Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Gkohler
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:43 pm

blog wrote:I just realized there was no pin for mmmx. Kinda disappointed.
weird that they wouldn't do that.... would make sense to have a pin with the ring on it...hmmm
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:45 pm

virtualmert wrote:great pics Mr Billy G! If my wife ever needs a second in Austin I will give her your name! :clap: I imagine you would take sick extreme closeups of wedding cakes as well!
..and the wedding night for a special fee... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:49 pm

MastaMonk wrote:Mondo really needs to put out a new Blade Runner print. There is no way I'll ever be able to afford the Stout :(

Give Ansin a shot at it.
Wonder if it's worth the health problems for the EB masses.
Bickel

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 pm

rubberneck wrote:
virtualmert wrote:great pics Mr Billy G! If my wife ever needs a second in Austin I will give her your name! :clap: I imagine you would take sick extreme closeups of wedding cakes as well!
..and the wedding night for a special fee... 8)
Vonschinkel
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm

tylt33 wrote:
Rainbolt wrote:I love that flipping lens man !! Great shots dude !!
It's the photographer, not the lense :hanging:
Not sure if joking but that's a pretty condescending thing to say.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Vonschinkel wrote:
tylt33 wrote:
Condescending to the lens? Pretty sure it's a compliment to the skills of billyg.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Yea it's absolutely a compliment
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Vonschinkel wrote:
tylt33 wrote:
Condescending to the lens? Pretty sure it's a compliment to the skills of billyg.
It's an insult IMO to compliment a photographer that takes excellent shots on his equipment and not his abilities. Billy consistently does great work. I couldn't do the same with the same lense. Skills> Equipment all day.
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:31 pm

I think Von, knowing Rainbolt, was suggesting Rainbolt knows very well it's the photographer, not the lenses.
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Vonschinkel wrote:
tylt33 wrote:
Yeah Billy and I had a pretty good discussion about the lens he was using and I'm pretty sure I am going to grab myself one, been pricing them ever since. He was cool enough to let me use it on My Canon 40d and the shots where amazing. So I am complimenting the Lens as well as the photographer. Billy has the EYE and a smoking SIGMA wide angle lens that worked superb on my Camera the night of Dr Scotts party.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Rainbolt wrote:
Yeah Billy and I had a pretty good discussion about the lens he was using and I'm pretty sure I am going to grab myself one, been pricing them ever since. He was cool enough to let me use it on My Canon 40d and the shots where amazing. So I am complimenting the Lens as well as the photographer. Billy has the EYE and a smoking SIGMA wide angle lens that worked superb on my Camera the night of Dr Scotts party.
That makes sense!
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
Vonschinkel
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:58 pm

tylt33 wrote:
Rainbolt wrote:
That makes sense!
Looks like I was misunderstood or I did not make myself clear so sorry about that. I find that both gentlemen take fine pictures regardless of equipment but my quibble was that equipment does have some say in the end product. I took the statement to be condescending to Rainbolt and not to Billy.

I've had a few margaritas! Sorry if I riled anyone up!
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Vonschinkel wrote:
tylt33 wrote:
Rainbolt wrote:
That makes sense!
Looks like I was misunderstood or I did not make myself clear so sorry about that. I find that both gentlemen take fine pictures regardless of equipment but my quibble was that equipment does have some say in the end product. I took the statement to be condescending to Rainbolt and not to Billy.

I've had a few margaritas! Sorry if I riled anyone up!
Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!
Last edited by ImAMonster on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:04 am

Guys, thank you ver much for the compliments. I appreciate it, really.

Regarding the lens or the man operating the camera, I think both deserve credit. I don't want to get into the whole "Anyone that gets a DSLR can take photos" debate.

Glass has a purpose, your body has a purpose and the person taking the photos each have their own sense of style. My pictures look very different from blogs or rainbolts. Probably has a little to do with the equiptment, but has a much more to do with the person choosing the angle, settings and then clicking the button.

In any event, I appreciate the kind words.
For sure. Let me know. That would be great!
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:33 am

^dumbest little side argument ever^

can we focus on the really important issue here, guys? we have a community member here now named DICKBUTT how drymounting awesome is that
not dead