Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
tehhippy
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Cragars wrote:
cjevy wrote:Just looking through the Blue Underground Library and I need to start saving my $$ now for this show... Really hoping for a Shock, Maniac, Zombi, and The Church
I think he said Zombi wasn't done as others have done it well enough.
Same for Maniac.

Bummed I don't think I'll get down for the opening.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Damn! Damn! Damn!
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 12:40 pm

finneganm wrote:It doesn't get the same love (and it shouldn't really), but Alien 3 is awesome.
That one's a highly, highly underrated film (specifically, the Assembly Cut is. The theatrical edition isn't so hot). It just has the misfortune of following two of the best movies ever made.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Osan912 wrote:So serious question, I've never seen any of the alien films and Amazon is selling the bluray box set for 29.99 do I make a blind buy?I'm kinda wanting to see Prometheus next week and should I see the four first or wait til afterwards. I'm so conflicted! :?
Best Buy also had the individual releases for $10 last week with $10 movie cash for Prometheus. I'm not sure if that's still on, but it may be worth a look.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Kramerica wrote:I really enjoy the first two films but the third and fourth fudge the bed IMO. Alien 3 is one of the only Fincher movies I will probably never watch a second time. I do own the set because the first one is one of my favorite horror/sci-fi films of all time and would probably pull the trigger on the blu-ray set in your position. You might just wait to buy it until you have seen the films but I would try and watch at least the first one before seeing Prometheus. I have no information to base this on but think watching it would probably add some understanding to the new film.

Edit: Awesome interview and some peeks at prints from IJ's upcoming show just posted on omgposters.com
Disappointed. Not one mention of chub rub...
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
rubberneck
Art God

Wed May 30, 2012 12:46 pm

finneganm wrote:It doesn't get the same love (and it shouldn't really), but Alien 3 is awesome.
I'm one of that minority who loves this as much as the first two. First one I saw on the big screen back in '92 and that ending was such a sucker-punch, a bit like Seven. The score is also fantastic, challenging at first but tonally the score works for the film.I became a fan of Elliot Goldenthal after this...

I also have a serious collection of Alien 3 memorabilia and collectibles... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
simianfever
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 12:51 pm

RelaxingDragon wrote:
That one's a highly, highly underrated film (specifically, the Assembly Cut is. The theatrical edition isn't so hot). It just has the misfortune of following two of the best movies ever made.
Also enjoy this film. I understand it can be seen as a missed opportunity and the change in scope from Aliens could be disheartening to some. To me it works perfectly as a small horror film. Despite being set in space in the future, the prison with its limitations and low tech make it a sort of "aliens" in a medieval castle or dungeon setting. Kinda cool, that's my take at least.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed May 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Marty85 wrote:Image
I'm loving both of these :clap:
elanmars
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 30, 2012 12:57 pm

what a missed opportunity with django, to use the casket and machine gun...focusing on the boot is like someone focusing on luke's hair for a print for a new hope.
to see some of my photography, click down below!
http://www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 1:01 pm

elanmars wrote:what a missed opportunity with django, to use the casket and machine gun...focusing on the boot is like someone focusing on luke's hair for a print for a new hope.
Is this a joke?
The spur is made up of guns with bullets flying everywhere - I think it works in the machine gun + western idea nicely.
elanmars
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
elanmars wrote:what a missed opportunity with django, to use the casket and machine gun...focusing on the boot is like someone focusing on luke's hair for a print for a new hope.
Is this a joke?
The spur is made up of guns with bullets flying everywhere - I think it works in the machine gun + western idea nicely.
I see it better now on the computer. On my phone it looked pretty plain.
to see some of my photography, click down below!
http://www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography
bikewrecked
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm

acidburn wrote:Image

PB'd 13 Assassin Prints headed out tmrw

Lightning fast shipping :clap:
My question is, how in the hell did it not sell out while you were clicking to get them all in your cart. Are you on a T3 or something? Because, My with my connection sometimes I still can't get a poster even if I put them in my cart as soon as they pop on the page.
mcnail
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 pm

We actually thought it was quite refreshing to see a smart Django poster with no coffin.
mycrospazm
Art Expert

Wed May 30, 2012 1:21 pm

What he said.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed May 30, 2012 1:24 pm

really dig Jay's take on Torso :pint:
not so much on Django :(