Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
Pawel
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:01 am

dinkydoggy wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Cute that people think this set will flip for $1500+. I was thinking $500
I would be surprised if it even gets that
Well for now it looks like 1 set sold for $700 while another 2 sets have sold for $850.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... Complete=1
The two got relisted
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 am

or the person selling the sets had more than one.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:37 am

bsharp wrote:Looks like the in the OG picture, the edition is /90 and the picture from wunderkammern is /75, although both descriptions say edition of 90. They must've made the edition larger? (The EB entry currently says 75.)
So did they take an eraser to 1/75?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
bsharp
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:19 am

jjttdw wrote:
bsharp wrote:Looks like the in the OG picture, the edition is /90 and the picture from wunderkammern is /75, although both descriptions say edition of 90. They must've made the edition larger? (The EB entry currently says 75.)
Looks like they just photoshopped it. Open these in two tabs and switch. Everything's the same except /90 and /75.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnZikb7XsAIeDQV.jpg
https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_im ... +print.jpg
ciphe
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:39 am

bsharp wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
Looks like they just photoshopped it. Open these in two tabs and switch. Everything's the same except /90 and /75.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnZikb7XsAIeDQV.jpg
https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_im ... +print.jpg
#fakenews
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:03 pm

Unless it's a shopify glitch, it looks like they ain't shipping to PO Box addresses anymore.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
thefool
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:49 pm

ToonKiller
Art Expert

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Codeblue wrote:Unless it's a shopify glitch, it looks like they ain't shipping to PO Box addresses anymore.
Can work around that by getting the physical address of the post office and wording the address like you would an apartment with the box being your apt number.
Except word it like Unit # instead of Apt #
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Duh. It's called street addressing. It tends to cause delivery delays (at least my PO) and sometimes misrouting. I prefer not to use it unless necessary. I've also had way more damaged packages from UPS than USPS.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:01 pm

So did anyone ever figure out what the deal is with the “My Account” on the obey website?
rccollins
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:12 pm

So i scored the print today..similarly to how i scored that print set a few months ago..and then later on in the day found out there was a glitch with the system and i actually didn't score it. This time, however, they are doing something very cool for me.. i got refunded, and any large form print or any print i want that is released over the next 6 months is mine if i want to purchase it, and let them know before the release is dropped. Hoping for another small edition size print that i am into.. Chances are there will be at least one of those over the next 6 months. This happened to anyone else on here?
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:15 pm

rccollins wrote:So i scored the print today..similarly to how i scored that print set a few months ago..and then later on in the day found out there was a glitch with the system and i actually didn't score it. This time, however, they are doing something very cool for me.. i got refunded, and any large form print or any print i want that is released over the next 6 months is mine if i want to purchase it, and let them know before the release is dropped. Hoping for another small edition size print that i am into.. Chances are there will be at least one of those over the next 6 months. This happened to anyone else on here?
that's cool of them, cheers!
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:44 am

there certainly has never been any glitches, refunds, or screwups on OBEY drops. they are airtight with the quality control during print releases. well oiled machine over there. :lol:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:00 pm

obeygiant wrote:TOM PETTY: AN AMERICAN TREASURE SCREEN PRINTS AVAILABLE THIS THURSDAY!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’ve been a fan of Tom Petty since I first heard “Refugee” and “Don’t Do Me Like That” on the radio as a nine-year-old kid. I was lucky enough to work with Tom on several projects before he passed and I was honored when Adria Petty reached out to me to illustrate a portrait of her dad for the cover of the ""Tom Petty: An American Treasure” box set. I created my illustration based on the iconic photograph shot by @markseliger. There are two different posters, one based on the album art that’s more graphic and one based on a painting I made using the same illustration. I’m pleased with the result and honored to contribute to the legacy of a musician who has contributed so much fantastic music to my life and this world! - Shepard
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Tom Petty: An American Treasure Canvas on Speckle Tone True White Paper. 18 x 24 inches. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 275. $60. Available Thursday, September 27th @ 10AM (PDT) on ObeyGiant.com in Store under Prints. Max order: 1 per customer/household. Multiple orders will be refunded. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery. ⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Tom Petty: An American Treasure on Speckle Tone True White Paper. 18 x 24 inches. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 275. $60. Available Thursday, September 27th @ 11AM (PDT) on ObeyGiant.com in Store under Prints. Max order: 1 per customer/household. Multiple orders will be refunded. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery. ⠀
So it goes...
bsharp
Art Expert

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:08 pm

Non-canvas edition: