OK, so you received a package not meant for you???

General art-related discussion.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:36 pm

That dude is pretty much a huge douchebag, but I would say that depending on the poster, it would be hard for me to send back a much desired print.
ryan_1969

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:51 pm

Isn't opening mail addressed to someone else illegal?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:28 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:Isn't opening mail addressed to someone else illegal?
I don't think that's what happened here - I was taking it that the artist (or in other cases, maybe another trader) sent the print to the wrong person. Tube was addressed correctly, but not sent to the person who paid for it.
Tra la la la la...
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 am

artist came though big time for me, never heard whom it was that received the print mistakenly, doubt I ever will, not like I don't understand, but it put the artist in a funny position I believe, he's just too nice of a guy to do that too I think.

Anyways, got my print, its gorgeous and another item tossed in for good measure that I was stunned to receive, so alls well that ends well!
Last edited by hitmewithposters on Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
housedog777
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:20 pm

I was sent two Flaming Lips prints, those gigantic ones in the five foot t00bes. Dustin and I got in contact and he gave me his fedex number to send it to its rightful owner. I didn't get a single thank you, but at least I got kharma on my side!
kharma is a good thing to have on your side. I agree that even if you don't get a thank you or a "reward", at least you have proven that you are honest.

artists mistake=expected refund or another print
ALSO i would like to think that the person who received it would do what they could to get it to me but, hey, it's 06 in America.

i am glad it worked out.