Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:14 am

zombiedictator wrote:Image
Perfect!
akbeyond
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:57 am

Chandler53 wrote:Had to get this bad boy on 'The Wall.'
Did you just happen have a frame that size lying around? What is it, a 26x38 print?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:04 am

akbeyond wrote:
Did you just happen have a frame that size lying around? What is it, a 26x38 print?
Looks like a 28x40. The print doesn't fully fill the frame.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 am

My set up for The Thing frame job, pre-matte..... Somehow my Struzan variant went unsigned. I'm sure Mondo will make it right and get me a signed one. Until then, this is what it will look like before I get it to a framer.... I've been waiting a loooong time for all of these pieces to come together.... Does anyone else have a variant or reg that went unsigned?
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
jumpinjeza
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:30 am

^^^^^In one frame?
trarex wrote:I find this very disturbing.
The only adult in that video is a black guy hanging out with the whitest 12 year olds on the planet.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:41 am

jumpinjeza wrote:^^^^^In one frame?
Sure. It's just gonna be a big frame.

I have a 60x40 of Last Night at the Alamo that is hanging in the Alamo Ritz lobby that is coming my way. That will be way bigger than this one. A framer can do pretty much anything depending on the price.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:20 am

RomanMorales wrote:My set up for The Thing frame job, pre-matte..... Somehow my Struzan variant went unsigned. I'm sure Mondo will make it right and get me a signed one. Until then, this is what it will look like before I get it to a framer.... I've been waiting a loooong time for all of these pieces to come together.... Does anyone else have a variant or reg that went unsigned?
Nifty get up you got planned there. What color of mat are you going to use between everything?
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:43 am

RomanMorales wrote:..... Somehow my Struzan variant went unsigned.... Does anyone else have a variant or reg that went unsigned?
Maybe someone out there accidentally got two sigs on theirs :shock: ...

..ISO: Struzan/Thing dual sig. variant
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:37 am

thisisjosh wrote:
RomanMorales wrote:..... Somehow my Struzan variant went unsigned.... Does anyone else have a variant or reg that went unsigned?
Maybe someone out there accidentally got two sigs on theirs :shock: ...

..ISO: Struzan/Thing dual sig. variant
Double Struzan all the waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:53 am

akbeyond wrote:
Print is 26 x 38. 27 x 40 is a common frame size. I just mounted the print on the poster board that came with the frame.

Looks awesome in person!!
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:14 am

RomanMorales wrote:My set up for The Thing frame job, pre-matte..... Somehow my Struzan variant went unsigned. I'm sure Mondo will make it right and get me a signed one. Until then, this is what it will look like before I get it to a framer.... I've been waiting a loooong time for all of these pieces to come together.... Does anyone else have a variant or reg that went unsigned?
That is pretty Goddamn nuts. I had the same idea for my Stout regular and handbills (hooked someone up with them when I realized what I am about to say), but since I do my own framing and the largest lites Hobby Lobby sells is 30" x 40", framing for something like that I'm guessing would run roughly $400 on the low end and closer to $600.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:35 am

Sweet jesus :shock:

That thing (pun intended) is going to be immense when its finished. Godspeed.

Silver lining: no signature means you wont feel bad matting out the white border...
jlabbate
Art Freak

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:07 am

LOL at what some folks are asking for on their Struzan/Thing prints :rolling: :crazy:
waiting for "will only trade for Warhol OG" :P
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:45 am

jlabbate wrote:LOL at what some folks are asking for on their Struzan/Thing prints :rolling: :crazy:
waiting for "will only trade for Warhol OG" :P
regular

variant

Granted, it is still really early to tell, but that is already a very visible drop.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:49 am

I think the variants especially will be pretty hard to come by in a few months, it seems most people want to get theirs in glass right away and will therefore probably not be trading/selling them very willingly. I think the amount of regs will cause the immediate price drop still think they will ultimately increase in value. Doesn't really matter to me since I am neither trading nor selling either of them.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH