Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 8:22 am

prevone wrote:I scored on the last mystery tube they did, wasn't anything too great... Had 5 prints in it for the same price I believe.

Still worth it if your a Horkey fan, nothing flip-able tho so I hope they all went to good homes.

Three prints at 135, so 45 a piece shipped. Not expecting a wood Naif, but hell some color variations on Shades would be well worth it. If I was looking to flip I would buy a trampoline :D
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Fri May 19, 2017 8:46 am

cgriff wrote:
prevone wrote:I scored on the last mystery tube they did, wasn't anything too great... Had 5 prints in it for the same price I believe.

Still worth it if your a Horkey fan, nothing flip-able tho so I hope they all went to good homes.

Three prints at 135, so 45 a piece shipped. Not expecting a wood Naif, but he'll some color variations on Shades would be well worth it. If I was looking to flip I would buy a trampoline :D
Where they sold out quickly? Saw email came through at 3am or so. Probably didn't even have a chance. I'm on East coast.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
Weaksauce
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 12:21 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
cgriff wrote:

Three prints at 135, so 45 a piece shipped. Not expecting a wood Naif, but he'll some color variations on Shades would be well worth it. If I was looking to flip I would buy a trampoline :D
Where they sold out quickly? Saw email came through at 3am or so. Probably didn't even have a chance. I'm on East coast.
Prints sold quickest, but not instant. I had time to think about it, mess up the card checkout, go back and do Paypal, all on my phone, and I still made it through fine. Bag B was gone by this morning, and A is gone now too.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Fri May 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Weaksauce wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
cgriff wrote:

Prints sold quickest, but not instant. I had time to think about it, mess up the card checkout, go back and do Paypal, all on my phone, and I still made it through fine. Bag B was gone by this morning, and A is gone now too.

Are the prints going to be the ones listed on their site already? Please post once they arrive.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
Halo97
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 12:43 pm

For us newer Horkey fans, could someone give the backstory of Horkey with Megafauna? Seems kinda odd that an American artist would ship his art to the other side of the world. It would be interesting to know how many of the prints they sell that make the round trip back to the US.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Fri May 19, 2017 12:47 pm

One of the first people to honor and admire Aaron's work. Shingo is amazing
Halo97
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks talkingdeads. Is Shingo another name for Megafauna, a person or something else?
Baker
Art Expert

Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Halo97 wrote:Thanks talkingdeads. Is Shingo another name for Megafauna, a person or something else?
Shingo is the man behind MegaFauna. Regret not making it to MWH to meet him in person with how many emails we have exchanged over the years.

Also worth noting, the VAST majority of what Shingo sells, are just his own items he has collected over the years outside of the actual collabs and editions created specifically to be sold there.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Halo97
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Baker wrote:
Halo97 wrote:Thanks talkingdeads. Is Shingo another name for Megafauna, a person or something else?
Shingo is the man behind MegaFauna. Regret not making it to MWH to meet him in person with how many emails we have exchanged over the years.

Also worth noting, the VAST majority of what Shingo sells, are just his own items he has collected over the years outside of the actual collabs and editions created specifically to be sold there.
Thank you.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Fri May 19, 2017 1:57 pm

East coaster here too...i just happened to get very very lucky :shock:

....was awake re-bingeing up some "Bloodline," getting ready for the final season. it may not be the greatest show ever, but it's essentially filmed in my home town so i dig it.

Im certainly hoping for some prints that haven't been sitting on the site, unsold for many months now (i don't think thats really Shingo's style anyways ala Tim Doyle). but, after quickly doing the math, I realized there was no way I could pass. Shingo always tosses in extra goodies, and i like the dream that there's a chance he pulls out some older gems for those of us lucky enough to have grabbed a tube. Besides, if i do get any prints that I already own, or I'm not really into, then hopefully they will find a good home come this October.

Ive never bought a Horkey to flip. Off the top of my head, I don't think I've ever even sold one. The few that are in my trades are all easily available for reasonable prices in many places on the web and i own other versions of them...

I am wondering how many people who did score tubes bought 5 or more...with no limit as to how many you could buy someone coulda easily become eligible for THC 2017 in a single purchase. :lol:
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm

I was in Alien Covenant when the email dropped...bummer.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:I was in Alien Covenant when the email dropped...bummer.
was it worth it?
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 19, 2017 3:50 pm

southerngarden wrote:
michaelmillichamp wrote:I was in Alien Covenant when the email dropped...bummer.
was it worth it?
Absolutely not. It was a dumpster fire of a movie.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon May 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Hadn't seen this sticker before.

Image2017-05-22_03-42-02 by lastheathen, on Flickr
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Mon May 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Halo97 wrote:For us newer Horkey fans, could someone give the backstory of Horkey with Megafauna? Seems kinda odd that an American artist would ship his art to the other side of the world. It would be interesting to know how many of the prints they sell that make the round trip back to the US.

I was curious about the connection as well

:cheers:
I'm not someone else.