General art-related discussion.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 2:51 pm

geka wrote:Shepard Fairey Wrong Path
Silkscreen und Mixed Media Collage on Paper, HPM 86,4 x 121,9 cm
Ed. 1/12
18000€
I guess that makes it an easy decision for me. I inquired but never heard back yet.

Thanks for posting.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu May 24, 2018 2:55 pm

bubbie wrote:
geka wrote:Shepard Fairey Wrong Path
Ed. 1/12
18000€
I guess that makes it an easy decision for me. I inquired but never heard back yet.

Thanks for posting.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
onesheet
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 24, 2018 2:57 pm

BISHALINI isn't my actual last name, nor is ALDO my actual first name. AND .. Yes, I understand that I am banned lol But my wife actually does have a different last name... or at least she uses her maiden name on her credit card. I think the refund on her order wasn't related to me...surprisingly. And if that's the case, they aren't tracking IPs. :clap:
I may be in the minority, but I've found this story pretty interesting.

I remember reading Shep's policy on canceling orders due to the growing prevalence of flipping for profit some time ago, and have since wondered how they're able to make that correlation. As far as I understand, all they can access is an ebay username and that user's general location (if that is even accurate). So how do they know for certain which username is associated with any given email address? The only thing I can think of is if they actually purchase the item and can then confirm both an email and physical address. What else am I missing?
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 5:13 pm

geka wrote:Beyond the Streets Billboard
Silkscreen und Mixed Media Collage on Paper, HPM 67,3 x 121,9 cm
Ed. 1/12
17500€

Shepard Fairey
Bleeding Lotus, Version 2
Mixed Media (Stencil, Silkscreen und Collage) on Paper 53,3 x 45,7 cm
12500€

Shepard Fairey Wrong Path
Ed. 1/12
18000€

Shepard Fairey
Gun Mandala Target (Red), Verion 2
Silkscreen und Mixed Media Collage on Paper (Monoprint) 66 x 63,5 cm
12000€
:lol: :lol:
MFGarrett
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Codeblue wrote:Anyone go to the event and get the stencil?
I did. Barely. Literally got the last one.
rka00
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 6:01 pm

^^ :clap: :clap: Congrats!!
MFGarrett
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 24, 2018 6:11 pm

rka00 wrote:^^ :clap: :clap: Congrats!!

Thanks! Super stoked on this one. It's a keeper for sure.
omyweenis
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 6:38 pm

MFGarrett wrote:

That’s sweet. Congrats. I was fortunate to score one. Can you post a pic of mine? Don’t wanna upgrade da photobucket. Thnx
MFGarrett
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm

omyweenis wrote:
MFGarrett wrote:

That’s sweet. Congrats. I was fortunate to score one. Can you post a pic of mine? Don’t wanna upgrade da photobucket. Thnx
Here you go.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Very nice. Thanks for sharing the pics. :drool:
butter80
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 pm

onesheet wrote:

BISHALINI isn't my actual last name, nor is ALDO my actual first name. AND .. Yes, I understand that I am banned lol But my wife actually does have a different last name... or at least she uses her maiden name on her credit card. I think the refund on her order wasn't related to me...surprisingly. And if that's the case, they aren't tracking IPs. :clap:

I remember reading Shep's policy on canceling orders due to the growing prevalence of flipping for profit some time ago, and have since wondered how they're able to make that correlation. As far as I understand, all they can access is an ebay username and that user's general location (if that is even accurate). So how do they know for certain which username is associated with any given email address? The only thing I can think of is if they actually purchase the item and can then confirm both an email and physical address. What else am I missing?
They’re checking IP’s

:hanging:
Karma is coming Monkey boy! watch yourself...
egrimens
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm

butter80 wrote:
onesheet wrote:

They’re checking IP’s

checking IP's for what? multiple orders? I would think anyone ordering more than one from a single computer would be smart enough hide that.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 24, 2018 9:01 pm

egrimens wrote:
butter80 wrote:
onesheet wrote:

They’re checking IP’s

checking IP's for what? multiple orders? I would think anyone ordering more than one from a single computer would be smart enough hide that.
Again, doesn't necessarily have to be one person. Could be multiple people behind a corporate firewall that don't even know any better.
So it goes...
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 9:02 pm

I actually don't think they are checking IPs. I'll let you know next drop... lol
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 24, 2018 9:07 pm

aldobishalini wrote:I actually don't think they are checking IPs. I'll let you know next drop... lol
It would be a big error in judgement if they did. So, do you have a theory as to why they cancelled your wife's order?
So it goes...