Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Celsius wrote:
You're nuts. Off the top of my head, Princess Mononoke and Whisper of the Heart are much better. Ponyo and Arrietty are not.
To each his own I guess. I personally find the Disney dubs to be grating. I have heard the Arrietty British dub is pretty damn good though.
slowt
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm

All I know is the Streamline version, as my mother foolishly rented the vhs for me in the early 90's and I quickly made a copy of it. Kept that copy all the way through high school. When I finally searched out a real copy, I ended up with the Pioneer version. "WTF is this?!?"

ISO my vhs bootleg Akira :(
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:28 pm

jesseindisguise wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
fnord wrote:
jesseindisguise wrote: Missing the Laser Disc?
ISO
It's also a Criterion release. I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?

We had a copy at the video store I worked at in high school, talk about mind-blowing.
Could you imagine a Criterion blu-ray for Akira? Good lord....I think I need to go change my underwear!
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Think theres 2 criterion versions. And loads of jap ones. Been meaning to pick up a french fist of the north star movie laserdisc thats been in a shop for 5 years. Sure its french but i love the cover.
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Criterion would be clutch, hopefully they'll release something great next year. Picked up a full set of the Epic comics Akira series for my brother the other day. The TPBs are nice, but they look so much better in color.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
finalfilppula
Art Expert

Watching American History X and reading about dubs vs. original making my brain go nuts.
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Marty85 wrote:
YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:Passed on the Mondo Adventure Time 8-bit drop and picked up a set off eBay for $75 shipped.
you better hope it's not damaged. :P
Add this one to the damaged SDCC file. Prints arrived shipped in a toilet roll tube resulting in the center of the tube being crushed. Working with the seller to get a full refund but may have to claim via paypal seller is only offering a partial and these prints are too damaged to frame.

Has anyone claimed through paypal before? How does it work? Do paypal usually pay 100% of the total cost?
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:55 pm

YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:
Marty85 wrote:
YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:Passed on the Mondo Adventure Time 8-bit drop and picked up a set off eBay for $75 shipped.
you better hope it's not damaged. :P
Add this one to the damaged SDCC file. Prints arrived shipped in a toilet roll tube resulting in the center of the tube being crushed. Working with the seller to get a full refund but may have to claim via paypal seller is only offering a partial and these prints are too damaged to frame.

Has anyone claimed through paypal before? How does it work? Do paypal usually pay 100% of the total cost?
Toilet roll tube?
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:01 pm

It was really thin. It could be easily be crushed with one hand.
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

That sucks, sorry man.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Really curious how many prints out of Mondo's SDCC releases contain damage due to mishandling by incompetent buyers. I'd venture to guess, at minimum, 30%?
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:08 pm

YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:It was really thin. It could be easily be crushed with one hand.
happen to me before with the fairey print. they will ask you to ship it back with tracking number. so when the seller receive the return print you will get the full refund. only one problem is the shipping cost coming out of your pocket :hanging:
make sure to leave him a bad feedback if he doesnt refund you the shipping cost
Badbutch
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 pm

iambillyg wrote:Really curious how many prints out of Mondo's SDCC releases contain damage due to mishandling by incompetent buyers. I'd venture to guess, at minimum, 30%?
Given the amount that were jacked up by competent buyers, I'd say a lot higher. The HBO Game of Thrones prints have to be in the 70%.
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Badbutch wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Really curious how many prints out of Mondo's SDCC releases contain damage due to mishandling by incompetent buyers. I'd venture to guess, at minimum, 30%?
Given the amount that were jacked up by competent buyers, I'd say a lot higher. The HBO Game of Thrones prints have to be in the 70%.
Haha. I'll never forget hearing tales of people getting copies of the Daniel Danger and rolling them up on the street. Or picking up the Ansin and folding it in half.
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Badbutch wrote:
People did seem to struggle a surprising amount with those. I definitely say the majority of the Ansins Ive seen have been damaged.