new radiohead stanley donwood print

General art-related discussion.
Flimby

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 pm

anyone pic this up today with the cd? heard about it but haven't seen it yet. ISO one of these as well.
thebends9
Art Expert

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 pm

soupysound
EB Team

Mon May 22, 2017 10:01 am

https://www.shangrilart.com/products/adjust-your-set

ShangrilART is pleased to announce the release of "Adjust Your Set". A limited edition print by our co-conspirator Stanley Donwood.

4 colour screen print on Somerset Tub Sized Satin 410gsm
Edition of 200
53 x 55 cm
Signed and numbered
£150 plus shipping

Produced by Vaughan Williams from Tin Dogs Fine Art, this 4 colour screen print really reflects on Stanley's relationship with his partners in crime, Radiohead and the Shangri-La field at Glastonbury Festival.

What’s the Radiohead angry bear all about?

Stanley: “It isn’t angry; it’s hungry. It’s all the toys you used to play with when you were little. I first drew it for my daughter when she was about one. It was part of a story about how forgotten toys wake up in dusty boxes and go and eat the adults who abandoned them.”
Stanley has been contributing to the field with his artwork for many years, with both sharing the same belief that change can occur if you do something!

ShangrilART is a new art publishing company from the people behind the infamous Shangri-La field from Glastonbury festival.
ShangrilART will be supporting artists year-round with an online platform and upcoming events.
Profits are divided between artists and Shangri-La, which fund future projects, collaborations and ongoing development of what we do.
kidaussie
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 23, 2017 7:50 am

Flimby wrote:anyone pic this up today with the cd? heard about it but haven't seen it yet. ISO one of these as well.
What's this CD you speak of?
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 am

kidaussie wrote:
Flimby wrote:anyone pic this up today with the cd? heard about it but haven't seen it yet. ISO one of these as well.
What's this CD you speak of?
That was 2011.
soupysound
EB Team

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:29 am

OK Computer
In the latter days of the Twentieth Century, before the War Against Terror and when the internet was a new thing filled with promise, myself and Dr Tchock sat in front of an early-model Apple Mac and made this picture. At the time I was consumed with thoughts of nuclear winter, denuded trees, dust-filled empty highways and houses with no glass left in the windows and no life left in the rooms. White was the colour of death and no mistakes could be erased; only covered up; only concealed, rather ineptly. Only hidden, but badly. If I had known then what I know now I probably wouldn't have bothered to get up in the morning. The last twenty years have been quite horrific; the fiendish aggression of the Twentieth Century bleeding into the new millennium with a vengeance.

But in a very specific version of a physical WayBack machine here is a big screen print of that very picture; lushly configured in eleven layers of ink, bigger and more vibrant. It still makes me think about the possibility of nuclear winter though. Nuclear winter is what happens after a nuclear war. There is so much dust kicked up into the atmosphere that no sunlight can reach the earth. Everything dies.

An edition of 500, of which 200 are currently available
Screen printed by hand onto 330gsm Plike paper (Sulphite and acid free)
Paper size: 72cm x 70cm
Print size: 64cm x 64cm
11 colour print
£275
http://www.slowlydownward.com/
silo
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 pm

Really appreciate the heads up soupysound. I would have missed this. Thanks.
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:18 pm

What's up with the 300 prints they held back?
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:47 pm

WaltJocketty wrote:What's up with the 300 prints they held back?
Not totally sure but he does stuff for Xmas

I bet some will turn up then.
fribhey
Art Expert

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:33 pm

WaltJocketty wrote:What's up with the 300 prints they held back?
He does online pop up shops multiple times a year and rarely sells an entire edition at once. Last year he sold The Wraith (cover of a moon shaped pool) through at least two pop up shops, might have been three... and as the other poster mentioned, he also does an Xmas shop
mtarail
Art Expert

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:07 pm

I don't have any insider info, but I'm wondering if a chunk of the edition was held for the band and record label folks.
fribhey
Art Expert

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:02 pm

mtarail wrote:I don't have any insider info, but I'm wondering if a chunk of the edition was held for the band and record label folks.
Some may have but like I said, he always saves prints for his online pop up shops
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Dafug is an online pop up shop?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fribhey
Art Expert

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Codeblue wrote:Dafug is an online pop up shop?
He randomly sets up a short lived/temporary online shops with a different domain names each time. He always does one at Christmas but usually does a few a year.

For this particular print he set up a store at http://oknotok.ullage.co.uk