the artwork of jacob van loon

General art-related discussion.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:14 am

Wasn’t quick enough to grab a panel, but I did get an AP print and it is beautiful. The paper is nice and thick and the ink even looks like actual watercolor. Plus he shipped it flat which is always appreciated on smaller prints.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
jacobv
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:05 pm

jayper wrote:It was a JVL kind of day! By sheer dumb luck a piece came back from the framers and a piece got delivered from Jacob within hours of one another.

Here's the piece which I just picked up from the framer. The lighting in some of the photos is really off but I wanted to catch the angles to show you all the depth of the frame and shadow box. These pieces are 1.5" deep on their own, so the frame itself really juts out from the wall, it's awesome!

This looks drymounting sick! This is one of the reasons that series is on cradled panels.
---
Glad you liked the print man, I love the place I work with in Illinois. I hate shipping tubes so I try to ship flat if its under 16x20". Plus if someone is paying so much for a limited print I think it's worth it to add a few extra dollars for shipping so it comes ready to frame.

ALERT:

I rebooted my instagram, needed a clean slate for a few reasons. I'm working on getting my OG handle back but for now:
http://instagram.com/jacobaaronvanloon

Big sale coming toward the end of this month.
Billycane696
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:24 pm

jacobv wrote:...Big sale coming toward the end of this month.
You're gonna run me broke right before MondoCon man! You should come out one year, it's a great time :pint:
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm

jayper wrote:It was a JVL kind of day! By sheer dumb luck a piece came back from the framers and a piece got delivered from Jacob within hours of one another.

Here's the new guy, it's going to be framed up to match the one below.

Here's the piece which I just picked up from the framer. The lighting in some of the photos is really off but I wanted to catch the angles to show you all the depth of the frame and shadow box. These pieces are 1.5" deep on their own, so the frame itself really juts out from the wall, it's awesome!

Just saw this, beautiful piece and love the frame job... nice
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Awesome stuff in today's sale. Anybody get lucky with any of them? Whoever picked up Mammoth, I tip my hat to you. :clap:
Incidentally, all of the new pieces have been added to the DB: http://expressobeans.com/public/search.php?artist=5873
So it goes...
Billycane696
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:06 pm

mfaith wrote:Awesome stuff in today's sale. Anybody get lucky with any of them? Whoever picked up Mammoth, I tip my hat to you. :clap:
Incidentally, all of the new pieces have been added to the DB: http://expressobeans.com/public/search.php?artist=5873
I stared at it for a few minutes, knowing I’ve wanted it for over a week...with MC here though I just couldn’t pull the trigger. :cry:
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:40 pm

I want Ashen Light so badly, but I'm on a freeze right now (esp since my art budget is set aside for a JVL commission).

Love the wide selection of pieces today. Congrats to the new owners.
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:02 pm

+1 Mammoth. (not gloating/genuinely excited)

It looks pretty sweet, can't wait to see it. I would love like six pack of small panels in the style of Ashen Light, just beautiful work Jacob, if you're listening.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 pm

WhoLikesRingo wrote:+1 Mammoth. (not gloating/genuinely excited)
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:28 pm

jacobaaronvanloon wrote:“Edward Kelley’s angel hotline” watercolor, gouache, and graphite on bfk. 5.5x7.5”
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Up! http://store.jacobvanloon.com/product/e ... el-hotline
mfaith wrote:
jacobaaronvanloon wrote:“Edward Kelley’s angel hotline” watercolor, gouache, and graphite on bfk. 5.5x7.5”
So it goes...
jacobv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:52 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:I want Ashen Light so badly, but I'm on a freeze right now (esp since my art budget is set aside for a JVL commission).

Love the wide selection of pieces today. Congrats to the new owners.
Have we exchanged emails before? hit me up about Ashen Light if you're still interested. j@jacobvanloon.com
jacobv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:53 pm

WhoLikesRingo wrote:+1 Mammoth. (not gloating/genuinely excited)

It looks pretty sweet, can't wait to see it. I would love like six pack of small panels in the style of Ashen Light, just beautiful work Jacob, if you're listening.
I am lurking and listening. <3
jacobv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Also a quick update on some super small work:

post-its for giant robot's annual group show. my first year participating - check it out of you're in the GR2 vacinity!

I've been working on huge stuff lately so there isn't much new to share but I did just make this one/plan on making some more various works in this size (4.5x7.5 on 8x11") for a small end of month sale (with a dash of late black friday discounts).

jacobv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:01 pm

jesus its weird looking at those post-it drawings when they're that huge. trust me my dudes the eyelashing is more scaled IRL.