All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 am

DickButt wrote:Man I would love that Kong. Were they for sale?

One of the best decisions I made in my young poster career was buying that for $100 the day after the show. I thought at the time it was an obscene amount to spend on a poster.
Yes, they were available. I purchased one. Every print was made in an edition of 100. The Kong print was $500. The others ranged in price from $250 to $450 from what I recall. There were probably only 50 people lined up when the gallery opened and I was in the middle of the line. I bought the 3rd Kong print that was sold I think. It seemed that most people were buying the stickers and pins and stuff. I think the size of these prints was intimidating to purchase for most people. I wanted some of the other prints, but yeah, the size was intimidating to 1) frame and 2) figure out a space to hang it. I had always wanted the Kong print since the first time I saw it after the show, so I was pleasantly surprised I had the opportunity to buy such an awesome version of it. The tubes they provided were comically large. I think they were 6 inch diameter and about 4 feet long. I had to ship it back to my house since I was visiting from out of town. I should get it back in hand on Friday.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 pm

Remember back in the day when the Ten Club would send a mailer out with posters for $20-$35?

I picked up almost all of the 1998 tour posters from those mailers. I marked the boxes next to the prints I wanted and sent them a check in the mail. Good investments. ;)
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 pm

Bluecow wrote:

One of the best decisions I made in my young poster career was buying that for $100 the day after the show. I thought at the time it was an obscene amount to spend on a poster.
Yes, they were available. I purchased one. Every print was made in an edition of 100. The Kong print was $500. The others ranged in price from $250 to $450 from what I recall. There were probably only 50 people lined up when the gallery opened and I was in the middle of the line. I bought the 3rd Kong print that was sold I think. It seemed that most people were buying the stickers and pins and stuff. I think the size of these prints was intimidating to purchase for most people. I wanted some of the other prints, but yeah, the size was intimidating to 1) frame and 2) figure out a space to hang it. I had always wanted the Kong print since the first time I saw it after the show, so I was pleasantly surprised I had the opportunity to buy such an awesome version of it. The tubes they provided were comically large. I think they were 6 inch diameter and about 4 feet long. I had to ship it back to my house since I was visiting from out of town. I should get it back in hand on Friday.
Are they signed/numbered?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:42 am

The Kong has always been at the top of my ISO list but they go for stupid prices on eBay when they pop up.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:09 am

ZoSoTim wrote:The Kong has always been at the top of my ISO list but they go for stupid prices on eBay when they pop up.
It's my favorite poster I have framed up by a longshot. Those XLs looks great but I definitely would never be able to hang a gigprint that big in my house, ha.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:36 am

I'll jump on the Kong train . . . always been one I wanted. Those oversized ones look pretty great.
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 pm

tenaciousjack wrote:Any update on merch replenishment?
Any posters officially sell out for good?
10 club response:
"We usually sell posters from a tour some time after the tour is over. I don't have any specific information regarding the sale of recent tour posters.
Check in at Pearljam.com periodically for updates on Ten Club exclusives.
Thanks
10c"

Trav
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:52 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
Bluecow wrote:

Are they signed/numbered?
Yes, they are signed, numbered, and embossed with the Ames Bros logo.
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Looks like I got the 2XL version of the kong print added to the database. I'll have to work on the others that were sold at the show, but I don't have the dimensions or prices for them.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/264962
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:45 am

I know this is a long shot but figured I'd try the Pearl Jam thread...

I'm looking for a S/N Ames Lauderdale 96. It was my first Pearl Jam show, and for nostalgic reasons now (23 shows later) I'd love to get a framed copy up on my walls. Lots for trade (though not much PJ). Also willing to pay cash.

Thanks. :pint:
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:36 pm

The MAGA asshat reaction on the Facebook to Jeff's poster is something else. Check out the official Pearl Jam post with the poster. Never knew there were so many racist inbred Pearl Jam fans.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Link to said poster?
mmmm Beer :pint:
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:45 pm

https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam/photo ... =3&theater

More: https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam/ (the very first post at the moment)

Also, dat belongs in the melthunters thread.

P.S. Weird that it took a poster for those outraged die hard fans to realize what PJ's political views are.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:59 pm

lol, those are people mostly just coming out of the woodwork to support MAGA . . . if they've been fans for 25 years and only today realize what PJ's politics are because of a poster, they were never really fans. . . they just owned Ten and listened to them when their local Classic Rock station played Jeremy.

I love the "you just lost 1/2 your fan base!" comments . . . more like 33%, maybe if they're going by Trump-support.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm

I just think the poster looks like trash regardless of whatever message they try to get across. It's just poorly done.