Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:05 pm

I like how he is making money off the movement itself. Should be giving the 'GREAT' BLM(KKK) all the proceeds
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:08 pm

mademehmmm wrote:I like how he is making money off the movement itself. Should be giving the 'GREAT' BLM(KKK) all the proceeds
KKK? Wut?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Kramerica wrote:
mademehmmm wrote:I like how he is making money off the movement itself. Should be giving the 'GREAT' BLM(KKK) all the proceeds
KKK? Wut?
Go watch the video of the kid holding an ALL LIVES MATTER sign in the city....
Wintermute
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Ended up with a double-dip PB situation. So if anyone wants one for my cost ($100) + shipping, PM me. no longer available
Last edited by Wintermute on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:25 pm

The image does not say "BLM" anywhere on it, however because of the subject matter, he is donating some proceeds to the cause - something which he is not obligated to do. Please explain how he is making money off of the movement. He is actually bringing more positive attention to the movement by being a big-name artist and supporting the cause.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:36 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
The image does not say "BLM" anywhere on it, however because of the subject matter, he is donating some proceeds to the cause - something which he is not obligated to do. Please explain how he is making money off of the movement. He is actually bringing more positive attention to the movement by being a big-name artist and supporting the cause.
This ^^
So it goes...
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:44 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
He already increased the price from $55 to $75 compared to other prints in the series. You make it sound like he is taking a portion of his own profits and donating. His cost per print is $20 max. If you are being 'charitable', why not give a portion if not all of you're proceeds to the cause. Instead he just increases the price to offset and keeps his normal profit.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:46 pm

mademehmmm wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
He already increased the price from $55 to $75 compared to other prints in the series. You make it sound like he is taking a portion of his own profits and donating. His cost per print is $20 max. If you are being 'charitable', why not give a portion if not all of you're proceeds to the cause. Instead he just increases the price to offset and keeps his normal profit.

You’re an idiot
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm

mademehmmm wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
This has been beat into the ground. Fact is, he's still doing more than the rest of us. It's still nearly $10k that will go to the cause. We don't know that he's not actually donating ANOTHER $20 of his "take"...making it $40/print to the cause.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:48 pm

mademehmmm wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
Even if he increases his prices to donate $20 per print to the cause, who the hell cares? Like I said before, he is not obligated to do so. His fan base clearly doesn't care since his prints are selling out - actually if you are really a fan of Shep's work and support the causes and subject matter of his artwork you should be lauding this move on him to do so, not being so cynical about it.

Edit: and since you've probably never written a politician a letter or stood in a crowd to protest injustice, consider this paying your dues
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:49 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
mademehmmm wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:

You’re an idiot
You're a moron? Great response
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:50 pm

It’s all your comment warranted
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:51 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
mademehmmm wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
Even if he increases his prices to donate $20 per print to the cause, who the hell cares? Like I said before, he is not obligated to do so. His fan base clearly doesn't care since his prints are selling out - actually if you are really a fan of Shep's work and support the causes and subject matter of his artwork you should be lauding this move on him to do so, not being so cynical about it.

Edit: and since you've probably never written a politician a letter or stood in a crowd to protest injustice, consider this paying your dues
Im not a fanboy and have my own mind. You dont have to agree with all the causes he supports.

EDIT: You make it sound like I bought this, no. I hate politics and dont vote. I dont agree with most of his causes and I dont really like Shepard as a person. I just like pretty artwork.
Last edited by mademehmmm on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:54 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
Im not a fanboy and have my own mind. You dont have to agree with all the causes he supports.
[/quote]

Oooh...looks like we've actually gotten to the heart of the matter.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Extra sig, extra $