 days ago and since then, no mail, no update, no answers, no nothing.
So after reading the last pages of this thread, looks like I'll never get anything...
Hopefully you paid with Paypal. Make sure you keep track of the 45 day claim deadline and use it if you don't get your prints.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
simianfever
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:18 am

KarelPatchouly wrote:Hey guys, actually I am new here. I found this page while looking for infos about O'Daniel's bigcartel shop.
There's always a chance. Some people get stuff, some people don't. Last time I ordered was november or december of last year. I was fortunate enough to get my stuff, but others didn't. He was slow to ship, maybe close to two weeks or more from purchase date and PAYPAL did update with the tracking once it went out.

As said above, give it a little time then file a claim before the 45 day window is up. Good luck and report back here either way to give other's a heads up if you can.
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:22 am

simianfever wrote:
There's always a chance. Some people get stuff, some people don't. Last time I ordered was november or december of last year. I was fortunate enough to get my stuff, but others didn't. He was slow to ship, maybe close to two weeks or more from purchase date and PAYPAL did update with the tracking once it went out.

As said above, give it a little time then file a claim before the 45 day window is up. Good luck and report back here either way to give other's a heads up if you can.
As a collector of O'Daniels prints, who has had good and bad experiences, it will be interesting to get an update.
KarelPatchouly

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:33 pm

I used Paypal and I already filed a claim. This means that I have now up to 20 days to settle with the seller. I sent a 3rd email through PayPal this time. I asked for at least an answer about the status of my order. I'm not in a hurry or anything, I am ok with delays, I just want communication.
I'll keep you updated :)
brandalonian
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Is anyone selling any O'Daniel prints? I'm a newer collector and really enjoy his work!
KarelPatchouly

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:36 am

So guys,

Unfortunately no answers from the seller.
It's been 3 weeks and I didn't even get a mail to tell me "I aknowledge your order".
I filed a claim through Paypal and I would advise you to stay away from his store.
As soon as I get my money back, I'll spend it on serious stores, even if it's more expensive. But I will definitely buy more of O'Daniel artworks. Even if the guy is not serious (or maybe he has some big problems?), I love his posters way too much. I only have The lady from Shanghai for now and I can't stop looking at it.

I'll keep you updated on wether he answers and what happens with the claim. Thanks for your support and answers, I seem to have found a nice community :)
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 am

KarelPatchouly wrote:So guys,

Unfortunately no answers from the seller.
It's been 3 weeks and I didn't even get a mail to tell me "I aknowledge your order".
I filed a claim through Paypal and I would advise you to stay away from his store.
As soon as I get my money back, I'll spend it on serious stores, even if it's more expensive. But I will definitely buy more of O'Daniel artworks. Even if the guy is not serious (or maybe he has some big problems?), I love his posters way too much. I only have The lady from Shanghai for now and I can't stop looking at it.

I'll keep you updated on wether he answers and what happens with the claim. Thanks for your support and answers, I seem to have found a nice community :)
21 Days is pretty short time to file a claim, did you try sending him an email, albeit a nice one, to ask if he received your order first before getting Paypal involved.