Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:06 pm

finalfilppula wrote:Don't watch with dubs, mayne!
The Streamline dub is pretty good for a dub. I very rarely ever watch dubs though. 99% of the time, they are terrible.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Whenever I watch an Anime in it's native tongue, the tiniest part of me feels like I'm cultured. When I watch a dubbed version, I can't think of anything other than how cheesy it is.
That's what she said
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 pm

The latest dub on Akira is great.
hongkongcavaliers
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 pm

finneganm wrote:
Whenever I watch an Anime in it's native tongue, the tiniest part of me feels like I'm cultured. When I watch a dubbed version, I can't think of anything other than how cheesy it is.
Ghost in the Shell is so much better dubbed. I love the voices...
ImageImageImage
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 pm

hongkongcavaliers wrote:
finneganm wrote:
Ghost in the Shell is so much better dubbed. I love the voices...
I feel the same way about Cowboy Bebop, though I do love how the Japanese Jet says "Spike Spiegel". It's hilarious!
dsanacore
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:13 pm

finneganm wrote:
Image Image
finalfilppula
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:15 pm

finneganm wrote:
That and I feel like it does a bit of a disservice to the integrity of the film. That is, the way it was intended to be viewed when they created it.
Celsius
Flipper

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:16 pm

finneganm wrote:
Whaaa? The dubs >> subbed for most Disney Ghibli. If you're talking other anime, sub >> dub though -- except Cowboy Bebop.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Celsius wrote:
finneganm wrote:
Whaaa? The dubs >> subbed for most Disney Ghibli. If you're talking other anime, sub >> dub though -- except Cowboy Bebop.
Dude...DUDE...You're out of your damn mind! Those dubs are terrible. Just because someone is a good actor doesn't make them a good voice actor which is why the Disney dubs fail for those. I can't stand any of them!
charter
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Speaking of dubs, Billy told me he likes dub step.
fnord
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:20 pm

jesseindisguise wrote: Missing the Laser Disc?
ISO
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
Celsius
Flipper

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

omgkitty wrote:
Celsius wrote:
finneganm wrote:
Dude...DUDE...You're out of your damn mind! Those dubs are terrible. Just because someone is a good actor doesn't make them a good voice actor which is why the Disney dubs fail for those. I can't stand any of them!
You're nuts. Off the top of my head, Princess Mononoke and Whisper of the Heart are much better. Ponyo and Arrietty are not.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

fnord wrote:
ISO
It's also a Criterion release. I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?

dsanacore
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:24 pm

omgkitty wrote:
Celsius wrote:
finneganm wrote:
Dubbing (most) Ghibli films destroys the ambience and world that Miyazaki worked to create
Image Image
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:24 pm

omgkitty wrote:
fnord wrote:
ISO
It's also a Criterion release. I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?

We had a copy at the video store I worked at in high school, talk about mind-blowing.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.