Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
edg1218
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:59 pm

adamrworsell wrote:I enjoy this communitys banter whilst I sip my cocktail awaiting some Avengers to assemble.... 5 mins to go!

Fatty.
:P
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:
thebends9 wrote:
mobius006 wrote: If a product has my companies name on it and a large portion have issues. I'd at least mention it and we're looking into making sure it never happenes again.
+1 very valid point
So if Amazon destroyed 200 Sony Bluray players while shipping them to customers .. Would you expect Sony to step up and apologize for Amazons screw up ?
If there were only 300 and the relationship was that amazon is the ONLY other person selling Sony bluray in the world besides Sony. Yes I would. Also if there was an issue with ur player down the line, you contact Sony not amazon.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

thebends9 wrote:
mobius006 wrote: If a product has my companies name on it and a large portion have issues. I'd at least mention it and we're looking into making sure it never happenes again.
+1 very valid point
Eh. I guess my view stems from the fact that it seems like it was a one-time thing, maybe an intern drymounting up or something. I mean they've shipped out a ton of prints and this is the first major issue I've heard - and they offered full and partial refunds like any company would. I can see if it was a recurring issue that was never addressed, then throwing around "arrogance," but I just don't see it. /shrug
adamrworsell
Art Expert

Mmmm ice cream cocktail done. Now Avengers time. See you on the other side!
Jobiwan24
Art Connoisseur

thedeanmachine wrote:
biscocrack420 wrote:You all would actually purchase from Shamshow again after the Tron debacle?
I would. I have received 5 prints from them and only one was damaged. With the damaged one (Tron) they offered a refund or partial refund. Seems like pretty good business practice to me. Obviously, one would prefer the prints not be damaged in the first place but it seems like they are doing what they could with what they have.
Meh, I got 2 from them both damaged. I appreciate they offer full refunds or partials if you want to keep it (this is nothing special to me btw, this is the bare minimum of what they should offer) but I don't appreciate the hassle of having to contact them/send pictures/ship it back. Honestly to me it's not worth all the hassle.
dylansdad wrote:
I don't need it all. I just need the next one. Then I'll stop.
gonzo303
Art Freak

daviddelgadoh wrote:
biscocrack420 wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:Mondo is arrogant because they haven't issued an apology for a totally different company's drymount up?

Sometimes I wonder why I'm even on this site anymore.
Don't get bent out of shape. Just one persons opinion. If one persons opinion makes you not want to be a part of this community then maybe you should reevaluate why you are part of it to begin with. Just sayin....
Not sure why you felt the need to post that. It was sarcasm - how am I bent out of shape? Clearly I love this community otherwise I wouldn't be as active as I am. :roll:
You do get bent out of shape whether you want to admit it or not. Anything Mondo does you've got a rhyme or reason to it, yet are you even part of Mondo? Don't think so.
Same fudge, different drop.
thebends9
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Didnt Mondo fire someone once for incorrectly shipping prints?
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:02 pm

mobius006 wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:
thebends9 wrote:
+1 very valid point
So if Amazon destroyed 200 Sony Bluray players while shipping them to customers .. Would you expect Sony to step up and apologize for Amazons screw up ?

If there were only 300 and the relationship was that amazon is the ONLY other person selling Sony bluray in the world besides Sony
. Yes I would. Also if there was an issue with ur player down the line, you contact Sony not amazon.
Ok .. I may see the point on the first part .. but the "issues... down the line" that would be a product quality problem and nothing to the issue at hand.
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:04 pm

thebends9 wrote:Didnt Mondo fire someone once for incorrectly shipping prints?
I do believe I recall that happening.
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:05 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:
Ok .. I may see the point on the first part .. but the "issues... down the line" that would be a product quality problem and nothing to the issue at hand.
True but we were on this weird world of comparing paper to electronics. It brakes down somewhere :P
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 pm

mobius006 wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:
True but we were on this weird world of comparing paper to electronics. It brakes down somewhere :P
LOL >. I think we get each others points .. This is really a double edged sword for mondo though .. If they keep quite buyer like yourself will condemn them for lack of action .. If they step up and apologize for the incident they may harm relationships with SS and they are potentially accepting liability for the damaged product that SS sent out. So I am guess that "radio silence" during this attack is their idea of the best course of action for Mondo Corp. :)
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:09 pm

gonzo303 wrote:You do get bent out of shape whether you want to admit it or not.
Typed words on a screen rarely convey tone, but whatever.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:09 pm

mobius006 wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:
Would that equate to the infamous red dot on the prints?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:11 pm

I thought the partnership between Mondo and Sideshow was somewhat forced - laid down by the production company? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:11 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:
Would that equate to the infamous red dot on the prints?
That is a quality control issue .. and SS should have demanded reprints and destroyed the original print run.