Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:21 pm

rubberneck wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:I bought a copy for my friend Joe that runs the Art of Akira exhibit. This thing is ridiculous. Debating if I get a copy for myself, but that paper.... :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
See Signalnoise thread for the Drive print for delivery expectations...
Oh God, don't even get me started on that fudge show.

So am I wrong in guessing this will be the exact same paper stock as a traditional movie poster?
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 pm

zombiedictator wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:I bought a copy for my friend Joe that runs the Art of Akira exhibit. This thing is ridiculous. Debating if I get a copy for myself, but that paper.... :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
See Signalnoise thread for the Drive print for delivery expectations...
Oh God, don't even get me started on that fudge show.

So am I wrong in guessing this will be the exact same paper stock as a traditional movie poster?
If that's true, I really wish you guys hadn't emailed him about it being up on Society6, since those are Giclee prints and much higher quality.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 pm

It's out of print now. It has one of the highest bit-rates of any Blu-Ray ever, so audio is NUTS. No extras, which sucks. I was hoping they'd "fix" that with the anniversary edition that Japan did, but they didn't.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
hongkongcavaliers
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:23 pm

zombiedictator wrote:I love this thing so much I e-mailed him and asked about the paper. Worst case scenario is these are all printed and tough titties, best case is enough people e-mail him and he prints on better stock. I suggest you all do the same:

http://www.thatkidwhodraws.com/contact.html

This is kind of strange, though:

"TKWD Poster Prints are printed on 80lb and 110lb premium matte at a high quality resolution. Poster Prints larger than 20"x30" are shipped securely in poster tubes to ensure mint quality upon delivery."

""AKIRA" Poster Print
Limited edition hand signed and numbered poster prints. Printed on high-quality gloss and shipped in protective tubes for best quality. As of right now, shipping to the US only."
The gloss is a killer for me, too. Matte heavyweight paper, an instant buy.

That thing is impressive... an amazing layout.
ImageImageImage
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:24 pm

man i thought it was alot when i spent 40$ new :shock: glad i got it then
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
mike123230
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:24 pm

mindtrick33
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:25 pm

mike123230 wrote:JC Richard APs up: http://microcosmicmedia.blogspot.com/
keep getting BAD REQUEST
Good luck on future drops
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm telling you guys, e-mail him. If this dude sees in 24 hours his Facebook and e-mail blow up because of this, he may reconsider. Not to toot our own horn too much, but when a giant art community collectively spams you with "PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY" as an artist no one really knows about, they tend to listen.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Read the fine print on the DragonSlayer AP before purchase:

*Please note: All the AP copies have very subtle edge wear in the lower left corner (does not affect the image area); if you can't live with the slight imperfection please don't purchase, thx.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
agzaker
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm

I love LOTR so could not resist.
hongkongcavaliers
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:31 pm

zombiedictator wrote:I'm telling you guys, e-mail him. If this dude sees in 24 hours his Facebook and e-mail blow up because of this, he may reconsider. Not to toot our own horn too much, but when a giant art community collectively spams you with "PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY" as an artist no one really knows about, they tend to listen.
Done.
ImageImageImage
finalfilppula
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 pm

It's the same reason why I held off on that Blade Runner print posted a while back :(
zombiedictator wrote:
It's out of print now. It has one of the highest bit-rates of any Blu-Ray ever, so audio is NUTS. No extras, which sucks. I was hoping they'd "fix" that with the anniversary edition that Japan did, but they didn't.
Was there any reason for this? I wouldn't mind owning an Akira BD.

Edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLU-RAY-AKIRA-R ... 3a70d064d3

Perhaps this will suit the needs of the seekers?
Last edited by finalfilppula on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dylanosaur
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 pm

I was away from my computer when the JC's went up and got one a couple minutes later. Expecting the refund...but if not :pint: :pint: :pint:
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:37 pm

finalfilppula wrote:
It's the same reason why I held off on that Blade Runner print posted a while back :(
zombiedictator wrote:
Was there any reason for this? I wouldn't mind owning an Akira BD.
Who knows. The only consolation is the hope that it will be re-released soon. Next year will be the 25th anniversary, so hopefully we will see something then.
mike123230
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:37 pm

dylanosaur wrote:I was away from my computer when the JC's went up and got one a couple minutes later. Expecting the refund...but if not :pint: :pint: :pint:
Did he ever say how big the AP run was?