EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.

Postby Rick_a_c on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:31 pm

downforcemedia wrote:So, the Cal Jam is still up. No Emek has been up this long since the last Badu print. I saw it in person at TRPS. It's actually very nice.

What was hanging at TRPS was a digital print of a not quite yet completed image.
That said, it's better to have seen that than to have seen nothing :lol:
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.

Postby lightyears2010 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 pm

so emek accidentally shipped my rome to my house instead of furthur frames...i know they are backed up big time so i'm just gonna frame it myself. i left it at the shop and need to call them and let them know which one of these i'm going with. i can't decide for the life of me...any suggestions? i know i have to look at it on the wall not you...but i'm pulling my hair out here. :lol: i'm even considering a single white mat.

lightyears2010
Art Expert

Postby 1000steps on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:40 pm

ask peacedog and do what he says
1000steps
Art Expert

Rick_a_c wrote:It's the game. Ya play or ya don't.

Postby jjttdw on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:43 pm

1000steps wrote:ask peacedog and do what he says

Sound advice. If given the choice of those above I would pick the first.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby lightyears2010 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:53 pm

yeah i'll shoot him an email...i like the black/grey the best too but none of it grabs me like it should..and the simple white mat sounds just as good to me. i wish emek had just sent it to him...ah well.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Postby downforcemedia on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:So, the Cal Jam is still up. No Emek has been up this long since the last Badu print. I saw it in person at TRPS. It's actually very nice.

What was hanging at TRPS was a digital print of a not quite yet completed image.

Of the Cal Jam? Or the Show Print? I thought I saw people buying the Cal Jam in both reg and foil? I could be wrong though.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby Rick_a_c on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:33 am

downforcemedia wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:

Of the Cal Jam? Or the Show Print? I thought I saw people buying the Cal Jam in both reg and foil? I could be wrong though.

Sorry. I was referring to the TRPS show print.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.

Postby ackirkpatrick on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Just received the NIN @ Radio City. I’ve been pretty inactive lately, but the print job on this print is better than any of my other Emeks. I was excited for the gold ink, but the black ink steals the show. Super fresh too, the room smells like ink. I haven’t been this impressed in a bit!
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Postby downforcemedia on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:02 am

ackirkpatrick wrote:Just received the NIN @ Radio City. I’ve been pretty inactive lately, but the print job on this print is better than any of my other Emeks. I was excited for the gold ink, but the black ink steals the show. Super fresh too, the room smells like ink. I haven’t been this impressed in a bit!

It's a great print. I was able to score a foil at TRPS. They are so stinky. I love it.

downforcemedia
Art Expert

Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view

Postby PapaVo on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:50 am

PapaVo
Art Expert

Postby Kramerica on Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:12 am

Let's just hope they can ship decently well.
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby IndyDMBFan on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:34 am

I wish EMEK would have gotten the Meteora or the Troublemaker. Not much of a Bass guy
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Luls. Did he sell 5 again like teh PJ Romes?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby DickButt on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. Did he sell 5 again like teh PJ Romes?

Duh
DickButt
Art Expert

Postby papaver on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. Did he sell 5 again like teh PJ Romes?

yep. sold out in 3s. what bullshit.
papaver
Art Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion