Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
steub13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:53 pm

misterwhisper wrote:My "We The People" screenprint set just landed here in LA. :pint: Woo-hoo! Shipped nice and safely Obey-style, although they're coming from Amplifier in Seattle, according to the return address. Was surprised to find that "Defend" is the only print that's double-signed; the rest of them have just Shep's signature. USPS Priority is just dropping them on your doorstep (no sig required), so I was lucky to be home when it arrived on the rainiest day of the year. If you're in LA keep an eye out for yours so it doesn't get soaked!
Matching numbers on the set or random mix between the three?
nobokov
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:15 pm

misterwhisper wrote:No, I just ordered the set of 3 signed/numbered, which all shipped in the same tube. I didn't know there was an option to get signed/numbered + 5 unsigned set at the same time (?).
Yeah you should be getting 5 unsigned as well. Id email them and check. It was in Update 3

Ok, so more about all the art we want to give you: We noticed that we were not giving some of you enough. Apologies and rest assured it was truly an oversight! Every one of you who donated at the $50 level and above will be getting unsigned lithos of ALL the art that you’re not getting a signed edition of. That means if you bought Ernesto's screen print, or Jessica's or one of Shepard's large format prints, you will be getting the whole set of graphics with them now.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:24 pm

steub13 wrote: Matching numbers on the set or random mix between the three?
Yes, matching numbers on the set.
nobokov wrote: Yeah you should be getting 5 unsigned as well. Id email them and check. It was in Update 3
Cool! I did not know that.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:01 pm

amplifier foundation wrote:Thank you so much for your patience on receiving your artwork and for all the support you have shown us over the last month. It is because of each of you we can move forward and continue to create free artwork for these social movements and for all the people marching for our rights!

This email is to update you on the status of your orders, which are expected to arrive in March.

To give you all a bit of an update for why the orders are taking longer then expected, we literally bought up all of the paper in existence in the United States to make the lithograph prints, and realized that it was only enough to make 39,000 prints of the 165,000 we need. It is because of this we had to ask the manufacturers to fire up their machines to create more of the special speckle-tone paper used for these prints. We've also been busy trying to find a warehouse space big enough to fit 4 semi-trucks of cardboard tubes, and a place to manage the fulfillment of 30,000 individual orders from both our Kickstarter campaign as well donation gifts from our website. We also had to produce over a quarter million stickers, which due to the sheer volume won't be arriving until next week! Please remember that shipping 30,000 packages will take some time! To date we have also had over 1,500 schools reach out for free artwork, which after fulfilling all of your orders we will be sending out across the nation!
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:16 am

nobokov wrote:
misterwhisper wrote:No, I just ordered the set of 3 signed/numbered, which all shipped in the same tube. I didn't know there was an option to get signed/numbered + 5 unsigned set at the same time (?).
Yeah you should be getting 5 unsigned as well. Id email them and check. It was in Update 3

Ok, so more about all the art we want to give you: We noticed that we were not giving some of you enough. Apologies and rest assured it was truly an oversight! Every one of you who donated at the $50 level and above will be getting unsigned lithos of ALL the art that you’re not getting a signed edition of. That means if you bought Ernesto's screen print, or Jessica's or one of Shepard's large format prints, you will be getting the whole set of graphics with them now.
Interesting. I was considering buying an unsigned set from their bigcartel store, but now I will wait and see.
Thanks, mate! I have not gone through any of the updates in enough detail to notice.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:09 am

dundun wrote:Can't you guys keeps this BS out of the artist threads? Sooooooo effing lame.
To be fair, if you take all the BS out of the art discussion section, the only threads that will get (not even) a daily bump are Mondo and Bottleneck. By the time most of anything else gets bumped, many will forget about this forum. Bet you that many come for the art, but stay for the entertainment just as much. Of course this is just my opinion.

P.S. waiting for the "Art?! I come for the entertainment only!" and "Price charts is the only thing that matters." comments.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:18 am

A post complaining about people complaining about people, lol
mmmm Beer :pint:
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:01 am

Days of our EB
like sand in the hourglass
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:11 pm

Got mine today, too. :clap:
applehead
Art Expert

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Are these being delivered by UPS or USPS?

Thanks for the info about them adding sets of offsets. I had no idea and placed an order on their big cartel site. Gonna have to gift some and find a way to get Shep to sign some.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:03 am

Delivered by USPS.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:17 am

Any of you got those offsets in the package?
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:35 am

no i dont know where that is coming from. it was never in the reward tier. a extra set of offsets would be nice but idgaf personally.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:32 am

Thanks. I just read what the dude above said. The only reason I care is because I wanted to grab an offset set anyway.

Went to look for the updates in my mailbox, but I deleted them all, even from trash. Was I mad or something? Go figure :lol: