Martin Ansin thread

General art-related discussion.
edg1218
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:37 pm

DarkPassnger wrote:If you were to buy a print directly from Ansin, how would one go about doing that? Does he sell them through a lottery like Stout or something?
Ansin throws whatever he has left on ebay.
:D
veltri
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:01 pm

rubberneck wrote:Image

U2 - Turn Off The Dark for Rolling Stone

Would love a full band print of U2. He really nailed the likenesses of Bono and The Edge.... :pint:

Anyone know which issue of Rolling Stone that appeared in?
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:28 pm

DarkPassnger wrote:If you were to buy a print directly from Ansin, how would one go about doing that? Does he sell them through a lottery like Stout or something?
Ansin is in Uruguay. He doesn't directly sell his artist copies. His artist copies stay in the USA and are sold and shipped through Posters & Toys. Watch his Twitter or OMGPosters for release info.

Keep in mind that he still hasn't sold his artist copies for Tron, which dropped in January. Or Brazil. So we are starting to get a backlog of unsold artist copies. But they should eventually show up over at P&T.
DarkPassnger
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm

dylansdad wrote:
Ansin is in Uruguay. He doesn't directly sell his artist copies. His artist copies stay in the USA and are sold and shipped through Posters & Toys. Watch his Twitter or OMGPosters for release info.

Keep in mind that he still hasn't sold his artist copies for Tron, which dropped in January. Or Brazil. So we are starting to get a backlog of unsold artist copies. But they should eventually show up over at P&T.
Thanks for the information, you've been most helpful. I'll start keeping a look out.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - The Zapper
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm

charter wrote:

Would love a full band print of U2. He really nailed the likenesses of Bono and The Edge.... :pint:
If only U2 wasn't on there. Ansin...make me a Spidey Poster I will love you forever.
Yeah. This print would be a lot cooler if U2 weren't in it.
wmd
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:37 pm

HisBobness wrote:
charter wrote:

If only U2 wasn't on there. Ansin...make me a Spidey Poster I will love you forever.

Is it really a print? I thought it was just a page in a mag.

I mean, if this was on your wall... Don't even CONSIDER bringing a girl home. The chick's vag would literally grow shut.
rubberneck
Art God

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Been watching a lot of Cronenburg movies lately...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:16 pm

ugh. U2.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
edg1218
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:16 pm

wmd wrote:
HisBobness wrote:
charter wrote:

Is it really a print? I thought it was just a page in a mag.

I mean, if this was on your wall... Don't even CONSIDER bringing a girl home. The chick's vag would literally grow shut.
Don't bring a guy home either, his asshole would implode.
SheldonCooper

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:14 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and a bit of a noob. Obviously, I just discovered the man's prints, since I'm just getting into the whole Mondo posters thing, after having failed multiple times to get Thor and Iron Man the other day (nothing to do with Ansin I know). I guess he doesn't do prints aside from Mondo?!

I just love the Scott Pilgrim one, or Tron Legacy but my jaw just drops when I see the prices. Dropping 200 bucks (400 apparently for the SP :D ) is just not conceivable for me, not reasonable, if I had plenty of money, I wouldn't hesitate, but I tell myself that paying more than 100 bucks for a piece of paper is really steep.

Anyway, I'm late to the party, and I imagine you'll tell me that the only way to get some of his prints are via Ebay (with those ridiculous prices) or on the board, where the prices are also not negligible....... ^^

Am I right?!
blog
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:18 am

SheldonCooper wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new here and a bit of a noob. Obviously, I just discovered the man's prints, since I'm just getting into the whole Mondo posters thing, after having failed multiple times to get Thor and Iron Man the other day (nothing to do with Ansin I know). I guess he doesn't do prints aside from Mondo?!

I just love the Scott Pilgrim one, or Tron Legacy but my jaw just drops when I see the prices. Dropping 200 bucks (400 apparently for the SP :D ) is just not conceivable for me, not reasonable, if I had plenty of money, I wouldn't hesitate, but I tell myself that paying more than 100 bucks for a piece of paper is really steep.

Anyway, I'm late to the party, and I imagine you'll tell me that the only way to get some of his prints are via Ebay (with those ridiculous prices) or on the board, where the prices are also not negligible....... ^^

Am I right?!

There are plenty of affordable Martin Ansin prints for less popular subjects available here. Luckily for you, the prices on all of his prints haven't gone sky high yet, and compared to some other artists, some of his prints stay somewhat affordable for a while. Just not Thor.
Also, if you want one of his prints for The Night Porter or THX 1138, you can order one right here: http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/martinansin/
Those aren't limited editions, and they aren't screen prints, but supposedly they are pretty nice.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
skary
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:22 am

If your not willng to dish out $100 or more for said paper you should just walk away now. Everyone here probably felt the same way at first until they opened the wallet, got the tube, opened it and just looked at the artwork saying to themselves Soooo worth every penny. Don't worry man you'll get there too we all did.
;)
blog
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:23 am

One of his absolute best limited edition prints is still available here:
http://www.vonscaramouche.com/product/m ... po-regular

It's for the movie El Topo, which was a cult phenomenon in the 70s. Personally I think the movie is virtually impossible to watch, but the print is amazing.

╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
SheldonCooper

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks for the answer, but I'm not the kind to just buy one of his prints just because it's Ansin, has to be something I'm interested in, otherwise, it's not worth it. I do love the Wrath Of Khan one even though I haven't seen a single ST movie except for the JJ Abrams one. I totally want the Tron Legacy one, Scott Pilgrim, the Drive one is beautiful too, but any chance that it loses value?! This is just too expensive for posters.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 am

El Topo is amazing in person.