Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
toobs
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:23 pm

FML :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:01 pm

toobs wrote:FML :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
:cussing:
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:00 pm

bapaik wrote:
toobs wrote:
bapaik wrote:181 in inventory after I checked out and went back. I'd have to imagine a large chunk, if not all, was sold now.
strange counted no more then 11 secs from cart to check out and it was sold out from when it went up? hows that possible? unless people are backdooring and adding to cart before they are on a page thats the only way possible
In refreshing the inventory every ~5 seconds, it went from like 181, to 78, to ~30, 11, ~3 --> sold out. That was all over the course of 1:00 - 1:01. I wonder if they all just got carted, so what I'm viewing is the actual copies that check out. So while I saw 181 in inventory, all were carted, and just not checked out. Therefore, people trying to cart at that point would get a sold out.
Where did you come up with this nonsense?
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 pm

#PlatinumClub
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:31 am

nomdeguerre wrote:
bapaik wrote:
toobs wrote:
bapaik wrote:181 in inventory after I checked out and went back. I'd have to imagine a large chunk, if not all, was sold now.
strange counted no more then 11 secs from cart to check out and it was sold out from when it went up? hows that possible? unless people are backdooring and adding to cart before they are on a page thats the only way possible
In refreshing the inventory every ~5 seconds, it went from like 181, to 78, to ~30, 11, ~3 --> sold out. That was all over the course of 1:00 - 1:01. I wonder if they all just got carted, so what I'm viewing is the actual copies that check out. So while I saw 181 in inventory, all were carted, and just not checked out. Therefore, people trying to cart at that point would get a sold out.
You just have to inspect the page source and monitor Inventory. Surprised this is “nonsense” to you as that’s how a lot people on EB or FB see what’s left after checking out and then comment on it. Some websites like Mondo have removed the ability to see it. But Obey hasn’t removed that yet.
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:30 am

bapaik wrote:
nomdeguerre wrote:
bapaik wrote:
You just have to inspect the page source and monitor Inventory. Surprised this is “nonsense” to you as that’s how a lot people on EB or FB see what’s left after checking out and then comment on it. Some websites like Mondo have removed the ability to see it. But Obey hasn’t removed that yet.
When the print is sold out you can no longer checkout. You can keep trying until that happens, has nothing to with who has what in their cart. When was the last time you had a cart hold on obey? Nonsense!
*hand censored by the magical m'faith
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 am

ya I am lost in this thread
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:43 am

nomdeguerre wrote:
bapaik wrote:
nomdeguerre wrote:
bapaik wrote:
When the print is sold out you can no longer checkout. You can keep trying until that happens, has nothing to with who has what in their cart. When was the last time you had a cart hold on obey? Nonsense!
PMing you, so I don't have to fill this up.
Mjohnson541991
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:58 am

In refreshing the inventory every ~5 seconds, it went from like 181, to 78, to ~30, 11, ~3 --> sold out. That was all over the course of 1:00 - 1:01. I wonder if they all just got carted, so what I'm viewing is the actual copies that check out. So while I saw 181 in inventory, all were carted, and just not checked out. Therefore, people trying to cart at that point would get a sold out.[/quote]
Where did you come up with this nonsense?[/quote]

You just have to inspect the page source and monitor Inventory. Surprised this is “nonsense” to you as that’s how a lot people on EB or FB see what’s left after checking out and then comment on it. Some websites like Mondo have removed the ability to see it. But Obey hasn’t removed that yet.[/quote]
When the print is sold out you can no longer checkout. You can keep trying until that happens, has nothing to with who has what in their cart. When was the last time you had a cart hold on obey? Nonsense![/quote]

PMing you, so I don't have to fill this up.[/quote]

Lol, cart holds are a thing of the past. Last year, you would have been correct.

Oh, the days of a good cart battle.
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:14 am

Ha, I know I'll get flamed for large text post -- but I'll be that guy/gal for the day for everyone's amusement. Posting the PM I sent, as I realized I've confused everyone. Not that anyone cares.

Hey, so, I'm just trying to clarify what I'm saying here. I agree with your statement that once the print is sold out you can no longer check out. Also not trying to imply anyone has anything cart-locked. I know that's been done away with. So sorry if my original statement was confusing.

In this case, I was able to score on the drop. After scoring, I went back to the sale page, the "Add to cart" is still active, no "Sold out" button yet. During that time period, if you right click (at least on Google Chrome) you can select "View Page Source." In that page of code you can Ctrl-F "Inventory Quantity" there you can see how many prints are left.

For example:

1 -- Go here, Emek's recent sold out drop: https://www.emekstudios.com/collections ... kj391nl555
2 -- Right click and select "View Page Source" (Not sure if you can do it on other browers aside from Chrome)
3 -- Ctrl-F "Inventory Quantity", and see that for both prints, it is "0" -- it's sold out.
4 -- Now go here, a Spusta poster that is still for sale, NOT SOLD OUT: https://spusta-studio-shop.myshopify.co ... -a-product Go to his Big ol' Nasty Record
5 -- Follow steps 2 and 3 on that website.

See on Spusta's website, you can see there is still product in stock, and the distinct number of how many. While on Emek's it is sold out.

That is what I am trying to say about the Obey. I checked out, went back, and then watched the "Inventory" as I refreshed the code go from 181, to 78, to 0 within about a minute. I don't know exactly how Shopify works. As in, maybe it doesn't refresh as quickly, and therefore when I see 181 left, really, everyone has already checked out. All I can say is from the time of the drop, to a minute later, I could see the Inventory Quantity go down from 181.

My original comment was in response to someone thinking they had not release 550 because it sold out so quick. My comment was not made to serve any other purpose than to say, after I checked out, the Inventory still had 181, and I would assume a much larger number had been released, since that's what I saw after spending 10 seconds checking out. I guess in rereading it, I understand what is confusing. What I meant in viewing 181 to 78, was more that I would assume all 181 are carted (but not cart locked) and then it's a race to the check out. Therefore, upon my second refresh, 103 prints have now been successfully checked out by individuals, and I see 78. Continue that until Inventory reads 0.

I appreciate the discourse. Hope my tone wasn't #platinumclub. Just trying to explain what I meant.
Last edited by bapaik on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 am

Tacking .js on the end of the product address line will also bring up inventory quantity
I'm not someone else.
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:23 am

GoBluePanic wrote:Tacking .js on the end of the product address line will also bring up inventory quantity
Yes, that too. For some reason, that stopped working for me, or maybe it was the type of site (not a Shopify one), so I just started doing the Inspect Page source.

But completely agree with this. To follow up, I've noticed more sites removing it. Mondo and BNG both don't allow you to see the quantity anymore.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:48 am

+1 on the re-drop
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Oof, forgot about this drop.
bsharp
Art Expert

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:04 pm