EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
peacedog wrote:I'm not sure who did the matting for Emek on the dictionary pages, but the one we have seen come through the shop was glued into the matting along the sides. There is no reversing it or removing it from the mat it comes with. I don't know if this was par for the course, we've only seen one.
Bummer! That's a real shame.
Wtf

That's beyond stupidity
Shameful
The mat is not intended to be removed on these... They are signed and numbered on the mat, not the print, so if the original mat were discarded it kind of loses all authenticity...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Buh how are ya supposed to peacedog or framedevil it tho?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
maddog76
Flipper

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
peacedog wrote:I'm not sure who did the matting for Emek on the dictionary pages, but the one we have seen come through the shop was glued into the matting along the sides. There is no reversing it or removing it from the mat it comes with. I don't know if this was par for the course, we've only seen one.
Bummer! That's a real shame.
Wtf

That's beyond stupidity
Shameful
Just so everyone understands, these are prints made by a company that will print anything on dictionary paper. Emek did not print these, just like he has nothing to with the prints on wood. I assume they glue the paper to the matts as a rule. They all come like that.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:27 pm

A lot of people don’t know that, and the Facebook dummies have been gobbling these up for serious markup.
ImageT.K.C.
maddog76
Flipper

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:42 pm

bryndavies wrote:A lot of people don’t know that, and the Facebook dummies have been gobbling these up for serious markup.
Please point me in that direction.
watersbrad
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:27 pm

The first edition arrived this weekend and after seeing it in person I was even more sure that they are not screenprints. So, I emailed Emek to ask about the printing. He replied that the dictionary pages are in fact giclee. After that, I replied to ask if they were printed in-studio or off-site; I will report back if I get a reply.

For now, I'm sticking with my original assessment: giclees (confirmed), printed in-studio himself (TBD)...

I will update the EB listing to reflect giclee instead of screenprint.
maddog76
Flipper

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:41 pm

watersbrad wrote:The first edition arrived this weekend and after seeing it in person I was even more sure that they are not screenprints. So, I emailed Emek to ask about the printing. He replied that the dictionary pages are in fact giclee. After that, I replied to ask if they were printed in-studio or off-site; I will report back if I get a reply.

For now, I'm sticking with my original assessment: giclees (confirmed), printed in-studio himself (TBD)...

Did you not read any of the posts above yours? These are not printed by Emek, they are 100% not screen prints, they are essentially "prints on wood" on dictionary paper.
watersbrad
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:54 pm

maddog76 wrote:
watersbrad wrote:The first edition arrived this weekend and after seeing it in person I was even more sure that they are not screenprints. So, I emailed Emek to ask about the printing. He replied that the dictionary pages are in fact giclee. After that, I replied to ask if they were printed in-studio or off-site; I will report back if I get a reply.

Did you not read any of the posts above yours? These are not printed by Emek, they are 100% not screen prints, they are essentially "prints on wood" on dictionary paper.
Go back a few pages, I'm all caught up thanks. I thought they weren't screenprints and mentioned it a few days ago. People argued that the EB listing said screenprint, but I thought it was mistakenly entered. I heard directly from Emek today verifying that they are indeed giclees. Have you heard from Emek directly, or do you have first-hand knowledge that these are sent out to be printed? I doubt they are sent out to be printed...
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:58 pm

So I'm assuming the typewriters on dictionary paper are giclees as well?
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Giclees on dictionary paper glued to a stock mat. Oof.
ImageT.K.C.
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:37 pm

applehead wrote:ANyone order the new Emek Guitar Island over at PrintsOnWood? Anyone have a coupon code?
Not yet, but I intend to before it closes - no luck finding a coupon code that works - let me know if you dig one up!

Anyone know how to look up how many of these have sold so far? I've been able to find it by searching "inventory" in the page source code for other artists timed editions, but not finding the info on this one...
PapaVo
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:14 pm

SpaceYourAntelope wrote:
applehead wrote:ANyone order the new Emek Guitar Island over at PrintsOnWood? Anyone have a coupon code?
Not yet, but I intend to before it closes - no luck finding a coupon code that works - let me know if you dig one up!

Anyone know how to look up how many of these have sold so far? I've been able to find it by searching "inventory" in the page source code for other artists timed editions, but not finding the info on this one...

Also, anyone ever get one these with the add-on "Italian frame"? Worth it?
squalie
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:35 pm

bryndavies wrote:Giclees on dictionary paper glued to a stock mat. Oof.
My desire to acquire one of these has declined dramatically.
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:48 pm

PapaVo wrote:
SpaceYourAntelope wrote:

I have Protectors in a White Frame and I think it is definitely worth it - gives it a more complete look on the wall where I have it displayed. For $35 seems like the only way to go imo
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:51 pm

PapaVo wrote:
SpaceYourAntelope wrote:

Yes, but I switched it to black. I think any wood panel looks bare and a little drap without a frame.
ImageT.K.C.