Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Did you mess with your color settings between the first and second pic of the variant? Almost looks like the 2nd pic is desaturated to a pure black and white image. Both look killer; major ISO. Anybody need an arm or a leg?
Last edited by ImAMonster on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
iambillyg
Art Freak

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Also, just got this. But who cares, right?

Just kidding, this thing is great. And when you roll your fingers across it, everything is raised.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:20 pm

blog wrote:I just realized there was no pin for mmmx. Kinda disappointed.
Forgot to add that to my review. No pin was a little disappointing. At Scott's BBQ I brought everybody that saw Akira at MMM1 an Akira pin. Will have to do the same for this one...
iambillyg
Art Freak

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Rainbolt wrote:I love that flipping lens man !! Great shots dude !!
Thanks man.
ImAMonster wrote:Didi you mess with your color settings between the first and second pic of the variant? Almost looks like the 2nd pic is desaturated to a pure black and white image. Both look killer; major ISO. Anybody need an arm or a leg?
Nah, it's just the metallics. At certain angles, you cannot see the metallics, and then others you can. So the first image was just shot at a weird angle.
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm a HUGE fan of that Tong Iron Man, looks so damn good in person it's ridiculous. I don't have the variant but I love the regular. I didn't notice everything was raised on it!

*Goes to unroll print*
Image ImageImage
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Someone said there was a ring in the background. Was it in any of the pics?
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:25 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Someone said there was a ring in the background. Was it in any of the pics?
Could be wrong, but I believe they're referring to the ring encircling the action in the print.
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 pm

KSUvet wrote:
sluffmo wrote:The rumor I heard was that this might be the only horkey, and it's not part of a series.
This is the only thing keeping me in check on this release. It also wouldn't make much sense to release a Horkey FOTR and TTT online when the ROTK was an event exclusive. I want a matching set of three from someone, because that's all the wall space I'll have. The trilogy set/s will also lIkely be released in a bundle so there's no additional worry about getting shut out on part of the set.
Perhaps that's what the rumored online release of RotK will entail (30-40) that will be sold as a set. Seems kind of silly if that's the case, but hey.
PunPryde
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

+1 Iron Giant
+1 King Kong reg

first Mondo buys ! :D
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 pm

PunPryde wrote:+1 Iron Giant
+1 King Kong reg

first Mondo buys ! :D
Congrats! Welcome to the forum!
Image ImageImage
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:54 pm

DickButt wrote:I'm still betting they don't have Michael J. Fox's likeness rights yet. Those are notoriously tough to get. Not saying they aren't trying, or that they will never get them, but there's no reason to say 'no comment' to a likeness rights questions if you have them.
I wonder if Struzan could pull some strings to help get the ball rolling on the likeness rights, I mean he's friends with MJF right?
Marty85
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:54 pm

MastaMonk wrote:Mondo really needs to put out a new Blade Runner print. There is no way I'll ever be able to afford the Stout :(

Give Ansin a shot at it.

:drool: :drool: :drool:
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:56 pm

It's the photographer, not the lense :hanging:
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 pm

iambillyg wrote:
Thanks man.
ImAMonster wrote:Didi you mess with your color settings between the first and second pic of the variant? Almost looks like the 2nd pic is desaturated to a pure black and white image. Both look killer; major ISO. Anybody need an arm or a leg?
Nah, it's just the metallics. At certain angles, you cannot see the metallics, and then others you can. So the first image was just shot at a weird angle.
Billy those are some really nice shots. One of the closeups on the eagle's claw on the fell beast looks almost 3d. I have a few Tongs and it still amazes me how thick he lays the inks on his prints. Great shots.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
virtualmert
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:42 pm

great pics Mr Billy G! If my wife ever needs a second in Austin I will give her your name! :clap: I imagine you would take sick extreme closeups of wedding cakes as well!
:cautiously removes pants: